• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spartacus Blood and Sand

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Spartacus Blood and Sand

Was recommended to watch this show by my cousin as i always found this time period really interesting when i was younger and love shows about it. I have to say this show is absolutely awesome, one of the best ive seen on TV and easily in the top 3 on TV right now. First few episodes were a little weak but it got better and better as the season went on. Just curious as to if anyone else here has seen it. Its just finished the first season and season 2 is being delayed while Andy Whitfield recovers from Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Trailer (WARNING CONTAINS NUDITY AND VIOLENCE)

Also make sure you spoiler tag anything that could give away key things in the plot so you dont spoil it for anyone else.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

Yeah I've been watching it, its awesome, the actor who plays Spartacus is cool I loved him in Gabriel. That last episode 'Whore' was a doosie :O

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hermit;409174 said:
Yeah I've been watching it, its awesome, the actor who plays Spartacus is cool I loved him in Gabriel. That last episode 'Whore' was a doosie :O

Ah is that where its up to on TV? I havent watched it on TV, there are 4 episodes after that which end the season and they are nothing short of superb. The writing is clever and the stories are very well tied together. Hope he recovers soon and they can get back to filming season 2.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I have only had a chance to watch two or three episodes, but I found it awesome. I still like True Blood more though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;409229 said:
I have only had a chance to watch two or three episodes, but I found it awesome. I still like True Blood more though.

True Blood is a vampire show and this is totally different. Like comparing Halo to The Sims :lol:.

First 3 episodes were ok but the rest were amazing, i suggest you watch more if you liked them. Plus True Blood is about 3 seasons in and this has had only 13 episodes. :lol:

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I'm definitely going to check this out, but I highly recommend you follow my suggestion and check out Rome. You won't be disappointed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;409264 said:
I'm definitely going to check this out, but I highly recommend you follow my suggestion and check out Rome. You won't be disappointed.

I will be checking that out too dont you worry. ^_^

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

I have it on my to watch list. Currently I am survive on all the basic channels. Once I get sound and my new computer I will begin to watch it all along with allot of films.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

True blood is awesome, season 3 is abit weird though, but This show is cool, I was abit meh at first, but it grew on me.

Rome is another must watch, seriously awesome and the most nude program out there :p

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Looks very green screened, but good.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I saw 3 episodes a couple of months ago, haven't gotten around to watching more yet, but it's pretty awesome.

PS! watch out, kids, it contains gore, nudity, lots of gore and even more nudity.
Did I just make it much more appealing?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I haven't heard about it until now, and I only watched the trailer to spot out some boobery.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

it's been heavily recommended to me. i've got 3 total seasons of 2 other shows to finish first, but i think i may check it out since i've got nothing better to do. :lol:
looks promising, but i don't think anyone in it will replace russel crowe as my favorite gladiator!

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I've never heard or seen this in my life but it looks pretty good. What days of the week is it usually on?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Tuesday on bravo at 10 or 11 pm. In England that is, don't know about America.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

It is on Starz over here, if you have Movie Channels like Starz or HBO, give it a look.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;409680 said:
it's been heavily recommended to me. i've got 3 total seasons of 2 other shows to finish first, but i think i may check it out since i've got nothing better to do. :lol:
looks promising, but i don't think anyone in it will replace russel crowe as my favorite gladiator!

It borrows the atmosphere and some elements from both Gladiator and 300 but for a TV series it pulls them off rather well seem as though the budget is significantly less with lesser known actors too.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;409762 said:
It borrows the atmosphere and some elements from both Gladiator and 300 but for a TV series it pulls them off rather well seem as though the budget is significantly less with lesser known actors too.
i was getting that feeling, smells heavily of a revenge plot judging from the trailer. oh well, gladiator was a fantastic movie so i don't think i'll be disappointed. ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;409800 said:
i was getting that feeling, smells heavily of a revenge plot judging from the trailer. oh well, gladiator was a fantastic movie so i don't think i'll be disappointed. ^_^

Oh its all about revenge from the start and style is very 300 style and story is similar to Gladiator but its VERY well written and some great plots in there.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I recently started watching the series and just got the season one episodes on my computer. I am really enjoying it for many reasons.