• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spirit of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score
Re: Spirit of Music

Tsuyu;412669 said:
St. Anger has Frantic, Invisible Kid and The Unnamed Feeling. All of which are great songs, especially The Unnamed Feeling. Death Magnetic has The Day That Never Comes. Ride The Lightning? Fade To Black is one of the most beautiful songs they have and it is in no way thrash metal.

People who hate "new" Metallica are just about as dumb as those who burnt their albums during the whole Napster affair.

I really can't stand the 2 newest Metallica albums. Fade to Black is my favorite Metallica song, but if you listen to the rest of the album, it's definitely thrash metal. I mean, sure, all Metallica albums have a couple good songs, but the first ones are the only ones where I can listen to the entire album and not get bored.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I love Metallica, but this argument isn't even necessary, I don't see why one should care what other people negatively think about their favorite band.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

BECUZ DEY ARE JUST HATING IT 2 BE EDGY AND KUL

HONEST

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;412671 said:
Them being overrated is pretty much a fact anyway - but it doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed. If you enjoy them, well, godspeed to you. People literally hail them as Gods, the originators of metal, which they are neither. By definition, they are overrated.

Pioneers of thrash metal, which they are.

DarkenedSoul;412676 said:

HONEST

Edit: because hating the old Metallica is edgy and cool too.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;412676 said:

HONEST

Already edgy and kul, amirite?

Anyways, uh, lets just end this argument with one thing. Metallica is a great band. There. :lol:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

How many hipsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

It's an obscure number, you've probably never heard of it.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

droded;412680 said:
How many hipsters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

It's an obscure number, you've probably never heard of it.

I know this one...
But can't remember.

I'll better post a song.

[youtube]uU0_U_ssiGg[/youtube]

by a famous Estonian composer Veljo Tormis. Just epic.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;412677 said:
Pioneers of thrash metal, which they are.
Doesn't make me enjoy their music though, I'm afraid. People /do/ say they're the kings of metal, and the first to do it, which simply isn't true.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Overrated is a matter of opinion.

Opinion =/= Fact.

And yes, if I say "Darkened Soul is a douche" it is implied that it is my opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that I state it in a "I think this is true, hence it is fact"-kinda jackass way.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tsuyu;412685 said:
Overrated is a matter of opinion.

Opinion =/= Fact.

And yes, if I say "Darkened Soul is a douche" it is implied that it is my opinion, but it doesn't change the fact that I state it in a "I think this is true, hence it is fact"-kinda jackass way.
So, in your opinion, you think Metallica being hailed as Gods is justified and totally not overrated at all?

...Okay! Well, just step into this room! It's lovely in there, there's plenty of pillows - on the walls!! :)

Also, were you trying to imply I'm a douche by saying it in a way that isn't directly calling me a douche? Well, that just tickles my heart! :3

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

[youtube]b9RJXWxth5g[/youtube]

[youtube]1DND8S_CF_g[/youtube]

In my opinion the two best Necrophagist songs.

No more arguing this way.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Who the *bleep* is hailing them as gods? Apart from you, I haven't seen or heard anyone use that term.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tsuyu;412692 said:
Who the *bleep* is hailing them as gods? Apart from you, I haven't seen or heard anyone use that term.
I know people in real life that literally do.

They drive me crazy.

It's why I'm in this room of pillows!! On the plus side, it's very comfy! It's so comfy I could KILL SOMEONE WITH MY BARE HANDS AND EAT THEIR INTESTINES SLOWLY WITH THE JUICES FROM THEIR STOMACH MAKING IT LOOK LIKE SPAGHETTI IN A GREEN/YELLOW SAUCE OF MORBIDNESS AND DOOM!

In a completely metaphorical sense, mind you.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Then all it means is that those people are nutters, not that Metallica is overrated.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;412687 said:
So, in your opinion, you think Metallica being hailed as Gods is justified and totally not overrated at all?

...Okay! Well, just step into this room! It's lovely in there, there's plenty of pillows - on the walls!! :)

Also, were you trying to imply I'm a douche by saying it in a way that isn't directly calling me a douche? Well, that just tickles my heart! :3

You do realize you were the one to bring in all the "hailed as Gods" subject. Tsuyu has never said anything about it.
You also said it is a fact they are overrated, just because FANS hail them as gods. Moot point.

Also, they were one of the first thrash metal bands so they deserve some credit regardless of the music.

PS! I don't like Metallica

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;412696 said:
You do realize you were the one to bring in all the "hailed as Gods" subject. Tsuyu has never said anything about it.
Yes, what's your point?
TRA Rotid;412696 said:
You also said it is a fact they are overrated, just because FANS hail them as gods. Moot point.
How so? That shows they're overrated by definition. What the hell are you trying to say? There are so many false claims about them, IE being the originators of metal etc. - and they don't deserve it. Hence, overrated.

So are you trying to say nothing is ever or will never be overrated as long as only fans hail them?
TRA Rotid;412696 said:
Also, they were one of the first thrash metal bands so they deserve some credit regardless of the music.
Sure, but some credit doesn't mean "THEY ARE THE GODS OF METAL" or "THEY STARTED METAL".
Tsuyu;412695 said:
Then all it means is that those people are nutters, not that Metallica is overrated.

INTESTINES.

But they generally are very overrated in my opinion.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu;412695 said:

This, basically. There are countless people on Youtube who comment with such claims that they are Gods and Metal Kings, nutters.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Justin Bieber.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;412736 said:
Justin Bieber.

He's dreamy.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

I'll pass on metallica, sorry they are really overrated...

I do however enjoy copious amounts of Modest Mouse. It's hard not to love songs like 'little hotel', 'i came as a rat', '3rd planet'... All of the lonesome crowded west...

Also, I'm a big fan of death cab for cutie, Phoenix, arctic monkeys...yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.