• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Square-Enix Exploring the possibility of a FFVII Remake

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Square-Enix Exploring the possibility of a FFVII Remake

Project-EgoNewsLogo2.png

------------------------
cloudff7ac.png

So far, Square Enix has said that a Final Fantasy VII remake would be "unrealistic," "tough to do in HD" and "not happening." But hold out hope, die-hards, because during an interview at FFXIII's launch party, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada finally admitted that the company is "going to explore the possibility" of revisiting the classic RPG. He didn't completely reverse the long-held position, as he says Square Enix has to decide "whether or not we're going to do it, if we're going to do it, and the platform," but he did finally admit that there have been a lot of fan requests to see the game in a new form, so he's giving it some solid thought.

Of course, the huge success of the game's re-release on PSN probably didn't hurt either. If Square's convinced a remake will sell (and people will play through Gaia yet again, possibly even on yet another platform), we'll probably see it somewhere sooner or later.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Square-Enix Exploring the possibility of a FFVII Remake

please do VIII too :'(
i wanna see rinoa in shiny graphics :D:D:D

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I do wonder... Square-Enix taking the easy way out and making a DS/PSP remake of FF7.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I always thought those were rumours and never more.

I'd probably buy and play a remake, but I think it would just be boring if it were just an exact remake with cool new graphics.

They should add some extra content.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

droded;372433 said:
I always thought those were rumours and never more.

I'd probably buy and play a remake, but I think it would just be boring if it were just an exact remake with cool new graphics.

They should add some extra content.

They probably will, fans have been requesting it in the style of Advent Children (like XIII was). I've had enough of the old turn-based battle system, Lost Odyssey was the last straw for me.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I just saw this on sentUAMessage. Pretty cool stuff.

I basically want exactly the same game. Maybe with some side DLC? Better graphics. I don't want them to change it. But it's Square-Enix, they'll find some way to f*ck it up.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

fan boys will go ape sh!t if this happens

if they remake Halo CE with Reach or even H3 looking graphics i would probably crap my self then explode

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;372430 said:
I do wonder... Square-Enix taking the easy way out and making a DS/PSP remake of FF7.

I would prefer this, to be honest. Wouldn't take nearly as long.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;372430 said:

I sure as hell hope not. It p**sed me off when Crisis Core was only on the PSP. Doing a game right is better than rushing it, look at Fable 2, good game, but dear christ the glitches.

theboosher

Retexturer
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;372706 said:
I just saw this on sentUAMessage. Pretty cool stuff.

I basically want exactly the same game. Maybe with some side DLC? Better graphics. I don't want them to change it. But it's Square-Enix, they'll find some way to f*ck it up.

yeah i want it the same too. i think it would be cool if it was the whole ffvii but then advent children after.