• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Good King, gets the short end.. It seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I am quite literally screwed than, to be honest iv'e been unable to have a single bad character since iv'e played fable. I have always played as a good character and haven't been able to do a bad deed in the game. lets hope they will have something that will allow me to have somewhat of a smooth ride, other wise I will need like three or four game saves to pay everything :(

Ive never been able to play as a good character as the rewards werent worth the effort. Id rather have some-one pay me to get something then take their money, steal that item, kill them and take their belongings too. So much more gain for me doing this than taking the pittance they offered me to complete the job.

sirsimon

Reaction score
I have always played a good guy, I dont really like being evil, because the evil path just means stupid things like slaughtering hundreds for no reason or getting a tonne of money.

If I am to be evil, it must be realistic evil, I want to look good, but in reality, I would be an evil sinner.
I want people to love me and not run in fear, not realizing I am cold hearted

Bl00dy Joker

Reaction score
Actually, I just posted something somewhere else...

Is there EVER a GOOD King?
Politics in it's sense is already "evil" in some ways. If you're going to spend the money on improving standard of living, there is bound to be people who get left behind by the economic growth. Income inequality rises etc.
Furthermore, you're more vulnerable to attacks from aurora (if any) and therefore can be seen as a "bad king" for letting your Kingdom come under fire.

I'm sure there will be "promises" which will contradict each other. Like real politics or economics, you can't make everyone happy. Perhaps you're gonna deal with a revolution ANYWAY unless you seriously be an all out totalitarian. Then you'll be evil...

Actually one way they can make it harder to be "good" is if you're less good looking when good than when you are evil. I don't mean making "good" people look really bad but they do say that Satan is a charming, handsome man.

movie... men in tights... that king owns

Kahindes

Reaction score
I've never been evil in any Fable game so far. In Fable II it seemed that the choice of being good and evil was more of just a personal choice; merely changing the way that you wanted yourself to look like and how you wanted others to see you. In Fable 3 it seems that it is more about effort, and possible rewards and benefits will greatly sway your choice. Personal opinion and preference might not play as much as a role in your decisions anymore.

In a way, I find it to be a challenge. I still will be good, however there might be time where even I am going to have to choose not so favorable choices for the better.

Langston

Reaction score
I hope it is tougher. I try to put my emotions into the situation, and maybe if there were more gray areas i would make the bad choices instead thinking the ends justify the means.

sirsimon

Reaction score
I've never been evil in any Fable game so far. In Fable II it seemed that the choice of being good and evil was more of just a personal choice; merely changing the way that you wanted yourself to look like and how you wanted others to see you. In Fable 3 it seems that it is more about effort, and possible rewards and benefits will greatly sway your choice. Personal opinion and preference might not play as much as a role in your decisions anymore.

In a way, I find it to be a challenge. I still will be good, however there might be time where even I am going to have to choose not so favorable choices for the better.

I agree with you, starting as good, but becoming neutral during kinghood sounds like the best option

Status
Not open for further replies.