• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

understanding the ending theorys *spoilers*

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
understanding the ending theorys *spoilers*

ok, i am sick of hearing people bitch about the end of the game, cuz i think they dont even understand it. and befor anyone starts bashing me, keep in mind that this is just one fellows opionion.

*closing the book on fable 1

the story basicly tells you that the events of fable 1 are over and have little to nothing to do with whats going on now. also this time around, whatever choices you made will have no affect on the events of fable 3. unlike fable 1, wich had choices like keep or desroy the mask, or kill your sister or not. the choices in fable 2, while big, wont contrast or affect fable 3.

*the story is only begining

we have already been informed that LH is planning on making fables 3, 4, and 5, and the end of fable 2 obviously is just the begining of a much bigger storyline.

*the ritual

** the ultimate weapon (several theorys on this)

1 the weapon is you. the ritual was to awaken some hidden power within you so you could stop lucien.

2 the ritual was not compleat, thats why you were stuck in that glowing circle when lucien inturupted the ritual and he was able to kill you while you were stuck. but "fate" would not let you fail, so you were allowed to come back with the music box and stop lucien. when you return to the spire, lucien seems to be attempting the very same ritual as you and the music box stops him. this leads me to beleive that the music box is not the ultimate weapon, and the weapon was never summoned. lucien inturupted the ritual, then attempted to summon the weapon as part of his plans to make a new world. but it was your destiny to stop lucien from doing this, so you were sent back with a way to stop him from compleating the ritual.

** tereasa

remembering back to fable 1, teresa is very mysterious. her morality is not really known. in fable 2 she seems to guide you through your fate, as she did in fable 1 to a lesser extent. your destiny was only to stop lucien from using the spire, not to stop it being built or to stop anyone else from using it. tereasa takes the spire in the end, but we will just have to wait and see why. some say that she could be a villan in the next fable, this is possible, but to me she seems more like mentor with her powers. just like sythe (archon) guided nostro to become who he was in an attempt to fix albion. when that failed he went in serch of another. theresa seems to be the same type of character, using her power to help fulfill prophecies and help heros reach their destiny.

i though of this late last night, and i think i had more to it than this. i may come back and add more if i can remember it. anyway, thanks for reading.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: understanding the ending theorys *spoilers*

I agree completely, all your thoeries are exactly the same as mine. But my piont is wether or not the ending is partof a much more epic storyline the fact of the matter is that fable 2's ending was not enticing in the least and quite frankly sucked titties.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

The ending wans't exciting in a traditional sense, no, and it could have been set up better. At the very least, I would have liked to have felt the Shard (or even something more monstrous) was more of a threat than it was...I mean, you fight little tiny Shards with the same weakness. That said, I don't think it sucked as such. Video game (and many movie) climaxes are generally know for and expected to be giant, action-y affairs. This ending, however, was a bit more "subdued" one more often seen in novels and the like. It was a change of pace, at the least, but no it wasn't what I was expected. And since the average person is more likely to think of action as exciting I guess it's a moot point for me to try and make.

Although I think they were intentionally misleading us through parts of the game about the ending. In fact, the Relic card clearly isn't the music box...Instead, it envokes more the image of the Sword of Aeons. I actually almost thought that was what was being summoned for a moment, and really that wouldn't have been very surprising. :p Except that Theresa is still alive, of course.

It's always a risk to try and do something different, and story writing like any thing else is something you learn from.

Keelee.Hamomin

Lovable Lunatic
Reaction score

But do you think they will go off of this ending to start Fable 3 or do you think they will also put out a Fable 2: Lost Chapters. Because the letter you receive from Rose is very misleading if they don't intend to do anything more with it.
Also, I don't know if they would continues these same characters for Fable 3 unless you are able to upload your F2 character. Otherwise, you'd be starting all over again with all these story lines that basically have nothing to do with your character.....

o-0

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I loved it. I just love surprising endings. It was so simple, and it had somewhat of an impact. But the best endings in my opinion were Mass Effect and GTA IV's.

And just to stay to the point, great theories. They make sense too. Must have taken some thinking.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah like the spire was going to kill the world pretty much and nobody cared not even the heroes the were just like "hey cmon we gotta stop this guy" and with the whole revenge thing this hero didnt seem to care about lucien in the last and fable 1's hero had his life based around it.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Keelee.Hamomin;232305 said:
But do you think they will go off of this ending to start Fable 3 or do you think they will also put out a Fable 2: Lost Chapters. Because the letter you receive from Rose is very misleading if they don't intend to do anything more with it.
Also, I don't know if they would continues these same characters for Fable 3 unless you are able to upload your F2 character. Otherwise, you'd be starting all over again with all these story lines that basically have nothing to do with your character.....

o-0

i think that fable 3 could continue the story without needing the character from fable 2. it could just as easily start with a new child and be several years later.

but gameplay wise, i agree that the ending could have been better. nevertheless, i liked it. it was different and unexpected. i enjoyed the story. the game did end a bit soon though...... but you can really see all the work they put into the word and the combat and all that good stuff. the quality makes up for the lack of quantity.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

yah it was gewd, now espciallyif they add some DLC or xpansion to it... and free for the LE peeps tha got jipped.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

ya that whole thing with the LE was geyyyyyyyyyyy. first they take out all the good goodies, then some da mass doesnt have enough brain power to put a simple card in a plastic case. wich leeds me to wonder why that DLC coulnt just be on the secound disc.....
seriously, if i ever meet whoever it was in mexico who didnt put those card in the games, they are getting kicked in the nads. and if its a chick, i will throw apples at her.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

I do personally believe that there will be downloadable content that might be like the Lost Chapters that will continue the story of *this* character, but as far as Theresa and the like is concerned I expect that will be touched upon in Fable 3. If it's stuff about this character and his friends left open, that's the expansion. If it's stuff not specifically about this character or his friends, it's probably Fable 3 stuff.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

on the most part agree with you 1 or 2 small issues id debate but on the whole i agree

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

+ rep 2

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

If they do make an expansion id rathe it be a butload of maps and items rather then an extention of the current storyline because it sucks so making it longer wont help me.

R

Rolandk73

I LOVED the ending. I can't stand boss battles. I find them boring and repetitive. This ending was great. The surreal creepiness of the kiddie scene left me with so many questions, which is what an ending should do. There was no ultimate (dues ex machina) master sword that saved the day.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

boss battles own, so do swords of unimaginable power. a dream and a music box are **** ass pieces of crap and a lame excuse for an ending. i liked the dream though lol.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

It suddenly occurs to me that many gamers expect most game endings to all be vaguely similar. I find this oddly interesting. I don't like it, mind, but I do find it interesting, as it's not exactly as present in most other artforms. Hm.

C

Campini

Just a few problems with your explanation/theory. If fable is part of a series, as many many games are, then each game should have its own story (even if its part of a whole) that leaves the gamer satisfied. My personal opinion is that the story was just thrown together gibberish (if the events of fable I are done and finished why is theresa part of the game? theres just no need), and why did she tell you to buy the music box in the first place, thus setting the events of the game into motion when she could have just saved you the trouble. And if the story wont end until fable five, ill be friggin dead by then! I think peter molyneux is just making it all up as he goes along and fable five will be just as anticlimatic as this one.

S

Sephiroth

FABLE 2 WAS THE BEST GAME ALL YEAR. SO SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE ENDING. GOSH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ENDING DON'T PLAY THE GAME.

C

Campini

Well genius, its pretty hard not to play the game if you dont like the ending, considering you have to play through the entire game to REACH the ending. Fable II was FAR from the best game of the year... BioShock, Gears 2, Dead Space, theres so many contenders its not even funny. Fable II was fun but DEFINITELY not the best game of the year.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

It might not be the best game of the year, but I'm pretty sure Fable II is in the Top 5 best Xbox360 games of the year.