• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain

Reaction score
Weapon Development

Fable 3 is 50 years on from fable 2, as we all know. Post ideas for new weapons or new guns or melee weapons.

For me I would like a winchester or a lever action rifle to be in fable 3. Winchesters were made around the time era fable 3 seems to be set in so it would be ok to have one.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Weapon Development

Small Cannons. Like the French. For single man use

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

my guess and hope is that new trade routes and better shipping methods allow more and more foreign weapons and customs into albion such as a real katana cos we all know the one in fable 2 was almost as far from the truth as you can get and still stay a sword

FableFan4

Reaction score

Soap;354367 said:
Fable 3 is 50 years on from fable 2, as we all know. Post ideas for new weapons or new guns or melee weapons.

For me I would like a winchester or a lever action rifle to be in fable 3. Winchesters were made around the time era fable 3 seems to be set in so it would be ok to have one.

did they actually verify it would be? i don't recall

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^Yes, we've known that Fable 3 will be 50 years after Fable 2 for a long time.

As for new weapons, I can't think of any new weapons I'd like to see that come from new innovations in weaponry, but I would like to see other kinds of weapons like spears and staffs. Other than that, I can't really think of any weapons that haven't already been in Fable. They should bring back bows though. I know they're outdated at this point in time, and obsolete for the most part, but Lionhead should at least put them back into the game for nostalgic purposes, and maybe make them a little weaker than other ranged weaponry.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

more katanas.
more pistols.
more legendary weapons.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

in terms of melee weps i think we might see more katanas, sabers and clutlass' long swords might not be in the game, mabye calymores....

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

daggers, and dual wieldable weapons.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

i would like to see chinese swords, better katanas, i would like to see enchantable weapons, like the sword of fire. An actual sword of fire. Elemental swords and stuff that ppl can use as mages and warriors. I would like to see some old school armour and armour rating come back. Not this atracctivness bull****

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Little_Sparrow;354458 said:
i would like to see enchantable weapons,

Ever heard of an augmentation?

Little_Sparrow;354458 said:
I would like to see some old school armour and armour rating come back. Not this atracctivness bull****

F*ck that. Armor would be nice, but armor ratings should stay out of Fable, otherwise, you're just going to end up wearing the same exact thing every time.

Viper zxt

Imperial King of Blades
Reaction score

A Legendary Katana that deals heavy damadge and is made of gold with a diamond hilt

Owrm

Reaction score

The Melee weapons from the first game back, along with the old measurements for quality. And Bows added back.

Cain

Reaction score

If bows were to be brought back then they should be the weakest ranged weapons in the game

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Shotguns, perhaps as a bridge between the rifles and the blunderbuss. Or maybe it can be a replacement for the blunderbuss entirely? I don't know, I just want a shotgun.

Owrm

Reaction score

Soap;354586 said:
If bows were to be brought back then they should be the weakest ranged weapons in the game

Sure they would be compared to guns. But also with the advancement of guns, people realized to rely less on armor, hence the accuracy and distance over most rifles of the time comes into play with the bow.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;354648 said:
Shotguns, perhaps as a bridge between the rifles and the blunderbuss. Or maybe it can be a replacement for the blunderbuss entirely? I don't know, I just want a shotgun.

Blunderbusses are shotguns...

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

^^ i was about to say that when i saw his post lol

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

If you want to get technical, a blunderbuss is a precursor to what we know as the modern shotgun. However, I don't want a blunderbuss. I want a mother****ing shotgun.

Cain

Reaction score

Blunderbusses had a wider pellet spread and so you were more likely to hit everything near you than your target. Most shotguns, excluding pump action and sawn-offs, have a controlled spread and will hit your target. And seeing as its a victorian era, there would be no blunderbusses and there would be shotguns instead.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I would prefer blunderbusses, even if they started to look more like a regular shotgun. I just think labeling something as a 'shotgun' in Fable doesn't work. It would feel like it's gone too far into the future.

Soap;354586 said:

I agree. I would just want a bow to remember the good times in TLC (even though I still play TLC :lol:). There should be a legendary bow that's relatively decent, though, just to make it so they're not completely useless.

Owrm;354658 said:
Sure they would be compared to guns. But also with the advancement of guns, people realized to rely less on armor, hence the accuracy and distance over most rifles of the time comes into play with the bow.

Nice idea, I never actually thought of that. +rep for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.