• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do Lionhead keep ditching all the old regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Avoided me using, huh?
Just FYI, I wasn't the guy who called people whiners, if that's what you're thinking. I think your post was fine, but eh what do I know?

Sorry, I added a "you" in there by accident, I edited it out. Haha. Also, I know you're not, I just explaining myself by quoting your post. Trust me, I've got nothing against you.

JBeach

Reaction score
I just finished my first play through of Fable 3 and I don't think I really need to say more than "I don't see a need to play through a second time" but I will (obviously.)

Fable 1 I played through 4 or 5 times, Fable 2 I played through a dozen times. Fable 3 - I don't know what I'd do differently. I made millions, overthrew the tyrant, kept all my promises and then did a bunch of nice stuff that I didn't promise. I married my childhood sweetheart (Elise), had two children then adopted all the orphans in the orphanage, beat the big bad guy without any civilian casualties and finished the game with millions in my account and the treasury. There are a few side quests left and I might re-visit my kingdom but why would I start over? Maybe if Lionshead comes out with some kick a** DLC, but even then it would have to be really good - better than Knothole Island and See the Future - both of which were little more than extra, and sorta boring, side quests.

I also won't pre-order next time. This isn't the game we were promised. It was (for me at least) much faster and shorter than Fable 2. There may have been more acreage to explore, I don't know - I did a ton of wandering and there was nothing to see (except maybe a few dig spots.)

We were told that we would be able to pick up, hug and toss children, we can't. In fact your "relationship" with your family, your dog and the villagers is much, much more limited in Fable 3 than it was in 2. You can't entertain the crowds any longer, you can interact with one villager at a time and the ways you can interact with them are much more limited. You can't hand out gifts really. You are limited to two children per household (I hired nannies and set up extra houses for all my adoptees.)

In short Fable 3 is a major leap backward on almost every level. Not a good leap backward as in more like Fable 1 but a leap backward in the sense that the game is a little less than either of the other games in almost every way, in some cases it's alot less.

Twilight

Reaction score
In short Fable 3 is a major leap backward on almost every level. Not a good leap backward as in more like Fable 1 but a leap backward in the sense that the game is a little less than either of the other games in almost every way, in some cases it's alot less.

lolwut?

Mastperf

Reaction score
Also remember we will have to pay 80 MS points just to dye things black. Yep, they are now charging extra on top of the $80 for colors. Cant you just feel the love for the fans?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Also remember we will have to pay 80 MS points just to dye things black. Yep, they are now charging extra on top of the $80 for colors. Cant you just feel the love for the fans?

Highfive. I demand it.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
Weren't you paying attention at the end of the game? Theresa says if it wasn't for you the world would be colourless. I think what LH is trying to tell us here is that the true colours

are in our hearts

and we must unlock them by donating from our treasury to theirs

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
I'm probably going to stop playing this once Tuesday rolls around. Just paid off the rest of Black Ops, can't wait to start murdering people again.

JBeach

Reaction score

That was my initial reaction too, but I thought I'd expand on it a bit so people would understand better what I meant by it.

On Edit: I finally did figure out how to pick up, carry, hug etc., - it's available in one of the chests lateish in the game - by which point I was wealthy, had a family and was getting ready for big fights (and so largely ignoring the chests on the left hand side - dye packs and pie maker upgrades etc).

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure making a joke about Peter Molyneux crying isn't being hostile.

I was talking about the whole "If you'd bothered to pay attention" business. Not everyone has thought this through as much as you have, but that's no reason to get all snarky at them.

Jonas Green

Reaction score
Woah, I wasn't calling EVERYONE whining haters. It just strikes a serious nerve with me when people bash a game for silly little differences like new areas (which DO happen to have a connection to the past games whether you like it or not). I'm also not blindly following Lionhead, or "among other things" whatever that's supposed to mean. I'll admit that LH has done some pretty sloppy crap with the Fable series, such as pulling random things out of the game last minute and producing almost worthless DLC. They aren't perfect. And for the record calling me a little <expletive> was rude and I'd just love to tell you what I think of your post, but I won't, because I can hold restraint.

Also, in my second post, I said I didn't actually know if Bloodstone was destroyed, if you were paying attention at all that is. Hell, for all I know, its still thriving, LIKE I SAID IN MY SECOND POST. Maybe you're the one who should pay attention you snot-nosed little <expletive here>. And no you weren't being non-hostile and "incredibly nice", you insulted me while I was merely pointing out a few things about how the areas aren't so changed after all. I didn't mean to offend anyone here with the "whining haters" comment, like I said, it just strikes a serious nerve with me when they say they'll never buy or play a certain game again simply because of a few little changes to the landscape.

Mercenary

Reaction score
I didn't really mind the game, it had been a while since i played the first two so i don't have much to compare it to. I had my 40 or so hours of gameplay, i'm happy. Now it is time to play the new cod and assassins creed brotherhood. BOOYAH!

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Personally, i find the constant changing nice. Otherwise, it would be the SAME places. Although, saying that, I do think they should have brought back more than just Bowerstone. Maybe Bloodstone, and perhaps a place from Fable and TLC.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Knothole Glade should come back. We have the Welsh in F3 (Dwellers) and Gargoyles are the Scottish.
The old Arena would make a good place for co-op PvP. Off-topic but PvP would be a great addition to Fable, with more customizability for our Heroes ability-wise

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Knothole Glade should come back. We have the Welsh in F3 (Dwellers) and Gargoyles are the Scottish.
The old Arena would make a good place for co-op PvP. Off-topic but PvP would be a great addition to Fable, with more customizability for our Heroes ability-wise
yeah, a colosseum would be awesome. and id love some more snowy type locations that arent full of enemies or caravans.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Woah, I wasn't calling EVERYONE whining haters. It just strikes a serious nerve with me when people bash a game for silly little differences like new areas (which DO happen to have a connection to the past games whether you like it or not). I'm also not blindly following Lionhead, or "among other things" whatever that's supposed to mean. I'll admit that LH has done some pretty sloppy crap with the Fable series, such as pulling random things out of the game last minute and producing almost worthless DLC. They aren't perfect. And for the record calling me a little <expletive> was rude and I'd just love to tell you what I think of your post, but I won't, because I can hold restraint.

Also, in my second post, I said I didn't actually know if Bloodstone was destroyed, if you were paying attention at all that is. Hell, for all I know, its still thriving, LIKE I SAID IN MY SECOND POST. Maybe you're the one who should pay attention you snot-nosed little <expletive here>. And no you weren't being non-hostile and "incredibly nice", you insulted me while I was merely pointing out a few things about how the areas aren't so changed after all. I didn't mean to offend anyone here with the "whining haters" comment, like I said, it just strikes a serious nerve with me when they say they'll never buy or play a certain game again simply because of a few little changes to the landscape.

Was that directed at me? o_O

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Bloodstone is still there I think Reaver speaks about it, just not accessable ingame, because of Wraithmarsh probably.
The fact that it's acknowledged to still exist makes it even more frustrating.
@Arseface

Remember that Walter and Jasper said that everybody thought (and perhaps actually) all Cullis gates were gone/disabled/buried/whatever, spare the one at the start? That kind of does make sense as to why it's inaccessible, considering that you couldn't reach Wraithmarsh/Bloodstone beside usage of Cullis gates.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Lies though, one at Dweller Camp, Driftwood.. Probably a few others. I still don't understand why the whole Wraithmarsh area is now mountains though

Status
Not open for further replies.