• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do Lionhead keep ditching all the old regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I guess I forgot to also mention the part where I don't give a damn about other people's opinions?

Not even when they're (a) right and (b) aligned with your own?

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
Tbh would of been nice to see old content like we did in fable 2, like crossing over the bridge in wraith marsh where the oakvale hero crossed for example, but it would be even nicer in fable 3 if they did include atleast some of the old city's/towns, as someone stated not much development can take place over 50 years and keeping in mind a number of them years have been spent in povety all across albion.

Even if it was only "you need to travel to westcliff to speak to a man with information that will aid your cause" you get there you see the guy, you can buy a few houses theres a few normall stalls there nothing big but just enough to keep people happy,

Personnaly though Id like to see the nothernwastes in fable 4 see how the people have grown etc or has it been overrun etc etc

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I guess I forgot to also mention the part where I don't give a damn about other people's opinions?

So essentially what you're saying is, because Fable III was a letdown, even if Fable IV is everything a Fable game should be and more, you'll never know because 1) you won't touch it, and 2) you won't listen to the opinions of others. That doesn't seem very wizardly.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
The original Fable was slightly disappointing albeit very fun. Fable II was a little more disappointing but still very fun. Fable III was incredibly disappointing and almost not fun at all. Patterns don't abruptly stop or do a one-eighty. I think I'm quite wizardly in my decision.

Mastperf

Reaction score
Where were you guys at in this thread? ^_^ http://projectego.net/forums/threads/sfroggy1-interviews-ted-timmins-from-lionhead.24620/page-2
I was ****ed at their decisions in Fable 2 so it's no surprise that Fable 3 was even worse. There's not a single interesting place in all of Fable 3. There's no place like Oakvale of Oakfield to visit and/or protect. The way they handled Reaver and let him walk all over us yet again without a single chance to do anything about it only makes it worse. *SPOILER*We're the king, right? So is there any reason why he can try to kill us before we become king and us not get to arrest him? Why exactly are we not only forced to allow him to argue every counterpoint for evil but also hire Reaver industries to do the work and allow him to take the credit for doing so?*SPOILER*
Microsoft needs to give Lionhead a different project and hand the Fable franchise over to a new team who can take Fable back to it's roots and return the magic. Fable needs a restart and Lionheads writing staff simply lacks the talent to pull it off. A modernized Fable was a horrible idea and goes against everything that made the franchise popular.

I was once a hardcore Fable fan but as of now I have no plans to ever buy another one. I regret the $80.00 I spent on 3 and have learned a valuable lesson in the process.
Thank you Lionhead for killing my favorite franchise.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
*SPOILER*
Microsoft needs to give Lionhead a different project and hand the Fable franchise over to a new team who can take Fable back to it's roots and return the magic. Fable needs a restart and Lionheads writing staff simply lacks the talent to pull it off. A modernized Fable was a horrible idea and goes against everything that made the franchise popular.

This. I felt like there was a severe lack of choice all over the place but especially this.

And if I really was king I would have told all those petitioners "Oi, you lot, I will settle your stupid specific grievances, but I will do it after I've saved your asses in a year's time"

Jonas Green

Reaction score
Its actually very easy to explain. Silverpine (in my theory anyways) was Knothole Glade from Fable 1, due to all the Balverines and Wolves and whatnot. Bower Lake is still there, but was changed to Millfields, the Driftwood people are descendants of the Gypsies who raised you in Fable 2 which is proven because there is a caravan once you've helped them out called "Sparrow's Shack". Brightwall is just a new town I guess, and your Father (Fable 2 Hero) founded the Academy. Its been what, 100 years? Surely new things pop up. Mourningwood was just a place where the Eco-warriors (god I hate them) settled for the nature, and the fort was built to keep the Hollow Men in the cemeteries at bay.

Bowerstone is still Bowerstone, with the Industrial section added of course. If you don't remember, Bloodstone was destroyed, most likely by the King (once again, your father). Mistpeak and the Dweller Camp are two new places we never got to go too in the other Fable games (the mountains). So I think its a pretty darn good trade off if you ask me.

Also, as said before, you can still see old locations from Fable 2 such as the Spire and Brightwood Tower. Granted you can't get to them, BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE.

Who knows, maybe some future DLC will open up the old areas, we never know?

P.S. I completely disagree with all you whining haters. This is by far the best Fable yet, its more free and open, more awesome choices to make, a better way to upgrade your character (in my opinion, its also cool to see your progress on the statues in the Road to Rule), the way the weapons change is awesome. It ticks me off about some of the glitches (like not being able to have multiple children, please fix it LH!!!).

I'll keep buying the games, and its still one of my favorite franchises. I can't wait for the next step in the game timeline.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
Its actually very easy to explain. Silverpine (in my theory anyways) was Knothole Glade from Fable 1, due to all the Balverines and Wolves and whatnot. Bower Lake is still there, but was changed to Millfields, the Driftwood people are descendants of the Gypsies who raised you in Fable 2 which is proven because there is a caravan once you've helped them out called "Sparrow's Shack". Brightwall is just a new town I guess, and your Father (Fable 2 Hero) founded the Academy. Its been what, 100 years? Surely new things pop up. Mourningwood was just a place where the Eco-warriors (god I hate them) settled for the nature, and the fort was built to keep the Hollow Men in the cemeteries at bay.

Bowerstone is still Bowerstone, with the Industrial section added of course. If you don't remember, Bloodstone was destroyed, most likely by the King (once again, your father). Mistpeak and the Dweller Camp are two new places we never got to go too in the other Fable games (the mountains). So I think its a pretty darn good trade off if you ask me.

Also, as said before, you can still see old locations from Fable 2 such as the Spire and Brightwood Tower. Granted you can't get to them, BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE.

I'm fairly sure that Mourningwood is the old Bowerstone cemetary as well. And Brightwall is in Brightwood from Fable 2

mourningwaffles

Reaction score

When was Bloodstone destroyed? I don't remember that.

Fable 3 takes place 50 years after Fable 2, btw.

Jonas Green

Reaction score
When Lucien attacked, I think it was destroyed... then again you could go back to it after finishing the story. Who knows, I may be wrong, probably am actually. Maybe it'll come back in a DLC, imagine how cool it would be to see 50 years of growth in a gigantic pirate city.

But! Maybe Logan had it destroyed. He was a ruthless king after all. We'll never know. Hopefully LH will make a "Reminiscence" type of DLC which brings back old places and new gear and quests and all that fun stuff. But I'll agree that LH is pretty damn lazy when it comes to DLC.

EDIT: @Rudimentree Well if Mourningwood is also the old cemetery then that explains why its there! LH just expanded on it and gave it a new name because settlers moved into the area and a fort was built, so it could no longer just be "Bowerstone Cemetery" so they named it "Mourningwood". Named so because people would come to MOURN in the cemetery. Like I said, easy to explain.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

But then Peter would cry, and nobody wants to see that.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

P.S. I completely disagree with all you whining haters. This is by far the best Fable yet, its more free and open, more awesome choices to make, a better way to upgrade your character (in my opinion, its also cool to see your progress on the statues in the Road to Rule), the way the weapons change is awesome. It ticks me off about some of the glitches (like not being able to have multiple children, please fix it LH!!!).

I'll keep buying the games, and its still one of my favorite franchises. I can't wait for the next step in the game timeline.

I completely disagree with you, you <insert expletive here>. Also, Bloodstone was never destroyed. If you had actually bothered to pay attention during Fable II, Lucien merely sends his men after you and Reaver in the hopes to capture/kill you both but you escape by using a secret tunnel. However, you can go back to Bloodstone once all is said and done and nothing has changed with the exception of Reaver no longer living there.

More importantly, just because an area contains certain enemies does not mean that area is in any way related to past areas. I should also mention that only fifty years have passed, not a hundred. Again, paying attention is key here. I mean... most of what you said is naive and silly at best and it seems to me like you're just blindly following Lionhead... among other things.

But then Peter would cry, and nobody wants to see that.

I kind of do. In fact, I'd pre-order and spend $80 just for that!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I completely disagree with you, you <insert expletive here>. Also, Bloodstone was never destroyed. If you had actually bothered to pay attention during Fable II, Lucien merely sends his men after you and Reaver in the hopes to capture/kill you both but you escape by using a secret tunnel. However, you can go back to Bloodstone once all is said and done and nothing has changed with the exception of Reaver no longer living there.

More importantly, just because an area contains certain enemies does not mean that area is in any way related to past areas. I should also mention that only fifty years have passed, not a hundred. Again, paying attention is key here. I mean... most of what you said is naive and silly at best and it seems to me like you're just blindly following Lionhead... among other things.

I kind of do. In fact, I'd pre-order and spend $80 just for that!

No need to be hostile, guy.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
Well the one guy did call everyone whining haters first. We have a right to whine when they just straight up REMOVE the good features from a game and expect us to be like "oh well, screw it!".

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Well the one guy did call everyone whining haters first. We have a right to whine when they just straight up REMOVE the good features from a game and expect us to be like "oh well, screw it!".

I was actually incredibly nice and non-hostile in that post. I avoided using an actual expletive and opted for something slightly less serious. Though, you won't see anyone giving me a pat on the back for showing restraint.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
Avoided me using, huh?
Just FYI, I wasn't the guy who called people whiners, if that's what you're thinking. I think your post was fine, but eh what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.