• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do terrorists commit suicide?

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score
Why do terrorists commit suicide?

Ok, i understand the whole DIE FOR OUR RELIGION thing.. but why would you go into a bank with bombs all over u and blow urself up when u could just toss a grenade in there. It is very suttle, you can get away, and kill more people later.. Why waste your life when u still have ore ppl to kill? I just don't understand...

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Why do terrorists commit suicide?

Brainwashed by old men in the village who say they're doing "Allah"'s wish and they'll be rewarded in Heaven with 72 virgins or something. Allah means God in islam, but that doesn't mean he's the same God as Christians and Jews, the greeks had what they called Gods but none of them were the same as the Christian and Jewish God. Christian and Jewish God loves everyone, but hates what they do, and tells you to love one another, even your enemies. Allah, or the muslim god tells them to kill all non-muslims, and do what you must to kill them. Therefore...... the muslim extremists find it necessary to drive planes into buildings killing thousands. I am a Christian so I tried to put that in a way where my opinions and beliefs weren't shown. :x

Hope I helped.

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

I understand their religion and thoughts. My concern is, if it was all true wouldnt u get more muslim brownie points if you kill, kill, kill and then die late becasue u killed tons of people? Or maybe when u killed a ton of people, u do the whole bomb thing when ur old. Not when ur young and able to kill better. Not when ur a kid even. i dont get it.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I edited my post, look back at it.

Well, it's about DYING for "Allah" and taking what they call "scum" with them. Suicide bombing would be perfect for that.

Jack Of Blades.

Blade of the Avenger
Reaction score

I am a Christian too. I know about the whole dieing for thir gods but it didt make sense to me. any muslims on this forum? no need to offend anyone.

F

FableFreak

They blow themselves up because if they didn't then Clint Eastwood, Chuck Norris, Mr. T, Zombie Reagan, and myself would hunt them down and make their lives infinitely worse.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

And it never will make sense.. it's just... stupid.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

FableFreak;354483 said:
They blow themselves up because if they didn't then Clint Eastwood, Chuck Norris, Mr. T, Zombie Reagan, and myself would hunt them down and make their lives infinitely worse.

Don't forget Hugh Dowdy.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

Because if they die for alah ( or how ever u spell it ) they go into heaven with 1000 virgins.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^It's 72, not 1,000.

But seriously, why would you want so many damn virgins? I mean, I do know why, but then you'd have to teach 72 bitches how to have sex! How about 72 slutty bitches that know what the hell they're doing?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Its "Allah" and 72 virgins, not 1000.....

Edit: got ninja'd D:

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Couldn't have said it better.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

What about Christians who bomb abortion clinics?
What about Jews who bomb Islamic centres?
What about Hindus who burn down the houses of the believers of other religions?

Just trying to spread the hate around. It's not a possibly imaginary, isolated Islamic sect which is the problem. It's the entire concept of religion at fault.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

[youtube]nOfp0LHtpV0[/youtube]

I don't really see the big appeal of it.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;354539 said:
What about Christians who bomb abortion clinics?
What about Jews who bomb Islamic centres?
What about Hindus who burn down the houses of the believers of other religions?

Just trying to spread the hate around. It's not a possibly imaginary, isolated Islamic sect which is the problem. It's the entire concept of religion at fault.

What about the majority of Christians, Jews, Hindus and even Muslims who DON'T do any of that? Who live peacefully? You're saying that just because there are radicals it means it's all religions fault. There would be terrorism even if there wasn't religion, Don't blame religion just cause people are ****ed up in the head. You're basing this all off a movie, lmao..

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;354578 said:
What about the majority of Christians, Jews, Hindus and even Muslims who DON'T do any of that? Who live peacefully? You're saying that just because there are radicals it means it's all religions fault. There would be terrorism even if there wasn't religion, Don't blame religion just cause people are ****ed up in the head. You're basing this all off a movie, lmao..

it's the radicals that prove religion is at fault.
when it comes down to it, i'd say that these suicide bombers aren't doing it for religion. any religious reasons that these "terrorists" have for suicide bombing are interchangeable with the goal of their leader. the leader behind it all, lets say bin-ladin, has an ulterior motive outside of religion. he is merely exploiting certain areas of the islamic religion to make his troops all the more willing to die for his goa....i mean, allah. :)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;354589 said:
When one distorts religion to turn it into something that it is not, it is no longer the doing of religion but the doing of man. I would agree that the higher motives are those of the leader, but I disagree that religion is at fault as it is instead the fault of the leader who is twisting and shaping religion around what he wants to exploit those willing to die for his cause.

There are many examples of such malformation of a passage here or there to get what a person wants. One such example is the curse and mark of Cain. Many people believed that the mark was part of the curse, that it blackened his skin, and that anyone with dark skin was a descendant of Cain, and then this was used to justify white supremacy. Yet none of them bothered to read the part about how if anyone were to harm Cain, in any way, God would avenge such action sevenfold. It's a practice of picking and choosing, a practice I do not support.

i've never heard that.... i always thought the mark of caine was a blotch on the forehead that could not be concealed. o_O
maybe the christian translation of genesis is different from the jewish one.
it wouldn't surprise me.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

If they're doing it for their own reasons instead of religion, how can it be religion's fault? You can't divide the religious people who kill and the non religious people who kill. It's all the same. You have to look past their beliefs and look at why they're doing what they're doing, it's not religions fault just cause some raghead blows up a building. Does the Bible or Torah tell Christians and Jews to kill non-believers? No. Therefore not Religion's fault. If you have any evidence at all, like maybe, gee, I don't know, a verse in the Bible or Torah saying that Jews and Christians should kill non-believers then by all means tell me. But until then, I wouldn't believe some bull**** quote in an independent film, ya know? :)

No cheezMcNasty, genisis for the Jews and Christians is the same, again with the assumptions..... the only difference is Jews follow the Old Testament and don't believe in the New Testament. Basically they don't believe Jesus is the savior, they think he is just a prophet.

I think anyone who watchs "zeitgeist" needs to read the Bible, before they make assumptions about religion being at fault, or the Torah or Quran. Whichever you may choose, trusting an online movie isn't.... the wisest thing ever. :)

Zeitgeist is a movie made by atheists, and most of you are atheists, am I right? That's the only reason you believe it. You'll believe anything that's going against religion. So learn your religion, before you bomb on it.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;354593 said:
No cheezMcNasty, genisis for the Jews and Christians is the same, again with the assumptions..... the only difference is Jews follow the Old Testament and don't believe in the New Testament. Basically they don't believe Jesus is the savior, they think he is just a prophet.

i am well aware what jews believe as well as christians.
it would not make much sense for me to be jewish if i didn't know what they believed (both of your interpretations above are incorrect, by the way ;) )
i was merely pointing out, since i studied the jewish translations of the old testament, that the mark of caine had a different definition from the one that johndoe said.

as for your definition of jews:
Sean;354593 said:
the only difference is Jews follow the Old Testament and don't believe in the New Testament. Basically they don't believe Jesus is the savior, they think he is just a prophet.
not even a prophet. jews do not follow the new testament, so jesus carries no holyness what. so. ever. this also means that we don't believe in the trinity. our god is only what you would define as "the father" and not the son or the holy ghost.

which leads me this...something i was planning on leaving alone.
Sean;354479 said:
Christian and Jewish God loves everyone, but hates what they do, and tells you to love one another, even your enemies.
that implies a value system for your individual good and bad deeds. something that is solely christian. jews have no belief that you are judged in the afterlife by saint peter (we do not believe in saints, only prophets). the human race is judged as a single entity. your good deeds serve the entire vessel, and not you.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Sean;354578 said:

And you're just assuming that because I posted a link to a thread I made with regards to the movie, but in reference to the validity of the existence of al queda, that I am simply basing all of my opinion off of this movie. I'll have you know that I despised the idea of religion a long time before I'd even heard of Zeitgeist.

JohnDoe;354589 said:
When one distorts religion to turn it into something that it is not, it is no longer the doing of religion but the doing of man. I would agree that the higher motives are those of the leader, but I disagree that religion is at fault as it is instead the fault of the leader who is twisting and shaping religion around what he wants to exploit those willing to die for his cause.

But when that religion tells people to be intolerant of other religions because of its very nature, then you can't help but have these conflicts, regardless of manipulation.

Sean;354593 said:
If they're doing it for their own reasons instead of religion, how can it be religion's fault? You can't divide the religious people who kill and the non religious people who kill. It's all the same.

Why do people kill? The crazy one's do it because they're crazy (thrill killing). The religious fanatics do it because god told them. The greedy ****s do it because they have something to gain from the victims death. We can solve all of these by:

Getting rid of the monetary system, agreeing that religion is merely an exploitiary and outdated system, and by advancing medical and social knowledge far enough to be able to negate the effects of the whole Dexter mindset.

Sean;354593 said:
You have to look past their beliefs and look at why they're doing what they're doing, it's not religions fault just cause some raghead blows up a building. Does the Bible or Torah tell Christians and Jews to kill non-believers? No.

Actually, the old testament (the book which provides the basic laws for both Christians and Jews) is full of people murdering men, women (but not before they have their way with them) and children, all to satisfy a jealous and vengeful god.

Sean;354593 said:
Therefore not Religion's fault. If you have any evidence at all, like maybe, gee, I don't know, a verse in the Bible or Torah saying that Jews and Christians should kill non-believers then by all means tell me. But until then, I wouldn't believe some bull**** quote in an independent film, ya know? :)

Do you know a verse in the Koran that directly instructs muslims to kill non believers?

Anyway, allow me to properly retort. Ahem:

At some point in Exodus: Moses instructs the people to kill each other for worshipping a false idol (because it is against their beliefs).

At some point in Deuteronomy: When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you may nations...then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them and show them no mercy.

Hmmm?

Sean;354593 said:
I think anyone who watchs "zeitgeist" needs to read the Bible, before they make assumptions about religion being at fault, or the Torah or Quran. Whichever you may choose, trusting an online movie isn't.... the wisest thing ever. :)

Zeitgeist is a movie made by atheists, and most of you are atheists, am I right? That's the only reason you believe it. You'll believe anything that's going against religion. So learn your religion, before you bomb on it.

You know, I'm not some idiot who watched a movie and believed it blindly. I was skepticle, I did my research. I've actually lost a lot of confidence in the movie itself through this. But denouncing a movie that I happen to like is not a valid rebuttal to my argument.

As I said, I was never a fan of religion. I can see what it does to people, without separating different sects. I don't have this little voice inside me that says, "Oh, but they're just crazy for believing that. OUR Sky fairy is a loving god. Just don't read the Old Testament." Religion teaches intolerance through its very nature (despite what any messiah says), and it teaches that blind obedience is a virtue.