• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Way to die?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Speaking of Chinese Torture Methods, one thing they used to do is strap you couple of feet above the ground, in a confined space, and then plant bamboo shoots on the ground underneath you. Bamboo grows at a rate of 4 feet an hour, and since you're strapped face-down you have to watch as the bamboo slowly but inevitably grows through your body and pierces all of your vital organs.

I heard about that before. Who honestly had the time to come up with these? Quite disturbing.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Wow what a typo, I meant four feet a day. (This is only for certain species, as not all bamboo is the same)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impalement

Having your skin flayed. Strip by strip. While you watch. I also heard of another but I was so horrified I can't even repeat it. I could paste it though... Oh. and another would be buried alive!

Being buried alive would be one of the easiest ways to go out. No pain, just discomfort as the air runs out, and you slowly lose consciousness.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
"A man is traveling through the jungle for days. Growing tired, he passes by a house and decides to ask if they could put him up for the night. After he knocks on the door, an old Chinese man with a beard that reached the floor answers. The traveler asks if he could stay the night, and the Chinese guy agrees -- as long as he doesn't screw his granddaughter. Before the traveler can agree, the old man warns him that if he does screw his granddaughter, he will perform the three greatest Chinese tortures on him. The traveler says okay, and the man lets him in. When it was time for dinner, the man meets the granddaughter, who is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. After he figures that the old man is asleep, he goes into her room and makes love to her.

The next morning, the man awakes with a 100-lb rock on his chest with a sign reading, "First Chinese torture: wake up with 100-pound rock on chest." Being a strong man, the traveler thinks nothing of it. He picks up the rock and throws it out the window. On the back of the rock, there is another sign reading "Second Chinese torture: right ball tied to rock." Thinking quickly, the traveler jumps out the window. On the other side of the window, there is another sign reading, "Third Chinese torture: left nut tied to bed post."

^That.

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score
"A man is traveling through the jungle for days. Growing tired, he passes by a house and decides to ask if they could put him up for the night. After he knocks on the door, an old Chinese man with a beard that reached the floor answers. The traveler asks if he could stay the night, and the Chinese guy agrees -- as long as he doesn't screw his granddaughter. Before the traveler can agree, the old man warns him that if he does screw his granddaughter, he will perform the three greatest Chinese tortures on him. The traveler says okay, and the man lets him in. When it was time for dinner, the man meets the granddaughter, who is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. After he figures that the old man is asleep, he goes into her room and makes love to her.

The next morning, the man awakes with a 100-lb rock on his chest with a sign reading, "First Chinese torture: wake up with 100-pound rock on chest." Being a strong man, the traveler thinks nothing of it. He picks up the rock and throws it out the window. On the back of the rock, there is another sign reading "Second Chinese torture: right ball tied to rock." Thinking quickly, the traveler jumps out the window. On the other side of the window, there is another sign reading, "Third Chinese torture: left nut tied to bed post."

^That.
I'm not sure if that'd kill you... but castration would make me kill myself

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ripping a male's genitals from his body forcefully like that would probably kill you. If not from the sheer shock, the blood loss would get ya.

Grymm

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Ripping a male's genitals from his body forcefully like that would probably kill you. If not from the sheer shock, the blood loss would get ya.
true... it's not exactly something I'd like to put a lot of thought into... especially because when I pictured it, the poor bastard was disembowled

Avarael

Reaction score
Being buried alive would be one of the easiest ways to go out. No pain, just discomfort as the air runs out, and you slowly lose consciousness.

Yes but the waiting and clawing to get out. Bloodied fingers and broken nails. Terror, panic and desperation gripping your being. Well maybe not YOUR being. haha I know some people who'd really suffer. There you would be and no one would know. They may never know. Perhaps it'd be best they didn't find out afterward. Imagine the horror of finding that out about someone you cared about... Knowing me though I would probably respond to my panic by taking a nap so I wouldn't have to wait. It's my favourite way to react to stress. You know, if I could sleep. Slow death is one thing but it's an entirely different thing if you can't do anything and you're in such a confined space.

I get tend to be really sensitive to the discomfort of less oxygen too. Always opening windows. Drives me crazy. In that situation you'd be acutely aware of it. Not to mention how shallowly one would attempt to breath in an attempt to conserve air however futile that may be. Lots of time to think and I feel that it's a situation one would really feel the true pain of hope. Second by second. All the same, despite not believing they would, you'd be wishing for someone anyway and constantly think stuff like "If I can last long enough, maybe they'll find me.". Hands on the top of your container/coffin. Pushing, pulling, clawing. Just incase. Worst of all there'd be time to give up.

It frightens me that this has happened to people. Not uncommonly either. Perhaps not the worst way to die (bar in the case of some people)but I disagree strongly with it being one of the easiest. There are lots of ways to die and I reckon there'd be many, many which could be giving an 'easier' spot. Mostly the quick deaths.

But I'd only experience it if a psychopath buried me or I was in some place that didn't give me the option of cremation or something.

Yay me.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
This is something I've given considerable thought. The worst way for me to die would be to drown. I've had a nightmare about this once, I was lowered into a glass box of water that was then sealed. I could see that there were people watching me as I struggled to free myself. It's a slow death. Not exceedingly painful but certainly frightening, knowing that you are going to die, being able to think about it as it happened, choosing between holding your breath and blacking out or taking in water in a futile attempt to live.

So I decided I would never be a magician.

That's true, never really considered drowning. To be honest, whatever I did I'd want it to cause maximum inconvienience for the person trying to kill me.

Yes but the waiting and clawing to get out. Bloodied fingers and broken nails. Terror, panic and desperation gripping your being. Well maybe not YOUR being. haha I know some people who'd really suffer. There you would be and no one would know. They may never know. Perhaps it'd be best they didn't find out afterward. Imagine the horror of finding that out about someone you cared about... Knowing me though I would probably respond to my panic by taking a nap so I wouldn't have to wait. It's my favourite way to react to stress. You know, if I could sleep. Slow death is one thing but it's an entirely different thing if you can't do anything and you're in such a confined space.

I get tend to be really sensitive to the discomfort of less oxygen too. Always opening windows. Drives me crazy. In that situation you'd be acutely aware of it. Not to mention how shallowly one would attempt to breath in an attempt to conserve air however futile that may be. Lots of time to think and I feel that it's a situation one would really feel the true pain of hope. Second by second. All the same, despite not believing they would, you'd be wishing for someone anyway and constantly think stuff like "If I can last long enough, maybe they'll find me.". Hands on the top of your container/coffin. Pushing, pulling, clawing. Just incase. Worst of all there'd be time to give up.

It frightens me that this has happened to people. Not uncommonly either. Perhaps not the worst way to die (bar in the case of some people)but I disagree strongly with it being one of the easiest. There are lots of ways to die and I reckon there'd be many, many which could be giving an 'easier' spot. Mostly the quick deaths.

But I'd only experience it if a psychopath buried me or I was in some place that didn't give me the option of cremation or something.

Yay me.

As oxygen runs out don't you just feel more and more sleepy till you actually go to sleep and die?

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Getting eaten up by a gang of Hobbes.

...No, I kid. I think drowning would suck.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I have a friend who is terrified of any death that has to do with asphyxiation and drowning especially, me on the other hands would find it a comfortable way to die, I would rather be buried alive, drowned, etc than being shot and bleeding out, shock, etc.

With that said, if I drowned in open water I would be terrified, but not at a pool or in a container, it is the sea critters that scare me.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Asphyxiwank - embarrassing to relatives.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
I have a friend who is terrified of any death that has to do with asphyxiation and drowning especially, me on the other hands would find it a comfortable way to die, I would rather be buried alive, drowned, etc than being shot and bleeding out, shock, etc.

With that said, if I drowned in open water I would be terrified, but not at a pool or in a container, it is the sea critters that scare me.

Bleeding out after being shot would feel the same as suffocating due to lack of oxygen.

Drowning on the other hand would be extremely painful, and it was the first thing I was going to mention in this thread but others beat me to it.

Reaction score
Drowning and burning to death are tied for me.

Burning would just be so ****ing excruciating, but not being able to breathe is just... No. I couldn't imagine it. Drowning to death has been one of my worst fears since I was very small.

Agreed, That fear has been very real for Me since I was about 4 thanks to the carelessness of My Mother's friend, I was left in a swimming pool with one armband. I couldn't swim back then so I went bobbing up and down under the water for about a minute before She finally noticed, My Mother was furious from what I remember.

I suppose being stealth shot in the back of the head wouldn't be too bad, sure it would make a mess but it would be quick and sudden as long as it's in the head.

One for the guys here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3-YslbFi4

Best way to die or worst way to die? Your call.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
So it seems so far drowning or suffocating would be the worst. I also would hate to die from a shark attack. Picture yourself, in the open sea, a vast watery expanse of blue all around you, lungs screaming for air and a friggin' huge shark trying to kill you. That'd not only be painful but it'd also scare the **** out of me.

Reaction score
Getting crushed in a combine harvester would be be pretty horrible, some kind of work related accident prehaps.