• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You know what really grinds my gears?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You know what really grinds my gears?

Douchebags who wear their headphones either around their neck, or behind their ears with the earpieces on either side of their forehead! The reason why headphones were invented was so that everyone else could be spared of your douchebaggy taste in music!

God.

There's this douche at work whom you can hear from across the room(the room house 100+ people, just to get the scale of it). PUT THE F*CKING THINGS OVER YOUR EARS AND LOWER THE VOLUME!

...I feel sligthly better now.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?

Another new trend is to listen to some crappy music from your phone while strolling down the street. God I hate those kids...
I agree, I don`t want to hear your crappy taste of music!

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

In Australia the trend is to poke them through the neck of you shirt and have them dangling down. Sometimes people aint even got them connected to anything, it's become more of a fashion

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I think I might go buy one of them 80's boomboxed and permanently strap it to my back or something just to out-do him...

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Yeh well i'm buying a brick phone and i'm going to wave it around all those 10 year olds on the trams with iPhones. I mean when do 10 year olds need phones.. It's sad how like 90% of Melbourne probably have an iPhone, even as a work phone. I mean, when was the iPhone targeted for business, how about a Blackberry, or some phone that doesn't have millions of junk called apps.

I can't wait till this gets replaced by iPads people walking around with big blocks.

I heard some kids a few days back, all talking about their iPhone models and how they want to replace them with newer ones.. Your phone works completely fine, and it does already more than the basics..

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I have been in stores and people walking around with rap blaring from an iPhone... If your preference in music is Rap, then how can you afford an iPhone (I kid... Maybe) I hate it, another thing that peeves me off is like last night, this kid was staring at me through like half the church service, manners please? And his dad even saw him do that and didn't stop him, I guess the kid was attracted to my awesome hair and my feminine figure. And the fact I have been told I resemble a Tsar, Marilyn Manson, Ville Valo and Dani Filth.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Reminds me of this asshat at my night school. His headphones are in his ears but the volume is so damn high I can hear it perfectly across the room. And do you think the teacher will make him turn it down, or better yet turn it the **** off? Hell no. I swear, I must have amazingly sharp hearing because its as if I'm the only one that can hear it. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have such ****ty taste in music (rap, naturally).

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I hate people who have terrible taste in music, and don't shut up about it. I know this 14 year old kid who swears that Blink 182 are the best band evar, and that's all he will talk about musically.

JohnDoe;383188 said:
I knew a guy who had the type that you stick into your ear canal. He would instead wrap them around his ear helices, saying that he didn't want to get ear wax on what looked to me like comfort grip rubber. This made me think two things: he must never shower and so has accumulated large amounts of ear wax; he's a douchebag.

Bothered the hell out of me.

I used to have them, but the things kept coming off in my ears. It was pretty annoying.

hobbes_pwn;383192 said:
In Australia the trend is to poke them through the neck of you shirt and have them dangling down. Sometimes people aint even got them connected to anything, it's become more of a fashion

I used to do that, but then I stopped. They were at least connected to something but.

SORAYISS

Reaction score

i agree, all u douchbags out there, turn ur **** down

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I do wonder the kind of music you people listen to.

Arseface;383361 said:
I used to have them, but the things kept coming off in my ears. It was pretty annoying.
JohnDoe;383188 said:
I knew a guy who had the type that you stick into your ear canal.

Ear buds?

Tsuyu;383186 said:
Douchebags who wear their headphones either around their neck, or behind their ears with the earpieces on either side of their forehead!

I don't see it as a problem if the person does it for a moment, like to multitask for a quick bit and then put the phones back on and resume listening to the music. I do it, but only for about a minute or two (I usually pause the track) and even then it's in the comfort of my home. Any longer than that and you're better off pausing the track and removing the phones.

Having them around the neck with the music on for a long period is unnecessary in a work/public environment where other people around you would like some peace & quiet.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

In regard to what Hobbes said, I think iPhones serve several professions better than a blackberry ever could. As an architect, there are apps that can calculate the deflection of a structural beam on the fly while at a job site. I only mention this example because it's the only real life one I have encountered where an iPhone was necessary.

Also /agree with Tsuyu, I'm a high school student and I see that way more than you can imagine. In a room where three-plus people refuse to use headphones properly the resulting twangy high-pitched noises make me want to throw their iPods into the nearest water fountain.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;383449 said:
I don't see it as a problem if the person does it for a moment, like to multitask for a quick bit and then put the phones back on and resume listening to the music.

I'm speaking of the worst kind of douchebags - the one who have replaced the normal way with the "wear around neck"-way.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

They should just call them neck phones and then you wouldn't have a problem.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

If someone invented these "neck phones", wouldn't that just magnify the problem I'm having?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Is your problem not the fact that they are being used incorrectly, and in an annoying fashion?

I guess it still wouldn't help the annoying part of the equation.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Arseface;383503 said:
Is your problem not the fact that they are being used incorrectly, and in an annoying fashion?

I guess it still wouldn't help the annoying part of the equation.

Exactly. It would just give more people the idea since it would become "official" to use head phones like that, which would magnify the annoying-y-ness.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I live in a town where no one listens to anything but rave and rap (but im lucky to be hanging about with mates that don't listen to that type of music) and anything outside that area of taste in music is said to be weird or retarded so im sitting in a bus with wannabe gangstas and Chavs on my way to my nearest shopping centre with my music blasting from my earphones so I don't have to hear there very agravating northern accent and ****ty music, thats what annoys me the most

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I think there should be people who hide in the shadows waiting for such jerks and then rip their headphones out and stomp on their iPods until they break. Bunch of inconsiderate bastards.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;383524 said:
people who wear the back of their shirt over the front of their chest (or vice versa)

What? :wassat: