• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your thought's on Call of Duty: World at War

What do you think of Cod 5?

• LOVED IT!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HATED IT!!!!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • UNDECIDED!!!

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Willstopher

Reaction score
Your thought's on Call of Duty: World at War

Ok, so, i bought Cod5 and I have been playing it for a little while and I don't like it very much. The thing is, i can't really pinpoint the reason why i don't like it. It just seems bad to me. I was merely wondering if anyone else on here shared my feelings towards Cod5 or if anyone could offer an explanation to why i don't like it. So anyways, just post your thoughts about Cod5 here, and possibly discuss Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2!

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Re: Your thought's on Call of Duty: World at War

It was alright to start with because it's a call of duty game. After a while it just became apparent that Treyarch copied CoD4's game engine and massacred everything good about it in the process. A very poor game in my books.

Cain

Reaction score

I liked Nazi Zombies but thats it. WW2 weps aren't as good as a modern sniper.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Willstopher;332989 said:
Ok, so, i bought Cod5 and I have been playing it for a little while and I don't like it very much. The thing is, i can't really pinpoint the reason why i don't like it. It just seems bad to me. I was merely wondering if anyone else on here shared my feelings towards Cod5 or if anyone could offer an explanation to why i don't like it. So anyways, just post your thoughts about Cod5 here, and possibly discuss Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2!

Shirosaki;332991 said:
It was alright to start with because it's a call of duty game. After a while it just became apparent that Treyarch copied CoD4's game engine and massacred everything good about it in the process. A very poor game in my books.

Pretty much felt the same, at first i couldnt pinpoint why i didnt like it. Something just didnt feel right and i didnt know what. First of all i didnt like how they tried to 'play it safe' and opted to return to WWII setting of old games. I didnt like the weapons, grenades were pretty much useless in some multiplayer matches as more or less had to be lying on them to kill you. I wasnt impressed with the levels as they were quite bland and boring (multiplayer). The single player wasnt bad but it had that 'been here before 1000 times' sort of feel to it. Inclusion of vehicles in multiplayer made it massively unbalanced too and the dogs were a royal pain in the ass. I could list lots of things but most are minor things that add up to make the game frustrating and bland.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

I hated it from the start. It was actually my first cod game i ever bought... lol not a good first impression

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Havik;333023 said:
I hated it from the start. It was actually my first cod game i ever bought... lol not a good first impression

Everyone who knows about the Call Of Duty franchise should have known to not judge the series on a game that doesnt have Infinity Wards name on it. The only true Call Of Duty games are the ones created by the original developers Infinity Ward. Not the stop gap ones that Activison force to be released in between Infinity Wards titles. Not Treyarchs fault because they cant compete with the likes of Infinity Ward. Treyarchs COD titles will always be overshadowed by Infinity Wards record breaking ones. Activison are greedy and wanted Infinity Ward to release a new one every year, to which they gave a resounding no to. So Activison drafted in Treyarch to fill the gap inbetween the development time of Infinity Wards games with new titles in the series.

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

it was rubbish, only thing good about it was zombies but tht got old quickly, there matchmaking system is **** as if u dont buy map packs you will never get into a game, also one gun can top all others without even trying the mp40 its so overpowered and treyarch will not fix it, so i went back to cod 4 cause its just awesome. some good things like grenade indicators from your friends dont appear and such

X

Xeon

WaW came at an odd time, people were still enjoying CoD4

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Xeon;333064 said:
WaW came at an odd time, people were still enjoying CoD4

People still are now and most went back to it, only thing that will get me off CoD 4 online is Modern Warfare 2.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I really didn't like it.. Pretty appauled actually..

COD4 was ALOT better. Lets hope the New one is awesome!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;333097 said:
I really didn't like it.. Pretty appauled actually..

COD4 was ALOT better. Lets hope the New one is awesome!

From the things ive seen of it so far and everything ive read i think my girlfriend is going to be single for a couple of months after its release. :lol:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Hahaha! But I thought you were already married to the Alcohol? Have you decided to Move on to bigger and better things?

HAH! What a joke! Andy passing off Alcohol! As if!
:lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;333110 said:
^ Hahaha! But I thought you were already married to the Alcohol? Have you decided to Move on to bigger and better things?

HAH! What a joke! Andy passing off Alcohol! As if!
:lol:

Room in my life for Alcohol, gaming, and my girlfriend... just unsure if Modern Warfare 2 fits in also as its more of an addiction when i get started...

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ So I guess you're going to buy it? :D

I haven't really watched any Videos of it.. Got any you know of that would tickle my fancy?

X

Xeon

It's like CoD4 but with a more cinematic action movie feel to it :p

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;333093 said:
People still are now and most went back to it, only thing that will get me off CoD 4 online is Modern Warfare 2.
If MW2 is crap, I'm gonna go back to CoD4 again. I think depending on how MW2 compares with CoD4, I'll decide whether or not CoD4 is a classic up there with James Bond Goldeneye for the N64 and suchlike.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I loved the single player, but online kind of sucks compaired to CoD4. First of all, I have a really hard time finding a match, it always finds a match on a map I don't have. In CoD4, if you don't have the map, the game doesnt find that match for you. Simple.

So besides taking forever to find a match, I prefer the moder warfare. Besides, the people who plaw WaW dont seem to have as much sportsmanship as people that play CoD4. I'm not saying thats the way it is, but it sure seemed like that to me. But at least their not nearly as bad as the people on halo 3 live.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

It was WAAAAY too easy.

If I got 3-5 kill streaks easy in CoD4, in WaW, well, I got a LOT more. When I was a low level without good weapons too! It was really easy, in my opinion.

The only reason I sort of liked it, was because most of the Assault Rifles were like G3's. :wub:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I'm absolutely happy that World at War came out. Why? It lured away most of the little kids who play CoD 4. I'm guessing because it is newer, and they have some problem with only playing the newest games :lol:

But I'd like to add to this conversation, but it seems everything has been discussed. I just wish the could implement something that could detect a real modded controller over people who can shoot fast. Sure it isn't a big deal to most, but when you get around 4 messages a game saying I'm a modding cheater, it starts to get annoying. And just for giggles they should make juggernaut give you 10% of your original health. Now would that be funny or what? :lol:

And I hope they take out martyrdom. I don't know which is worse, martyrdom, or hearing me complain about it. Because I complain about it a lot. :lol:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Martyrdom is where they drop the grenade when they die, Right? Haha that does suck!

Im not a Big C.O.D Fan, But if i see or hear that the Newest COD is good then I'll deffinetly buy it! :D