• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Thoughts on Cross Platform Gaming?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Your Thoughts on Cross Platform Gaming?

So, I know cross platform gaming is done, but on very, very few games, and I was wondering, why not? A lot of PC games are now Games for Windows Live, so you sign in with your gamertag anyways. I just don't see why they do it. Like Fable 3, they've already said now cross platforming, why ze hell not? My friend Jason has been nagging me and telling me to get it for the Xbox, but I really want it for the PC. In fact, I want most of my games for the PC. :lol: But I would also love to play with my buds playing on the Xbox.

So, your thoughts?

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Your Thoughts on Cross Platform Gaming?

It sounds good in theory.

BUT... If that was the case, everyone would have an Xbox and Playstation would be left alone.

It's all about money.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Me and my friends have been having this discussion for days now. All of us are totally for it.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

I would like it, but some could say that one version would have an advantage over the other.. Most of the time the PC gamer would have the advantage, since they use a mouse. Also lag might be another obstacle, different lag for different platforms (more lag on pc).. Lastly and most important, the money. Who would be profiting from it?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

The mouse is easier, faster and more precise than the controller, also easier hacking.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

Too Bad There's Hackers And High Sensitivity Mouse And Such. I Really Would Like To Cross Platform Fable 3 -_-''

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I do believe there is one cross platform game. It's called Shadowrun. It's the latest installment of the Shadowrun franchise and is cross platform between Xbox 360 and PC.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I agree on the mouse precision, I much prefer it over a controller. But for hacking, it doesn't matter too much anymore. Jtags are causing a lot of problems. I've been in a few hackers games. Just the other day, for example, anything dropped from the sky hit the ground instantly. Edrops, Care Packages, and Predator missiles when you boosted them. Its ridiculous.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

HeroOfCrapsalot;395934 said:
I do believe there is one cross platform game. It's called Shadowrun. It's the latest installment of the Shadowrun franchise and is cross platform between Xbox 360 and PC.

And that game is a good example as to why PC and 360 don't compare fairly. The PC players will always be much more accurate due to mouse vs controller precision.

runeblade265

Ultramarine Force Command
Reaction score

I could only see it working in coop.

In mutiplayer the PC players will always have the better advantage.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

FFXI is crossplatform, and FFXIV will be as well. <3

But it's an MMO, soI don't know if it counts. :3