• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Annoying Homosexuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoC-eX

Re: Annoying Homosexuals

I know you all said let's get back on Fable 2, but I can't help but interject my thoughts. I had to write a paper on this very issue last year in an English Comp class, and it seemed to turn alot of heads. It's fairly lengthy, and if you choose not to read it, that okay, but don't criticize me unless you have taken a look at it.

Born Gay?

* *Many experts will say that being born gay is the only way to find truth and reason in the uprising of homosexuality in today’s society. Studies have found this statement to not be one hundred percent accurate. In reality, no decision has yet to be conclusive as to the ultimate deciding factor in a person’s sexuality. After looking at the evidence, however, how can one not believe that a person chooses how they want to live their life? In the following paragraphs I have included hard evidence that I have come across in my research on this topic. Read the information, analyze it, and draw your own conclusions as to which side you will place you loyalty with.
* *For strangers of the “Born Gay” argument I will fist explain their view. In today’s society you have no doubt witnessed homosexuals and seen on television how they are trying to fuse themselves into the mainstream commonality that is the norm of heterosexuals. These homosexual individuals know they are in a controversial minority and are struggling to bring light to their façade. One way in doing so is by introducing their “Born Gay” theory. This theory states that the behaviors and same-sex attractions exhibited by homosexuals are purely genetic, just as hair color and eye color. They argue that they simply cannot think differently that they are doomed by their genetic make-up to operate in this way.
* *The purpose of this argument is to use it as an excuse so these individuals do not appear to be “perverted” or “weird”. This argument reinforces the idea that homosexuals are as normal as you and me, they were just born with a genetic defect. By supporting this idea, gays hope to use it as a foothold to the acceptance of homosexual behavior; otherwise, their actions would be widely rejected. Sadly, people that buy into this ridiculous ideas are giving the gays exactly what they want, sympathizers to their cause. Thus, they are slowly earning their way into the limelight causing our young people to believe that gay is okay.
* *However, if you look into the issue and research the arguments as I have, you will seldom, if ever, find facts to back up these radical claims. Homosexuals arguing these ideas generally hide behind generalities such as, “Many experts say…” and, “Current research shows…” without ever being able to say which experts or which research they are talking about. They use these generalities in hopes that people won’t question them farther, and most of the time, people do not, once again fueling their fire and allowing them to pollute our minds with this garbage.
* *Just for a minute, lets investigate why it is so easy for uninformed people to believe and side with this radical “Born Gay” theory. When a child is conceived, they receive forty-six chromosomes (twenty-three from the contributing male and twenty-three from the contributing female). Within these chromosomes lie dominant and recessive gene “codes”, if you will, that combines to write the genetic make-up of that individual. These dominant and recessive gene codes are directly inherited from the adult contributors. An example of this would be a dominant brown eye gene code would automatically negotiate brown eyes, regardless of what the recessive eye color gene code was.
* * First, we must understand the difference between two key words, inherited and heritable. Inherited refers to genes and traits that are passed down directly from parent to offspring with no choice. Like the description above of the gene codes, inherited traits are determined by the dominant and recessive genes of parent sand cannot be altered with today’s technology, making them unchangeable. Heritable means events that could potentially take place due to the influence from inherited traits. Shaq’s son inheriting his athletic ability does not mean that his son will become a basketball player, that choice is left up to the influence of his environment.
* *Now let me provide an example not related to homosexuality that would represent the same misconception, it is known as the “Born Basketball Player” theory. This theory states that even though an individual can be born with a genetic make-up that could allow them to be pre-disposed to a certain activity or lifestyle, it does not necessarily mean that the individual will choose to follow this path. For example, a child receives dominant genes from its parents that include immense strength, flexibility, agility, speed, and height. All of these inherited traits are present in most basketball players. However, say this same child is raised in an environment that does not place strong emphasis on activity or sports, will this child grow up to become a basketball player then? Most likely not because his influences as a child did not point him in that direction, so even though he has the ability, he is not pre-determined to become a basketball player later in his life. On the other hand, if the same child was brought up in a house where his dad was a good basketball player and his dad pushed him to follow in his footsteps, then his inherited traits would make it all to easy for him to follow that path.
* *The exact same situation can be altered to refute the “Born Gay” argument. A child that receives dominant genes such as tendency to anxiety, shyness, sensitivity, intelligence, and aesthetic ability (all of which are traits found in most homosexual individuals, but do not have to be present) has an easier chance of becoming gay, but is not pre-determined to be that way. If this same child is raised with homophobic influence, does it make sense that it would grow up and adopt a lifestyle that it has learned to hate? I think not. Furthermore, if this child were male and raised in a family of four sisters where there was no present father, it would only be that much easier for the child to accept and adopt homosexual behavior simply because he had not been negatively exposed to the subject as a child.

* *Despite the strong evidence destroying their theory, gay activists still continue to preach this theory to the world hoping to gain acceptance. Why, then, do they continue to do this even when the evidence against them is so strong? The answer is because they have little, if anywhere, left to turn. By getting people to believe that being gay is a genetic defect, a stigma on the gay individual, they gain sympathetic support and rally pro-gay views. Homosexuals, like heterosexuals, aren’t accepting of ridicule or scorn. They want to be considered normal just like everyone else, and not be labeled for their perverse lifestyle.
* *A very noteworthy doctor on this matter, Dr. Charles W. Socarides of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, has this to say:
Homosexuality, the choice of a partner of the same sex for orgastic satisfaction, is not innate. There is no connection between sexual instinct and the choice of sexual object. Such an object choice is learned, acquired behaviour; there is no inevitable genetically inborn propensity toward the choice of a partner of either the same or opposite sex. (Medinger 1)
* *I feel the need to point out once again, that supporters of the “Born Gay” theory have failed to point out researches and sources that support their claims. This fact only weakens their arguments that much more.
* *Another strong attack against the “Born Gay” theory cleverly uses genetics to disprove the idea that genetics can cause homosexuality. If homosexuality was truly determined by genetic traits, wouldn’t it make sense then that the gay gene would have died out by now (Pruden 1). Let’s think about this. It is a fact that two homosexual males (and two homosexual females) cannot naturally fornicate in a manner that can produce offspring. This being the case, how do homosexual couples have a way to pass on their dominant homosexual gene? They don’t. The dominant gay gene (if there was one) would die with its host and could not be passed on to a child, therefore ending that gay strand of DNA with the dead host. If the gene is not passed on it dies, simple as that. Some people would argue that artificial insemination has the potential to pass on a sperm cell containing a gay gene from a gay adult to an unfertilized egg therefore giving the child a dominant gay gene. This idea doesn’t work because gay people have been around for centuries, even when artificial insemination wasn’t possible, but somehow the gay gene survived? Or did the people just choose that lifestyle on their own all along? Which conclusion seems more probable to you?
On the other hand, if there really were a gay gene, why would gay individuals want to spread that kind of vital information to the general public? Once science progresses to the level that it can identify homosexuality early enough, would it not make sense to eliminate it just as it would with other genetic defects that it can control, like is being done today with Downs Syndrome and DiGeorge Syndrome? This just proves that gay activists aren’t even informed on the idea that they are supporting. I do not think the point they are trying to make is that homosexuality is a disease, a birth defect just like other genetic abnormalities, but yet that is exactly what they are saying. It just doesn’t add up for me. There are just too many questions surrounding their arguments and whenever you answer one, more arise, ultimately getting you nowhere close to understanding their side of the argument.
Finally, a major contender against homosexual behavior and theories, but also maybe one of the most widely ignored, religion. In no religion I have come across in my years on this earth have I ever found one that openly acknowledges homosexuality as a virtuous, un-sinful way of life. That’s not to say that some churches do not accept gay members, because they do. These churches have sadly fallen under the influence of the “Born Gay” theory and simply aim to support the homosexual individuals in their times of need and comfort. Myself, being a Christian, know the views of God on the subject of homosexuality. So if you share the same religious preference as me, listen up.
* *In the Old Testament, one of the biggest signs of God’s hatred toward homosexuality occurred with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Dobson 116). These two sister cities had fallen deeply into homosexual practice (Note: Without having artificial insemination to pass on gay genes, imagine that). Most probably know the story, but for those that don’t, let me tell you. God destroyed both cities. He called down fire from heaven to burn the cities to the ground and eradicate their perverse population of homosexuals. None of them survived except a God fearing family that God had warned and told to leave before the event took place since they did not participate in homosexual behavior. If that isn’t an eye opener I don’t know what is.
* *Why am I bringing this up you might ask? Well if God was so against homosexuality that he would go so far as to destroy two entire cities, why then would he create or allow a gay gene to survive and circulate through the population of the current world? Why would he make it possible for those practices to go on if he hated them so much? I think the answer to these questions is evident, he wouldn’t. Once again, proving that gay behavior must be learned. However, I understand that Christianity really bears no scientific evidence to the matters being discussed in this paper, but for those that look to religion for answers, I felt it necessary to provide evidence from the Bible to support my ideas.
In closing, I would like to leave you with a little dose of common sense. All human beings are born with gender specific sexual organs. DNA specifically tells your body what type a sexual organ to produce. (Sorba 1). The sexual feelings and needs of an individual are programmed into those organs and compliment the sexual organs of the opposite sex. Just as a key fits into a lock, so the male sex organs are designed to interact with the females. One sex developing attractions for a member of the same sex, therefore, does so by means contrary to their natural provision. A person with perfectly functioning eyes will see, just as a person with perfectly functioning ears will hear. Those two organs aren’t any different from reproductive organs in that they are designed and programmed for one specific natural purpose.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I think you have a point there. If, of course, I got what you were saying, I`m rather tired.
I do believe that the environment has a big role, but thats not the case all the time.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

well, im an atheist so im not gonna comment on the whole god thing. but as far as im conserned, homosexuals are ok and should have all the rights everyone else does. personaly i dont really like the idea of homosexuality, however i strongly belive that people have the right to be gay, and the right to same sex marrage.

and as fare as humans and animals are conserned, humans are animals. infact humans are not really as civilized as we claim to be.

"what we are, are simi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons." -George Carlin (RIP)

on a somwhat simmilar subject, when it comes to abortion, i am pro-choice. and i know thats gonna **** a lot of people off, but hear me out. i do not approve of abortion, and i would not decide to do that to my own kid. however, i do not have the right to stop anyone else from getting one. women should have the right to chose, hence the term pro-CHOICE.

i can see that this is going to blow up into a huge argument, if it hasnt already. so im just gonna stay out of it. but as far as fable is conserned, i thought that there where a bit two many homos, seriously. however, i dont have anything against homos, and i would not mind seeing them in fable 2.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Fable was hardly coded to be that "gay", if you'll excuse the pun. More likely they didn't have time/cared to make different templates of villagers, and only used one.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

ya. oh well, i just ignor the gays in fable, or belch in their face, or lead them on, depending on my mood. i dont mind that there are people are gay in fable, although if they want to make fable 2 a little more realistic (but they shouldnt, reality is boring!) they should probly not put so many gays in the game.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

They'll probably have different types of villagers this time, don't worry about it. Hopefully with hilarious effects if you hit on a straight villager.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

yeah, i cant wait. well, actually i can wait, i have to. if i cant wait, then i will die. either that, or fable 2 will be released prematurely and wont be as good.

J

Jester.

TRA Rotid;192075 said:
I wonder if triple posting is a heavier sin than Tsuyu`s life adventures combined.

nothing not even my triple post can rival Tsuyu's life adventures...the places he's been:wacko:

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;192095 said:
They'll probably have different types of villagers this time, don't worry about it. Hopefully with hilarious effects if you hit on a straight villager.
This time, from what I've seen the villagers, are all individuals, with their own story lines. One of the families, has mentally slow people in it. When you stand next to a npc, you're interested in talking or flirting with them, a pop up screen, will show how to impress each one. It's hard to explain, until you've read it.:)

S

SilentFilmStar

Well being the evil "hero" that I was I just killed every man that had a heart above their head... It seems to put a stop to guys being in love with me. :D

Speaking of the bible... I got kicked out of a library for moving all the bibles to the fiction section. :shifty:

C

Crown_Royal7

ugh...im a catholic but im no preacher lol who cares wat other people think, America fa show son.....just leave ur opinions at home, this is fable lol

sounds cool though how theylll all have their own story and theyll b..."retarted" ones on their lol....itll b fun being evil..

S

SilentFilmStar

Crown_Royal7;192191 said:
ugh...im a catholic but im no preacher lol who cares wat other people think, America fa show son.....just leave ur opinions at home, this is fable lol

sounds cool though how theylll all have their own story and theyll b..."retarted" ones on their lol....itll b fun being evil..

"sounds cool"
Thats an opinion. It's your opinion that it sounds cool, some people might think it sounds stupid... but those are opinions and are welcomed in forums.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

SilentFilmStar;192175 said:
Well being the evil "hero" that I was I just killed every man that had a heart above their head... It seems to put a stop to guys being in love with me. :D

Speaking of the bible... I got kicked out of a library for moving all the bibles to the fiction section. :shifty:

:wub::lol: your my new hero (not in THAT way). sept, now i have to do that. oh well, i havent needed to go to the library for years now anyway. what do i care if i get kicked out. in fact, i would be proud of the fact that i got kicked out. i havnt been kicked out in years..... omg the last time i was kicked out of a place was when a group of friends and i where playing hacky sack in the parking lot of a small movie theatre. the manager finally came out because she was so paranoid that she though we where gonna damage her car.:lol: so we told her to go **** a donkey, and moved farther away form her ****y looking car. then she sends one of her employees to tell us that if we dont leave she will call the cops. i dont even think we were on her property anymore, but we left anyway, ran into a group of chicks, exchanged phone numbers and went on with our lives. ah........ good times...... :getlost: hmmm, my keyboard is slightly squeky.....

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I hated when people talk about gay people. They don't hurt me, I wish everyone will stop making such a big deal out of gay stuff. I don't support gays, and I don't think gays are bad or annoying.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

that rocks!
I got suspended from school (many years ago now) for telling the religous Education teacher that I was a Jedi!

The reason that you could flirt with and be attractive to everyone is a simple design idea, instead of having to program every single villager with individual traits, you program them all the same, so when your good everyone fancies you, when your bad everyone runs away screaming!

(and to end the discussion live and let live!)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

amen to that! i have nothing against homosexuals (although if one hit on me id probly puch his lights out), they have rights just like everyone else. i do find the idea of it to be a bit disturbing, but hey, whatever floats yer boat dude.

S

SilentFilmStar

TJ Griffin;192220 said:
amen to that! i have nothing against homosexuals (although if one hit on me id probly puch his lights out), they have rights just like everyone else. i do find the idea of it to be a bit disturbing, but hey, whatever floats yer boat dude.

I find some gay people annoying and I hate them. On the other hand I know some gay people that are hilarious and cool.
When I started working at this restaurant everyone there hit on me, girls and guys. The guys hitting on me weirded me out and I wanted to punch them when they touched me (nothing sexual) or made innuendos when I said certain things. I couldn't hit anyone because I didn't want to get fired (and live with my parents again). So, I just act like a dick to the gays I don't like and I laugh and joke with the ones that don't bug me.

Lionheart

Reaction score

I'm catholic sorta (havn't ever been to church on sunday)but i dont mind if a persons Homosexual or heterosexual just like the colour of there skin everyone is equal i judge on personality and respect ;)

S

SilentFilmStar

Lionheart;192263 said:
I'm catholic sorta (havn't ever been to church on sunday)but i dont mind if a persons Homosexual or heterosexual just like the colour of there skin everyone is equal i judge on personality and respect ;)

Same here with the personality and respect.

I went to a Catholic school from K-5th grade.
Now I don't go to church and I'm Agnostic. I like people individually not labels or groups. I don't say I hate gays, I just hate the ones that are annoying to me.

Lionheart

Reaction score

SilentFilmStar;192265 said:
Same here with the personality and respect.

I went to a Catholic school from K-5th grade.
Now I don't go to church and I'm Agnostic. I like people individually not labels or groups. I don't say I hate gays, I just hate the ones that are annoying to me.

of course but its not because of the fact they are gay it is because of the fact they are annoying good to see some one else with my views :)

Status
Not open for further replies.