• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Firis;342471 said:
To all staff, I have three controversial questions, cause I am a jerk like that:

1: What jobs do each of you have atm? And does it pay well enough to survive in comfort?

2: How the hell did they make "Where the Wild Things are" from a five minute stupid book to a three hour stupid movie?

3: Some people think pedophilia is natural, are they full of ****?

1. I work for a Sports Nutrition company and it pays fairly well.

2. No idea.

3. Tsuyu summed it up perfectly.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds good, my only beef is, Tsuyu, you skipped my more important questions :O

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Firis;342471 said:
2: How the hell did they make "Where the Wild Things are" from a five minute stupid book to a three hour stupid movie?

Monster. How could you call Maurice Sendak's great masterpiece "a stupid five-minute book?" What next, you'll be calling "The Cat In the Hat" a stupid five-minute book?

Angel;342476 said:
1. I'm a company director for a small charity. I'm also a trustee for said charity which means I can't command a wage of any sort for my position of company director. Which roughly translates as my dad (owner and creator of charity) is a tightwad who doesn't want to pay me. Mercifully, Steve makes the money in our house and we live pretty comfortably off it - we don't spend much, but then we don't need much so it all works out rather well.

What charity? I'm curious.

EDIT: And yeah, as far as I know, "Where the Wild Things Are" is pretty thoroughly an American kid's book. Which explains the blank looks you're getting from the assortment of Brits and Swede who rule this forum with an iron fist. Or fists. (Sorry, Freak, yes, I left you out.)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

"Where the Wild Things are" was one of my favourite books, and I may take slight offense at you calling it stupid.

I understand though, the book is only 10 pages long.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Damnit, Droded, you ruined my "it's an American children's book, that's why they don't know what you're talking about" theory.

Glad I'm not the only fan of Maurice Sendak here, though.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I am not against the book, I just thought it was stupid, jsut like most kid books... My main thing is that it was 10 pages long, but has a long as hell movie which probably barely relates to the book.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Firis... it's a kid's book. "Kid's books are stupid" makes you sound like a seven-year-old frantically denying that he's a kid. Just because it's a kid's book doesn't mean it's dumb, just that it's a kid's book.

Plus, while I'll admit that they're longer (not by much), Dr. Seuss books have made great movies. I haven't seen it, but I hear that "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" is a good movie. "The Polar Express" is a good movie. Just like full-length novels can be cut down to make good movies, short children's books can be scaled up to make good movies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Where the Wild Things are is far from stupid... i listened to my psychiatrist (yeah, i got one. thats how i get the pills that keep me awake) go on a rant about how psychologically brilliant all of the wording and pictures are. some things are mainstream for a reason, and if you don't recognize that reason and blindly oppose it you might as well be a brain-dead follower on the band wagon :hmm:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

To all and Any Staff, Have I made a secret spot in your heart? :wub: Haha! :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;343054 said:
To all and Any Staff, Have I made a secret spot in your heart? :wub: Haha! :lol:

Somewhere in the left ventricle i believe.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

@Staff,

Have you listened to the whole Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence song? By Dream Theater.

If you can listen to that 42-minute epic saga, you're a god.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tiamatria;343058 said:
@Staff,

Have you listened to the whole Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence song? By Dream Theater.

If you can listen to that 42-minute epic saga, you're a god.

I have indeed and i own their whole discography. Watched them Live at Download Festival too. ^_^

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;343059 said:
I have indeed and i own their whole discography. Watched them Live at Download Festival too. ^_^

Why didn't you take me!?!?!!

*sniff*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tiamatria;343248 said:
Why didn't you take me!?!?!!

*sniff*

Im not telepathic. =]

:p

Or am I...? :shifty:

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Dear Staff: Have you ever thought of creating yourself a Cult of Personality?

Sincerely...
~ Firis

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

dear staff, borderlands comes out on tuesday. have any of you decided to get it? and if so...game on?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Another Spartan;343527 said:
TBH That picture makes me wanna slap you on the back and see if the grape you're choking on comes out.
It's called a chin, idiot.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

@ Drakan: Have you heard the story of the Hurricane?The man the authorities came to blame, for something that he never done?

@ Angel: Do you believe that Pepsi tastes like "someones ringing out their old gym socks in your mouth"?
I know I do.

@ Projectego: All I know is that to me, you look like alot of fun open up your loving arms WATCH OUT HERE I COME.

Special Mega Awesome Bonus Question

@ DarkenedSoul: I need your advice, do I use Dead man's hair, Jellied spiders, or White Newts eye for Evil Mega Potion #427?