• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Jango;343633 said:
@ DarkenedSoul: I need your advice, do I use Dead man's hair, Jellied spiders, or White Newts eye for Evil Mega Potion #427?
Don't you read the labels? That is one potion you should never speak the name of. But nonetheless, half a White Newts Eye. Crush it with a mortar/pestle. Green steam means it was done correctly. Red steam means start again.

Since I'm answering questions now, I'm a member of staff.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;342610 said:
What charity? I'm curious.)
It's a charity for the blind, visually impaired and those with physical disability which means they are unable to hold a book or turn the pages. We provide digital versions of books online which can be downloaded for free and kept by the user forever, if they so wish. We're entirely not for profit and although there is a similar setup in America, this is the first site of its kind in Europe. We hold a special licence which means we can use any book we like provided we have a physical copy of it in our possession and we also provide school textbooks. We're currently looking at ways to improve synthesised speech (because let's face it, the current Microsoft Sam-esque voice is kinda lame) so that we can provide MP3 downloads of books without having to hire someone to read them all, record it etc. Edinburgh University are involved with us as are lots of schools all around the UK but money is tight and the RNIB (spit spit) are aggressively taking over most other charities for the blind and are not happy that we are providing what we are for free...the politics amongst charities is insane and pretty cutthroat but hopefully we'll remain largely unscathed...

DarkenedSoul;342622 said:
I think I'd need inoculation before and after...

ScareCrowReturn;343054 said:
To all and Any Staff, Have I made a secret spot in your heart? :wub: Haha! :lol:
I was wondering what was causing the necrosis...
Tiamatria;343058 said:
@Staff,

Have you listened to the whole Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence song? By Dream Theater.

If you can listen to that 42-minute epic saga, you're a god.
Er...what?

Jango;343633 said:
@ Angel: Do you believe that Pepsi tastes like "someones ringing out their old gym socks in your mouth"?
I know I do.
Me no likey pepsi so much but I don't think it tastes quite that bad. You want bad cola? Try any supermarket value brand - the stuff that costs about 19p for 2 litres and can be used to strip walls.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;343641 said:
Don't you read the labels? That is one potion you should never speak the name of. But nonetheless, half a White Newts Eye. Crush it with a mortar/pestle. Green steam means it was done correctly. Red steam means start again.

Since I'm answering questions now, I'm a member of staff.

Okay, I got it to work this time.
I hope people around here don't like, y'know...Living and such.

Super Mega Awesome Bonus Question #2

@ Everyone: What does UUUURUTORAMAN, UUUURUTORAMAN SEBUN Kodomo no koro, natsukashii, KIOKU!! Mean to you?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Jango;343657 said:
Okay, I got it to work this time.
I hope people around here don't like, y'know...Living and such.
That potion doesn't kill you. It makes you a warrior of Satan.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;343320 said:
Dear Staff: Have you ever thought of creating yourself a Cult of Personality?

Sincerely...
~ Firis

Cant say that i have to be honest.

cheezMcNASTY;343414 said:
dear staff, borderlands comes out on tuesday. have any of you decided to get it? and if so...game on?

Busy with other games right now and also Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2 are coming soon.

Jango;343633 said:
@ Drakan: Have you heard the story of the Hurricane?The man the authorities came to blame, for something that he never done?

Again i cant say that i have. :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel;343651 said:
It's a charity for the blind, visually impaired and those with physical disability which means they are unable to hold a book or turn the pages. We provide digital versions of books online which can be downloaded for free and kept by the user forever, if they so wish. We're entirely not for profit and although there is a similar setup in America, this is the first site of its kind in Europe. We hold a special licence which means we can use any book we like provided we have a physical copy of it in our possession and we also provide school textbooks. We're currently looking at ways to improve synthesised speech (because let's face it, the current Microsoft Sam-esque voice is kinda lame) so that we can provide MP3 downloads of books without having to hire someone to read them all, record it etc. Edinburgh University are involved with us as are lots of schools all around the UK but money is tight and the RNIB (spit spit) are aggressively taking over most other charities for the blind and are not happy that we are providing what we are for free...the politics amongst charities is insane and pretty cutthroat but hopefully we'll remain largely unscathed...

Yeah, that's pretty damn cool. I want to say that I've heard of a few similar sites here, but honestly it's not something I know a lot about. I think I just heard about it in connection with something on the Baen Free Library, but I'm not sure what I heard or what it was about.

Angel;343651 said:
Me no likey pepsi so much but I don't think it tastes quite that bad. You want bad cola? Try any supermarket value brand - the stuff that costs about 19p for 2 litres and can be used to strip walls.

Whad'ya got against knockoff brands? They're cheap and drinkable... but honestly, yeah, the cola knockoffs are usually crap. Grape and Orange and Fruit Punch and such are usually pretty good, though.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;343700 said:
Whad'ya got against knockoff brands? They're cheap and drinkable... but honestly, yeah, the cola knockoffs are usually crap. Grape and Orange and Fruit Punch and such are usually pretty good, though.

You live in America, and judging from your statement I have a strong belief the cheap cola there is much, much better than in the UK.

If you've ever been to Kwik Save (A Chain which has since become defunct) they sold something like 6 litre's of "cola" for something like 9 cents.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

American spin-off brands suck alot aswell unless you really get used to them, the only Store brand that tastes good to me is Kroger has a descent amount of good stuff, but whatever, Store brand is crap in 70% of all cases imo. Not to say we don't buy it.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

droded;343706 said:
You live in America, and judging from your statement I have a strong belief the cheap cola there is much, much better than in the UK.

If you've ever been to Kwik Save (A Chain which has since become defunct) they sold something like 6 litre's of "cola" for something like 9 cents.

Nope. May have heard of it. My dad stocks Safeway soda machines, and so we usual have their store brand floating around. Sure, I'd sooner drink, say, Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper, but if I can walk out to the garage and grab a free-to-me can of "GO2 Cola" I'm going to do it.

I will say that it's a bit more expensive. One can out of a vending machine costs 35 cents, since they jacked it up from 25 a year or two ago. Which is 12 fl oz. Which, according to Google, is 0.354882355 litres. (Incidentally, it's really weird that cans and little bottles come in fluid ounces, and big bottles come in liters. We have 12 fl oz. cans, 20 fl oz. bottles, 1-liter bottles, and 2-liter bottles. And I have no idea if a liter and a litre are just different spellings or different measurements, too.)

There's a question for the staff. Is a liter equal to a litre?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

JohnDoe;343737 said:
I'm not staff, but if I may... the answer is yes, they are the same. Clicky.

Yeah. Would you believe that I asked that question and then immediately headed over to Wikipedia myself? I like to waste people's time like that. Aren't I wonderful?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;343662 said:
That potion doesn't kill you. It makes you a warrior of Satan.

I know, I'm going to use the power gained from it to kill them.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;343736 said:
Nope. May have heard of it. My dad stocks Safeway soda machines, and so we usual have their store brand floating around.

Doesnt exist over here anymore as they were taken over by another brand (Morrisons).

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

What's it like living in a country with a recorded history that goes back more that 250 years?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;343736 said:
We have 12 fl oz. cans, 20 fl oz. bottles, 1-liter bottles, and 2-liter bottles.

There have been an increasing amount of 3 litre/liter bottles available in stores, and what I meant by 6 liters was that it used to be 9 cents for a "Buy-1-get-1-free" three liter bottle.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;343779 said:
What's it like living in a country with a recorded history that goes back more that 250 years?

Guess its kind of interesting. :lol:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;343778 said:
Doesnt exist over here anymore as they were taken over by another brand (Morrisons).

Arseface;343779 said:

Dark Drakan;343787 said:
Guess its kind of interesting. :lol:

Maybe it's interesting, but jeeze-- no nice, cheap, drinkable knockoff-brand sodas? What's so good about it?

Let's see, how long is my country's "recorded" history... I'd say 401 years. John Smith explored the Chesapeake in 1608. It's older if you count Virginia as part of my country. (Only joking.) Though, really, it's more like 377 years. That's when Maryland's charter was granted. Or 367, if you count from the first actual Marylander settlement.

So, actually, yeah, it's pretty cool, Arseface.

droded;343786 said:
There have been an increasing amount of 3 litre/liter bottles available in stores, and what I meant by 6 liters was that it used to be 9 cents for a "Buy-1-get-1-free" three liter bottle.

I see. That's pretty damn cheap, yeah.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Dear staff, I am goign to see New Moon (I am not a fanboy, I just merely like the series as long as I pretend they aren't called Vampires, the Were Wolves rocvk though... anyway) is anyone else gonna see it?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Why has conversation in the bowerstone tavern suddenly dried up?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^I think, cause school has started back up, and lack of real world topics that are either interesting or appropriate for civil discussions. If you don't mind me takign that question.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Staff: Is this a good lyric basis for a doom metal song?
Last words, unspoken
This cold earth, broken
I suffocate from this unholy lust

My soul, seething
Barely breathing
As the leaves fall and rot to dust

My insides, turned
But nothing I've learned
Could undo this torture I've sewn

Without your hand
I'm not of this land
As I face this winter lost and alone...