• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Does bathwater count?
Hey if it counted for Professor Farnsworth, then I don't see why not. Down the hatch!
Had one beer in 3 months, so that weakness has been nullified. :lol:
... In all the years I've been a part of this forum, I can't believe what I've just read. Quick, somebody funnel this man some beer, he's speakin' in tongues!

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
On the subject of alcohol, staff, how much is too much? Serious question (well, not that serious, I just know everyone has differing opinions on this)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hey if it counted for Professor Farnsworth, then I don't see why not. Down the hatch!

... In all the years I've been a part of this forum, I can't believe what I've just read. Quick, somebody funnel this man some beer, he's speakin' in tongues!

With Amy not being able to drink I feel bad when we go out with others and shes the only one not drinking so I tend to drive to places and stick to soft drinks so she doesnt feel like the odd one out.

On the subject of alcohol, staff, how much is too much? Serious question (well, not that serious, I just know everyone has differing opinions on this)

In one sitting everyone learns their own limits over time but when you start to need that drink its not the amount you are having but more that you cant go without it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
When I was in Scotland last year I tried a couple shots of our friend's gin & tonic and was all over the floor in a matter of minutes.

That was probably too much.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score

The Aliens can hunt in the dark
But the Predator will tear your bones apart
The Aliens can mass multiply
But the Predator's got a ship that flies
The Aliens can grow inside you son
But the Predator's got an infrared gun
The Aliens are quick and fast
But the Predator will tear a hole in your ass
You'll bot be dead, and deader
So you tell me which one is better!

It's Aliens versus Predator
Who is faster, who is better?
It's Aliens versus Predator
Who will survive?​

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Three shots, two beers/two glasses of wine; every night, sometimes a little more, and sometimes a lunch beer. Only way to live.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Dunno really - once you start building a tolerance for the stuff, it's difficult to know when you've had too much. Government guidelines tell you to only have so much and then a break of 48 hours between drinking...but sometimes that guideline just doesn't hit the spot.

For me I guess it depends on the alcohol content and which medication I happen to be taking at the time (yes I know I'm not meant to drink on meds at all but yeah...judge away). If I'm on my diazepam then I could sniff a Bacardi breezer and fall over. If it's my regular citalopram, alcohol doesn't seem to react in any obvious way with it so I can drink a bit more.

Tl;dr don't drink more than the recommended allowance. I'm just no good at following my own advice.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Well, whatever you do don't ever drink nothing BUT wine. I did this the other night and ended up passing out around 10:30pm.

Honestly, eventually everyone learns to know their own limit. Some people handle their drink better than others. Never mix drinks and stop when you start to feel ill. Also, seeing pink elephants is usually a dead giveaway.

Last edited: