• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best and Worst Will powers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crazyarms

Re: Best and Worst Will powers?

So its offical. Summon sucks!

L

Lord Mark

You do know when your summon manages to kill something, it will turn into it. For example, my wasp killed a bandit and he turned into one, everytime I summoned him again it was a bandit. So, it would be useful if you managed to snag an archer or a balverine, maybe a hobbe caster...

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I know someone who attempted to gain a troll, but I'm not sure if he ever did. Then again, would that be possible?

C

Crazyarms

Well i know that summon does not work the way it should in the Arena. Cause i killed the scporpian king with summon, and it didnt turn into it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Lord Mark said:
You do know when your summon manages to kill something, it will turn into it. For example, my wasp killed a bandit and he turned into one, everytime I summoned him again it was a bandit. So, it would be useful if you managed to snag an archer or a balverine, maybe a hobbe caster...

Wow never used it often enough to relise that :lol: :blush:

Learn something new everyday.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
Well i know that summon does not work the way it should in the Arena. Cause i killed the scporpian king with summon, and it didnt turn into it.

I highly dought it would have allowed you to ever do that. The SK was a boss therefore immune to usual effects of things. Not to mention that move would be a little cheap and that's probably why they made it so it couldn't happen.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfried said:
I highly dought it would have allowed you to ever do that. The SK was a boss therefore immune to usual effects of things. Not to mention that move would be a little cheap and that's probably why they made it so it couldn't happen.

Indeed your right, the developers arent stupid ;)

C

Crazyarms

yeah, but i think i tried a troll, and it didnt work. Ill have to double check that.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I don't see why it wouldn't work on an Earth Troll. The only time they are considered a boss is the first time you encounter one, after that they become registered as "regular enemies".

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Its the movement that makes me think its not possible. When you fight them they always stay in the same place, so how would they move around as your summon if they never really do as your enemy.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

That may be true, Seigfried. But fortunatley lesser enemies and bandits have a tendancy of charging directly at their enemies meaning the the Earth Trolls can happily stay in one place and let them come to him.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

That's true too, I didn't think of that, good call project.

T

TheBeast

Crazyarms said:
My favorite will power is Physical Shield, cause once you max it out you never have to worry about dieing. (plus i heard it helps when fighting Jack). I would have to agree with summon being the worst power. i tried it once, but like you said the wasp cant kill anything. I think the funnest and the coolest will power is divine fury. I laugh everytime i use it (i like it when i get a big crowd of enemies) Also, my favorite combination would be physical shield and divine fury, because its the only two will powers i use.

man summoning is the best u just have to work ur way up.=] like use the wasp to kill a bandit use bandit to kill something beter and so on. i got this huge ice thingy i dunno wat it is it have a club thing and its not an ice troll. but i love using divine fury its awsome!:w00t:

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I think your talking about an ice version of the undead, they are really strong and can take alot of damage. I have to say that you probably got the summon possible, good work.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TheBeast said:
man summoning is the best u just have to work ur way up.=] like use the wasp to kill a bandit use bandit to kill something beter and so on. i got this huge ice thingy i dunno wat it is it have a club thing and its not an ice troll. but i love using divine fury its awsome!:w00t:

A nice way of thinking about it and your the first person to speak about summon positively i think :p

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

The Beast is right, myself and somebody else were discussing the summon will power in another thread. Favorite Will Power I think. Somebody also mentioned they had a blue minion. I had the same summon as The Beast but it killed a minion a few days back and now its a red minion. Since I got the spell it has gone from:

Wasp>Hobbe>Undead>Balverine>Ice Creature>Red Minion

Summon is one of the most underrated will powers in the game... people just dont take the time to figure it out or read the description...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:

Summon is one of the most underrated will powers in the game... people just dont take the time to figure it out or read the description...

I think you are right as i myself admit i rarely used it and didnt relise it transformed into what it killed until i read it :blush: I cast it off as a pretty weak and pointless will power but now im rethinking what i said.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
I think you are right as i myself admit i rarely used it and didnt relise it transformed into what it killed until i read it :blush: I cast it off as a pretty weak and pointless will power but now im rethinking what i said.

Its pretty handy for taking the heat off yourself in some occassions. I would have loved to been able to let my summon monster kill the Scorpion in the arena. That would have been one amazing summon, then again chances are it would just kill a feeble monster with one hit and then become the crap monster..... if you use it along with slow time its pretty cool. Cripes I use slow time with everything....

:unsure:

T

TheBeast

weirdkidinabox said:

yea thats true but i went:

wasp>balverine>bandit>ice creature>blue minion
(maybe it was bandit befor balverine but i dont rember)

im going to take some time to see if u can get something better then blue minion

Status
Not open for further replies.