• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 storyline ideas

• Thread starter HunterOfEmoKids
  • Start date
R

Raiyell

Re: Fable 2 storyline ideas

EDIT: lol I'm an idiot. I forgot about the Chamber of Secrets or whatever it's called.

i would like the game to have no predefined goal set. If i did something in particular then a quest might become available. like so you aren't forced to progress but rather your actions no matter what will lead you closer to some event. Like you could sit on your butt for the first half of the game and nothing would happen, but as soon as you get a job you unlock a quest. instead of the guildmaster nagging you to death

I completely agree. Although, it should really be stuff that most if not all people will do, because it will not work if even a some people can't find out what to do to progress. But, I liked in Fable TLC, how things would happen, like Whisper's departure in Oakvale, with no prior knowledge of how to trigger it or that it would even happen. I would like it if they expanded on that a little.

X

XXXREAPERXXX

things I would like in the story line is, firstly not to let Jack of Blades return for two reasons 1. Everyone will expect that and 2 its 500 years after the original. Let us all think he is dead and bam he returns in fable 3 one day forming a team with Lucien.

I would like a more non linear story so that you can take your time finishing it and we all know something will happen to your family as Lionhead is citing unconditional love. Either way a nice long open-ended game would be good where you choices have "more" of an effect on the storyline.

One thing that would be nice is if you could see the original fable towns and see how they changed:p

F

Father of Skorm

XXXREAPERXXX;151834 said:
things I would like in the story line is, firstly not to let Jack of Blades return for two reasons 1. Everyone will expect that and 2 its 500 years after the original. Let us all think he is dead and bam he returns in fable 3 one day forming a team with Lucien.

JoB is not human therefore the 500 years wouldnt kill him, just be more time to spend on planning revenge on the human race.
more gods, but replacing skorm and avo, not as well as, and yea, continuation of fables landmarks...

P

PrivateCaller

well obviosly at least to my way of thought, the original fable character wont have that much of a roll, saying as if you enhanced your character enough in the original fable he already looked like he was about to fall over and die, also every player had their own game experiance in the original so they couldnt have him because people had different endings.

But on to the story line, I believe it will be as such: you select a character if you chose a boy youll have a sister to compete with throughout the story and if you chose a girl youll have a brother to do the same with

D

Dronaj

I highly doubt that the hero from Fable: TLC is going to play even a small part in Fable 2 for all reasons already mentioned. From what I've read in interviews and seen in videos I think I can go as far as to say that he will only be mentioned through books and statues like I saw someone say earlier. Besides I wouldn't want him to come back and play a part, that'd be lame. I want a whole new adventure with a brand new story with only references to the events of Fable: TLC. When sequels are exactly the same as their predecessor, they almost always turn out to be a disappointment.

S

sabre3993

PrivateCaller;152734 said:
But on to the story line, I believe it will be as such: you select a character if you chose a boy youll have a sister to compete with throughout the story and if you chose a girl youll have a brother to do the same with
Or, maybe there'll be something such as in mass effect where you choose your past and background, and start with no family but only traces back to them. And as you go on with the story you hear other people talkin about your history

But i do hope ther won't be any traces back to the old hero, except in books and statues as Dronaj said.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

your child character as a boy sneaks out of his cardboard box one night to find two dark hooded figures abducting his childhood friend (opposite sex). Your character turns to the heroes guild for guidance and throughout the course of the game works towards his revenge. Finding this opposite character fully grown towards the end and having the option to kill her for the sword of aeons (*gasp* it's the daughter of teresa!)

F

Father of Skorm

grest great greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat... grand daughter you mean... :D

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

oh yea! the great great great great great great great great great great great great granddaughter of teresa

R

Raiyell

JackoBlades, I like your idea, but I wish people would step away from the whole "Choose to kill for the SoA" idea. I hope they don't do it again.

D

Dronaj

Raiyell;153335 said:
JackoBlades, I like your idea, but I wish people would step away from the whole "Choose to kill for the SoA" idea. I hope they don't do it again.
agreed. repeating plot twists = lame.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Well, I think that It could be descendant based. Like your character from the first game was a legendary hero, and JOB has a descendant. And then at the end JOBs descendant starts a monologue on the choices he made. It would be cool. But then having said that Your character in the first game Was either evil or good so you would have to choose at the begginning for sake of story structure so that wouldnt work. I do Think some of the weapons should come back like a bigger stronger avos tear.

S

sabre3993

Or u have a cunning quest to search and find ancient maps that are pieces to a bigger map, a quest the heroes guild set u out own, but u have no record of ur past. Later u find out u used to be this ultimate evil guy, but the guild scrambled ur mind into thinking u worked 4 them. lol (KOTOR)

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Wow, I think that was like some serious FBI CIA shtuff. Or like your a really good guy in the past and in reality but the guild scrambled everyone else to think you were some other legendary evil guy. And they are all freaked out when you come around and your all like "wtf these guys are off the rocker" And They start to run and your like aight fine Ill eat your apple pie and then they get out of town and your like yeah... and then theres this one guy whos like "I know who you really are" And like the really bad guy looks like the really good guy and everyone is like " HOoray this guy kicks ***" And you have to fix everyones heads before its too late and everyone but you is **** out of luck. I think that would be cool. So they see the "Good guy" whos really the bad guy. And they think your trying to kill them all and your really on thier side so the bad guy might, like some hitchcock **** like hes chopping them up and they are just like "Our Hero" Unless you stop him.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

as a child you run away from home and begin following around a shady man. he sends you into dangerous situations as a boy/teen to retrieve mysterious artifacts for an unknown purpose. He feeds you and treats you well. After helping this shady man for the whole game towards the end he is revealed a villain when he uses it to take over bowerstone. The next half of the game comes from cooperation with the heroes guild to crack a hole in his regime and minions and ultimately, vengeance....vengeance plots are goood....yesssssssss

A

ashinator

how do u think they will continue the story of fable 2? its a very interesting question but when u think about it, at the end of fable TLC the guild master nerrarates "what happened to the guild and it's heroes, that is a story for another time." i wonder if something related to jack of blades or a reference to the Hero from Fable TLC will be returning in fable 2. in my opinion, an interesting twist would be if the hero from the original fable somehow returns.

i agree it would be very interesting and i hope that the bloodline goes on through the ages and ends up with the new hero granting him/her waith power if he/can unlock it and its secrets

T

tyler_222

Maybe it starts off the same as the other you get taken when your fostered and its sort of the same just more detail and things you can do.

S

sabre3993

ashinator:
in my opinion, an interesting twist would be if the hero from the original fable somehow returns.

The game is 500 years later so its really doubtful he's gonna be returning, there could be a statue of him but that's it.o_O
tyler_222:
Maybe it starts off the same as the other you get taken when your fostered and its sort of the same just more detail and things you can do
And i doubt it'll have much of a resemblance if any to the first's beginning, besides the whole startin out poor thing.

A

ashinator

The game is 500 years later so its really doubtful he's gonna be returning, there could be a statue of him but that's it.o_O

maybe he gains power like jack of blades but from the gods like the ones u donate to in the temple of avo.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

You never know, the storyline from Fable took us for a spin. He might be back. But thats unlikely, but if the villain is the same, then its likely that the original hero is tucked away in there somewhere. I wouldnt doubt somethings returning, I.E: certain swords, armor sets , descendants, towns for sure, similat quests as eggs.