• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II clothing?

F

FINAL

Fable II clothing?

I am sorry, but the clothing in this game is lame. The fact that armor is no not in the game besides Hal's is stupid. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but there is definitely some things that were better in the first game. The plate armor was the best and even the fire assassin's clothes were cool, but in this game we can only have a few lame excuses for clothes. While I am on the subject on how Fable was better, my character is maxed out in power and skill, but is barely bigger then the normal guards.

R

Roark86

Re: Fable II clothing?

I'll agree that a lot of the clothes look too much alike. But there are apparently clothes out there that are hard as hell to find. Someone's found a pair of bandit boots but has no idea where. I've been looking all over ever since trying to find them. There's probably other stuff out there that no one's found yet.

S

siffo23

i looked into my clothes inventory and had clothes that i'd picked up somewhere along the line. i had the whole bandit outfit. dont know how i got it though.
but i definatly agree with the clothing problem.

fable I had so many really cool choices, with the assasins armour, plate, even chainmail was cool.

fable II's clothing range sucks epic cock

R

ricky g

keep checking the traders in rookridge i got the bandit boots there i have no need for them now that im a chick

R

Roark86

Yea I figured that was probably where you get them. That or westcliff. Does anyone have the gloves?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

siffo23;233750 said:
i looked into my clothes inventory and had clothes that i'd picked up somewhere along the line. i had the whole bandit outfit. dont know how i got it though.
but i definatly agree with the clothing problem.

fable I had so many really cool choices, with the assasins armour, plate, even chainmail was cool.

fable II's clothing range sucks epic cock

I think the main thing is that in Fable 1 all the clothing actually looked good. Fable 2 just needs better looking stuff.

I think what it really needs is more clothing, and more variety.

MasterJh

Reaction score

If you wanna bitch about the clothing and stuff like there's only assassin's top and nothing else then all you have to look at is the fact that there is dye in the game so you can make an outfit that originally looked crappy, look absolutely brilliant with dyes applied...I mean me and a friend have exactly the same outfit that we wear but his looks so much more cooler than mine because he has alot of dyes and he knows which dyes look good together.

A

Azr3ken

Well, MasterJ does have a point, with the dyes...
But that doesn't change the fact that the clothing is so limited.
Also, while we're on clothing, has anyone else noticed that clothing doesn't give you stats on this one? I think that's a little rediculous, seeings as it is an RPG. o_O

MasterJh

Reaction score

Clothing does give you like a 5% bonus to atractiveness or evil or whatever so it does effect you but only slightly

MasterJh

Reaction score

Roark86;233741 said:
I'll agree that a lot of the clothes look too much alike. But there are apparently clothes out there that are hard as hell to find. Someone's found a pair of bandit boots but has no idea where. I've been looking all over ever since trying to find them. There's probably other stuff out there that no one's found yet.
Bandit is easy to get and no- there aren't any super hard sets of clothing to find, i have the official Fable 2 guide and it lists every piece of clothing and every item...

Sorry for the double post...my bad

X

Xeon

Yeah they could have put breastplates and helmets in there, maybe a halberd or two. But hey, the rifle classes are nothing a like and there's 5 or 6 classes right?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Xeon;233910 said:
Yeah they could have put breastplates and helmets in there, maybe a halberd or two. But hey, the rifle classes are nothing a like and there's 5 or 6 classes right?

Not sure what halberds have to do with clothing; but I'm pretty sure that the reason there's no armor is because of the guns. They probably just thought that huge heavy suits of armor didn't fit with all the gunslinging.

And yes, I know that for awhile in the real world plate armor did work against firearms; and yes I know that Albion/Fable II-world still uses swords, too. But I am pretty sure that the armor just wouldn't fit with the general look of the world.

But yes, I think they're very limited. I got a decent set of clothes early, and I've had no need to change since. There's nothing really better.

X

Xeon

They still used plate in the 16th and 17th century, it wasn't full body and not nearly as heavy, the breasplate would cover your organs while plates on your arms and legs would protect your limbs from getting cut off. It was that kinda plate armor I was talking about.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Walker;233957 said:
And yes, I know that for awhile in the real world plate armor did work against firearms; and yes I know that Albion/Fable II-world still uses swords, too. But I am pretty sure that the armor just wouldn't fit with the general look of the world.

See? Yes, I do know. And, actually there was still a LOT of armor used in the 16th century. In the 1500s firearms were still ramping up. They wouldn't become even vaguely dominant until the 18th.

But the thing is, for the most part when you think of people running around with pistols and shotguns and all the rest, cracking off shots at the slightest provocation, you don't think of people wearing armor.

X

Xeon

True, fable 2 reminds me a lot of Pirates of the Caribien game, it has that pirate theme, another thing is that it takes place in a peacefull time with no wars. That could explain the lack of plated breastplates.

A

Azr3ken

Walker;233957 said:
Not sure what halberds have to do with clothing; but I'm pretty sure that the reason there's no armor is because of the guns. They probably just thought that huge heavy suits of armor didn't fit with all the gunslinging.

Nehh. I just watched an interview that PM did with some guy, talking about the clothing thing.
He said that he didn't want there to be armour, because he just wanted people to dress uniquely, and not for the benifits that it gives.
I'm actually answering my own question up there. xDD
He says that if there were stats on the clothing, that people would all wear the same thing, like in World of Warcraft.
Below is the video that I watched to see this information.
http://www.nerdfellowship.com/archives/2264

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Azr3ken;233970 said:
Nehh. I just watched an interview that PM did with some guy, talking about the clothing thing.
He said that he didn't want there to be armour, because he just wanted people to dress uniquely, and not for the benifits that it gives.
I'm actually answering my own question up there. xDD
He says that if there were stats on the clothing, that people would all wear the same thing, like in World of Warcraft.
Below is the video that I watched to see this information.
http://www.nerdfellowship.com/archives/2264

Well, there are still stats on the clothes-- they just pertain to appearance instead of anything else.

But I still think it has a lot to do with the style/look of Fable II. What you say can be a factor to, probably is.

X

Xeon

True but a nice legendary plated breastplate would be awesome.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Personally, I do like the idea of PM. The idea of clothes having armour and stats is just not good. It always bothered me having stats on my items back in Fable I/TLC, and I'm glad PM decided to remove that.

But yes, plate armour without stats would be cool...

F

fable2rules123

Hello ya its England. Armor in this would be stupid. Who is with me.