• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II clothing?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Re: Fable II clothing?

Yes, I'm an American, too. The big huge Maryland flag and my tendency to obsess over the country and the state are a clue. But yes, I am judging aristocrats purely on history.

Yeah, that's so unfair. I mean, really, why can't I wear a dress without being a ridiculous crossdresser?

Lionheart

Reaction score

Walker;235203 said:
Yes, I'm an American, too. The big huge Maryland flag and my tendency to obsess over the country and the state are a clue. But yes, I am judging aristocrats purely on history.

Yeah, that's so unfair. I mean, really, why can't I wear a dress without being a ridiculous crossdresser?

You wear a dress :O, you'll end up looking like tommy who lives in the cave with hobbes :wacko:

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;235203 said:

Just play as a girl, and no one would care. I won't tell.;)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

moonfever;235197 said:
Ah, well my aristacratic husband hasn't left me, so that's something. And I didn't have to kill him so that's something. We don't have those in America, so I can only go by my game.:p

I had an aristocratic wife once, but then she commented on my boots so I powdered her face with a pistol.

moonfever;235197 said:
I'm just glad I play a girl, I can wear just about anything.;)

They can also wear nothing at all.

Walker;235203 said:

You could wear a skirt, you just have to pass it off as a kilt. Just don't go adding thigh boots to that wardrobe.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Nah, I think I'll stick to the cargo pants and the fifty thousand books. More my style.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

What?! You found the legendary Cargo Pants of Holding? I hate you....*sneers*

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

They're incredibly comfortable, and increase your potion-and-food capacity by eighty percent; as well as raising your nerd stats.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Seigfreid;235287 said:
I had an aristocratic wife once, but then she commented on my boots so I powdered her face with a pistol.

They can also wear nothing at all.

You could wear a skirt, you just have to pass it off as a kilt. Just don't go adding thigh boots to that wardrobe.

why didn't you just change the boots?:p
My lady hero is a saint, if only she had wings.^_^

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

No one disses my boots. Bandits have even come to compliment them as I stomp their faces into mush.

My heroine is a purist, but that's only because Fairfax was pricing me way too much on that katana. In the end, I thought I had served justice.

Walker;235319 said:
They're incredibly comfortable, and increase your potion-and-food capacity by eighty percent; as well as raising your nerd stats.

I heard that they can hold the entire 3.5 series of D&D Books, while still having enough room for the die and 2 lilter of mountain dew.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever;235322 said:
why didn't you just change the boots?:p
My lady hero is a saint, if only she had wings.^_^

Yeah, I thought we were going to get pretty fluffy wings. What happened to those?

Seigfreid;235324 said:
No one disses my boots. Bandits have even come to compliment them as I stomp their faces into mush.

My heroine is a purist, but that's only because Fairfax was pricing me way too much on that katana. In the end, I thought I had served justice.

I heard that they can hold the entire 3.5 series of D&D Books, while still having enough room for the die and 2 lilter of mountain dew.

Those boots make your butt look big. I think I do want to find some better clothes now, though.

Well, maybe not the 2-liter, but a couple 20-oz, yeah. I also wouldn't know about the D&D, but the entire collected works of Tolkien fit nicely. You usually need to counterbalance with some Dew or with the collected works of Asimov, though-- otherwise you tip over. Not pretty.

Twilight

Reaction score

I had no idea there were gypsy clothes.....

Maybe there is more unknown clothes that I haven't found O_O

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Twilight;235553 said:
I had no idea there were gypsy clothes.....

Maybe there is more unknown clothes that I haven't found O_O

Yeah, there's lots of Gypsy clothes. You can get them easy at the Gypsy Camp-- from the General Store.

Or were you saying that because you had just found them in-game?

Twilight

Reaction score

Just found them today!

And loads? More than just a male and female set?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;235551 said:
Yeah, I thought we were going to get pretty fluffy wings. What happened to those?

Those boots make your butt look big. I think I do want to find some better clothes now, though.

Well, maybe not the 2-liter, but a couple 20-oz, yeah. I also wouldn't know about the D&D, but the entire collected works of Tolkien fit nicely. You usually need to counterbalance with some Dew or with the collected works of Asimov, though-- otherwise you tip over. Not pretty.

I don't know but I wish we had wings.:(

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Twilight;235556 said:
Just found them today!

And loads? More than just a male and female set?

Well, not exactly loads, but there's a couple extra gypsy-ish clothes that aren't labeled "Gypsy [Insert Article of clothing here]." Like the... Sun vest, and the Gossamer Head Wrap. In addition to, say, the Gypsy Male Shirt, Gypsy Female Shirt, and so on.

R

Roark86

There are also those absurdly rare Bandit and Tart boots and gloves to find. Those should take you plenty of time to get.

D

DrunkHero

Hello players, I noticed a while ago, while looking for those annoying gargoyles, in Westcliff there's a gargoyle with will user robes(if you invite me to your game I'll show you), and I think they are, in my terms, jazzin' man :p.

Oh yes, if you lot want do something with me my gamertag's Microchipman :lol:
Thank you.

T

TaterSalad

Armor had become nigh-obsolete in the era Fable II is set in so for 'realistic' purposes it was removed.
I personally love some of the clothing, but certain things were certainly missing, and certain things look like ****e.
Noble Vest/Shirt thing for instance. It looks rubbery to me, and I can't stand it. Then there's the will-user schwag which is just way too foppish, and the assassin top I can't stand because it makes me look fat.

On the other end of the spectrum you get things like the Highwayman Coat, which is way cool by itself, and the Spire guard gear and explorer set and all sorts of cool things like that.

Factor in dyes and at the end of the day I was very satisfied with the clothing, despite a number of shortcomings (The things you have to do for a tophat. Seriously.)

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

To be 100% honest. Having armour around when guns are invented is pointless. They thought that through carefully. A gun would literally blow through metal, you can get armour on the DLC anyway.

^^. But the top hat pwns ^_^

Ryu hayabusa

Assassin
Reaction score

I wear a
HRC Bandit gloves, Explorers shirt, Gentalmens boots, explorers pants.