• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II clothing?

F

fable2rules123

Re: Fable II clothing?

Hello ya its England. Armor in this era would be stupid. Who is with me. Typo ya

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

fable2rules123;234490 said:
Hello ya its England. Armor in this would be stupid. Who is with me.

PLEASE, don't doublepost. The nice, shiny edit button is down in the lower right of your posts, next door to the "quote" button.

And... I don't really agree. Yeah, I never really liked armor; and huge knight-style suits of armor would look way out of place; but would minimal breastplates or whatever really be that out-of-place? I don't think so.

And wait, what's England? Albion? No, Albion is a fictional world with many similarities and parallels to England; plus sharing an old name for the island and a poetic name for the country.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Walker;234506 said:
PLEASE, don't doublepost. The nice, shiny edit button is down in the lower right of your posts, next door to the "quote" button.

And... I don't really agree. Yeah, I never really liked armor; and huge knight-style suits of armor would look way out of place; but would minimal breastplates or whatever really be that out-of-place? I don't think so.

And wait, what's England? Albion? No, Albion is a fictional world with many similarities and parallels to England; plus sharing an old name for the island and a poetic name for the country.

It was acciedental. He must of oressed post twice due to a internet lag oir bad internet speed, it happens. He cant delete his second post so thats an issue too.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I love the outfits for the lady hero. Especially the arch mage robe.:)

XCRmonger

Reaction score

Do you think they will offer downloadable clothes?

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

moonfever;234532 said:

After getting the 'Ruler of Albion' achievement, and the option to call my female character Queen, i thought the Archmage Robe along with the tarts head dress thingy or the powdered wig made her look Very Regal. i thought the hot date outfit was pretty hot too, without the pink coat. i couldn't find the coat that the evil female in the promo pics was wearing though.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

ali1238;234530 said:
It was acciedental. He must of oressed post twice due to a internet lag oir bad internet speed, it happens. He cant delete his second post so thats an issue too.

Could be. It didn't look that way to me, though, since the second one was different.

moonfever;234532 said:

My sister says the exact opposite. Bitches to no end that they're all ugly, so she has to wear male clothes.

XCRmonger;234613 said:
Do you think they will offer downloadable clothes?

Damn, I hope so.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Even with the limitations of clothing, I managed to peice together some good looking styles. My heroine, for example, wears the monk gloves, highwayman's pants, and explorer's boots with the appropriate recoloring and with dreadlocks. Now she looks like a street fighter, it's awesome.

But I'll admit that the selection may lack quality and quantity, but it's all how you look at it and work with it. The only real problem I have with it is that the male clothing tends to look bulky and mishapen, making it not so great for my hero.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Seigfreid;234916 said:
Even with the limitations of clothing, I managed to peice together some good looking styles. My heroine, for example, wears the monk gloves, highwayman's pants, and explorer's boots with the appropriate recoloring and with dreadlocks. Now she looks like a street fighter, it's awesome.

But I'll admit that the selection may lack quality and quantity, but it's all how you look at it and work with it. The only real problem I have with it is that the male clothing tends to look bulky and mishapen, making it not so great for my hero.

I don't know about bulky and misshappen, because all I wear is the Vintage Shirt and Vest-- but I'm pretty sure it isn't bulky and misshappen. The Explorer's trousers might be another story, but still.

F

Fablenator

I do agree that, a breastplate would not be out of place in the sense that, even though this game has different parts of real history amalgamated into one, they we're still worn in the "enlightenment" time, to a semi-large extent. The clothing now doesn't bother me, it's the lack thereof that's kind of annoying.

X

Xeon

One of my heroes looked awesome just wearing a highwayman coat and no shirt, he was fully up in strenght and... lets just say that the ladies loved mah tanned pecks :p

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Xeon;235111 said:
One of my heroes looked awesome just wearing a highwayman coat and no shirt, he was fully up in strenght and... lets just say that the ladies loved mah tanned pecks :p

I have a shirtless Fable dude in Bowerstone, with a mohawk haircut who wants to marry my lady hero. He looks like tlc's hero.:D
I love most of the ladies clothes, so I have a lot of variety. But no hooped skirts. I don't like those.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Well, for bulky clothing you got the Ranger's Coat and Trousers, and the Upper Class shirt looks slightly mishapen. Also, the monk robes make you look a little plump. But maybe it's just me.

Now that I think about it, the specific male clothing is kinda tacky. The gypsy, upper class, and a few others just aren't edgy at all, even with recoloring.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Seigfreid;235145 said:
Well, for bulky clothing you got the Ranger's Coat and Trousers, and the Upper Class shirt looks slightly mishapen. Also, the monk robes make you look a little plump. But maybe it's just me.

Now that I think about it, the specific male clothing is kinda tacky. The gypsy, upper class, and a few others just aren't edgy at all, even with recoloring.
I think they need more nice looking mens' wear, besides the Arch mages coat. I find the upper class mens wear attractive on the coop players, dyed moonless midnite, and gold trim.:)

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I tried that, but the upper class coat still has that red tint to it, and for some reason it bugs me. Plus, I tend to look like a pimp somehow.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Seigfreid;235154 said:
I tried that, but the upper class coat still has that red tint to it, and for some reason it bugs me. Plus, I tend to look like a pimp somehow.

I think the hero looks aristicratic.:) I always marry an aristicrat. :D I don't think he looks like a pimp.:unsure:
I miss the bright heavy armor for the guy.:(

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

This conversation... well, if taken out of context, this conversation is dumb. IN-context it is both dumb and faintly absurd.

BUT I'm still in it. Yeah, I think I got the Ranger's trousers, but I keep selling all the stuff I get. I should probably keep some of it, but [shrugs]. I actually don't remember getting any coats. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed.

Here's a riddle: what's the difference between a pimp and an aristocrat?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;235178 said:
This conversation... well, if taken out of context, this conversation is dumb. IN-context it is both dumb and faintly absurd.

BUT I'm still in it. Yeah, I think I got the Ranger's trousers, but I keep selling all the stuff I get. I should probably keep some of it, but [shrugs]. I actually don't remember getting any coats. Maybe that's why I haven't noticed.

Here's a riddle: what's the difference between a pimp and an aristocrat?
I don't know, what is it?
I still think they could have made the rangers outfit better. There's a coat that makes the hero look really huge. I will have to check on that, it was ugly. I think the male player should have better clothes.:wacko:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

The difference: Other people pay the pimp to screw. The aristocrat just screws everybody over.

I like what I have on (okay, so the Gypsy bandana or headband or whatever looks a bit dumb, but still); but I do wish I had more options.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;235185 said:
The difference: Other people pay the pimp to screw. The aristocrat just screws everybody over.

I like what I have on (okay, so the Gypsy bandana or headband or whatever looks a bit dumb, but still); but I do wish I had more options.

Ah, well my aristacratic husband hasn't left me, so that's something. And I didn't have to kill him so that's something. We don't have those in America, so I can only go by my game.:p
I'm just glad I play a girl, I can wear just about anything.;)