• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WarHawk

Re: Fable III improvements

AimlessCleric;316258 said:
Take Assassin's Creed and Fable 2, add some improvements, and mash them together and just forget about fable 3 or Assassin's Creed 2.

YES!!! Fable Creed. or Assassin't Fable. something........

Kupu

Berserker
Reaction score

I think maybe just forget Fable 3 and work on Fable 2 like improving all of the above like more clothes,weapons,house options,places ect.Just think of it as one big patch or download but patch seems reasonable including the overhype Fable 2 was way to much okay it's a great game but maybe it could have been better.One great idea would be the ressurection of the Heros Guild like it rises from Bowerlake and the rebuilding of Oakvale(Wrathmarsh)
That place where Garth comes from(Sarakara something like that)should be added that place where Hammer goes and a sea place like you get to meet Reaver.
Go see my thread for Fable 2 with DLC ideas and Improvements for this game.

X

Xeon

Mr.Freeman;318929 said:
Thing that they should do is the abiltly to shut the god damn door to your house so only your family and you can get not every passer by who decides to wonder in to your house.

Armor that gives you defense points or something.

aging of the hero and his spouse and child ( should be reversible through potions)

maybe instead of a dog you can chose an animal you find in the woods or something

I think there should be the option of having no weapons attached to you so basically unarmed and there should be the option of having 2 bladed weapons 2 guns or just magic.

more clothing and customization

larger world and in stead of having loading screens just make a huge world like in world of warcraft so it seems like an actual big land instead a lot of tiny ones.

allow your dog in your house

Your dog can enter most houses after you buy them

D

Darkhaven

We should be able to kill children, and I agree with ENFO, it should be harder especially when it comes to getting weapons, make more of a reason to do co-op, better co-op screens (especially when fighting cave trolls and rocks are everywhere), and make it a tad bit more epic, I was kind of hoping at the end there would be a mid air battle with lucien... upset me, was still an awesome game though.

Flee4me

Thomas
Reaction score

Okay so:

1) Bring back armour. Ok, I can understand why Lionhead removed it...
"if we keep armour, people will only try to get the best armour, and all will look / be the same. by not doing so, people will be stimulated to create their own, custom looks."
if you choose to do so, then PLEASE put in enough clothes Lionhead...
now it's just a joke.

and if you want to keep this "diversity and player creations", you can still do this with armour!
LOOK: make some grades of armour (they don't have to be visible / official) but for example: 50 diff armour types in the lowest, etc.. and then put like 25 diff armour types in the best class. so that there isn't like "one" supreme armour. what would even be better is, F.e, having armours that are like good attack bonus, but very little defence, etc...

2) Free DLC. GOOD DLC. I'm sick of getting a game, only to hear 1.5 MONTHS LATER (wtf??): "hey folks, we've got a new world you can all download! Yes, ofcourse we could have just put it in the original version, but let's just rip you off for 10$"
Make them free, come on... Or atleast make them good. the 3 more quests on knothole? what a joke.

3) One Big map. the fable II box actually says: "explore! roads are for chumps! Free roam!" durk? you mean like being able 2 free roam in a piece of map being 100 on 100m, filled with small roads that you can't leave...
Just 1 huge map! no aditional loading, just COMPLETE free roaming! how awesome would that be?!
If the map would have like "extra" zones (for example lands only reachable through portals or something), okay, for those extra loading wouldn't be a problem.

4) a world map. and a proper one. Just one big map that fills your WHOLE screen, on which you can move around, zoom in /out, show points of interest etc...

5) more customisation! Your character, houses, towns, weapons, pets...
(style of horns, face, etc...)

6) REAL good and evil... after purchasing the game, I SOOO wanted to look like the badass evil guy on the box... why can't we? I want full control!

7) longer (main) story. the main storyline is way too short =( 4-5 hours...
the sidequests are good, but way too little! side and mainquests should be "flowing" together more... the only 2 examples I can think of are getting more renown for Reaver, and destroying Oakvale for the temple of shadows...

8) more enemies... what have we got in fable 2? Beetles, Balverines, undead and bandits? there should be AT LEAST over 75 types of enemies...

9) bosses... there are like 2? bosses in fable2... and they don't even come close to real "bosses"... the commandant in the spire and the troll at the end of the crucible... MORE bosses; more different styles of them! not just the same boring bull**** like just hack and slash... (f.e shooting the things on trolls?)

10) Different kinds of pets. and customisables... dragons, hawks, horses etc... all with their own strengths and weaknesses... and they should be able to FIGHT!
for example: cats are fast but not that strong, they just deal minor damage and distract the enemies. dogs on the contrary, just bite at them and can really do some damage. birds can blind them and stuff... and you can train them, as they have got their own stats etc...

11) more abilities! not just fiting ones but others aswel... running faster,
jumping higher, better in conversations (persuasion...)
you get what I mean...

12) cooler jobs... jobs that actually do something to you (blacksmith = strength etc...) and not just pressing A in the green zone...

13) more weapons, more spells etc...

14) Better co-op (own heroes etc...), better camera etc...

15) more properties, being able to customise them completely, being able to just buy TOWNS, and FORESTS, CAVES, you get it... and being able to add own uses to different houses... just buying a house and having lot's of different things to use it for... make it a brothel, or a shop or stuff xD

16) adjustable difficulty... no immortality

and some more minor changes such as being able to dual wield weapons, having a shield you can use to block, being able to actually jump and crouch etc..
ohohohoh!!! being able 2 kill children would absolutely own aswel ^^

V

VonVoltaire

1)i actually hated the armor idea because there are people (including me) who like the clothing more then armor and i don't wanna go CLANK CLANK every time i take a step

2)I don't know why all of you like the WoW map idea free roam would make raising the economy in a town harder,there wouldn't be anymore instant "teleport" because the game wouldn't know how much time has passed between the areas

3)I want them to bring back the houses from Fable 1 they were so big i missed out on Gile's Farm and i hate the giant castles and mansion i just want like the houses in Bowerstone and Oakfield to be bigger

4)I want more actions (pat on head, hug, etc) and not the crappy blow kiss wtf i feel mean that all i can do with my kid is dance, lute, and other emotes i want to be able to pick them up (the kid) and stuff and be able to take them to towns with me and not be stuck in one THEY ARE INVINCIBLE!!!!!

5) I hate how big and bulky i get from the health attribute there should be an option for visual effect or not

6) Personally i prefer the waves of enemies over bosses (more hack n slash :p)

7)I love the idea of legendary spells that would be absolutely awesome if they dont add that then at least add the spells from Fable 1 back they were so much better.

8)I hate it with all my heart that people walk into my house and follow me everywhere GO TO YOUR OWN DARN HOUSE the people even say "Don't you have a house of your own to go to" well why cant i say that when they go to my house

9)I didn't know about Cold Comfort Farmer until it was to late so in other words i cant get his big house if u save him i hate that because i really like that house

10)BETTER LOOKING PEOPLE they looked good in Fable 1 but in Fable 2 most of they are ugly best one i found was my 1st char's wife an oakfield barmaid (the younger ones)

and to all the psychos out there that wanna kill kids.....that is just creepy what happened to no women or kids.....ok, no kids but u know what they say pedos r at the bottom of the food chain in jail

Swanny224

Reaction score

I would love the Fable team to go to the old kingdom for Fable III, you'd get Archon's armor and such what, crazy monsters, and the Sword of Aeons again. But that'll never happen

Flee4me

Thomas
Reaction score

VonVoltaire;320282 said:
and to all the psychos out there that wanna kill kids.....that is just creepy what happened to no women or kids.....ok, no kids but u know what they say pedos r at the bottom of the food chain in jail

come on... you have to admit it... you've always wanted to shoot those little buggers calling you arseface etc, didn't you? =)

or perhaps not killable, but just attackable...

respect! for lionhead if they would actually include that ^.^

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

if they do dificulties than normal would be on the level of fable 1. no mounts. no reaver. bring back Jack of Blades an Scythe more weapons better story line and morgan freeman

X

Xeon

Swanny224;320672 said:
I would love the Fable team to go to the old kingdom for Fable III, you'd get Archon's armor and such what, crazy monsters, and the Sword of Aeons again. But that'll never happen

Maybe in a prequel or time travelling DLC

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

Mr.Freeman;318929 said:
Thing that they should do is the abiltly to shut the god damn door to your house so only your family and you can get not every passer by who decides to wonder in to your house.

Armor that gives you defense points or something.

aging of the hero and his spouse and child ( should be reversible through potions)

maybe instead of a dog you can chose an animal you find in the woods or something

I think there should be the option of having no weapons attached to you so basically unarmed and there should be the option of having 2 bladed weapons 2 guns or just magic.

more clothing and customization

larger world and in stead of having loading screens just make a huge world like in world of warcraft so it seems like an actual big land instead a lot of tiny ones.

allow your dog in your house

Yes I absolutely HATE random strangers walking in and blocking my door. They won't even let me out sometimes >_>

Loading every area gets annoying too, but the 360 already lags enough during an intense battle scene so if it had to load the entire map it would run like **** all the time. On a PC version it would be possible.

Jackums

The Commander
Reaction score

- No bugs/glitches
- More hot women
- More choices
- More clothes/hairstyles
- Some new spells
- New creatures/enemies
- The ability to actually look demonic
- Longer storyline
- Uncut sex scenes XP

Chrysalis

Reaction score

More spells and better, including fable 1 spells.
Mana bar.
Make strong augments available earlier in game.
Less weapon rehashes and more unique weapons.
Harder to get money.
Bring back fable 1 TLC trading system but require high guile level to exploit profit from traders.
Bring back armour and armour rating.
Add specific armour strengths/weaknesses so heavier armour slow you down etc. but certian armour make you immune to specific attacks.
Bring back multi slave slots, at least 20 slots.
Have a lot more quests, oblivion style.
Bring back minimap.
Make the game itself more fluid mechanic wise, so fast loading times and reponsive menu.
Revert to fable 1 control system.
Bring back boss fights.
Dont have everyone in towns glue to you like in fable 2, if I go in my house in fable 2 they all follow me in there.
Concentrate on gameplay 1st, sound and music 2nd, graphics last.
Worthwhile treasure in chests, fable 2 had horrific treasures.
Ditch guns, I felt fable 2 was trying to cater for the FPS crowd.

In short go back to fable 1 TLC elements and make a much bigger game of it, needs to have epic feel.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Jackums;321480 said:
- The ability to actually look demonic

I agree here. I was sorely disappointed when I couldn't look like the horned behemoth of a creature we all saw on Fable II's box. The same goes for the cynical asshole we saw on Fable's.

Oh, and while I'm reminded, I would greatly appreciate a nice tweaking of some of the abilities. For Strength, Toughness needs to do more than increase your life bar, it needs to once again make you a little more resistant to damage. Also, when I level up my Physique, I expect to look more toned as well as more massive; instead, in Fable II, I ended up looking fatter.

For Skill, Accuracy needs to do what its name implies: make your shots more accurate, meaning when I zoom in with a low Accuracy, I should have a tough time aiming. Oh, and bring back Guile. Guile was cool.

I also have some ideas for Legendary weapons beyond making them better than non-Legendary weapons by default. I think they should have three legendary weapons for each weapon type: one that's neutral, one that's evil, and one that's good. Obviously, using these weapons will affect your morality accordingly, and will most likely come with fitting augments, names, and appearances.

Another idea I've been batting around is expanding upon the morality and purity things by adding a new layer: reputation. Those with bad reputations are said to be Feared, whereas people with good reputations are considered to be Respected. As with the other two, it's completely independent of your purity and morality; therefore, it's possible to be evil, yet pure and respected, or good, yet corrupt (impure, maybe?) and hated. It also affects your composure; hated players will slouch more, and their idle animations will be affected. Respected players will stand up straight. You can alter your reputation by performing certain expressions and by certain actions, such as running in to people or carrying your weapon around.

Some changes to the horns would be nice as well. I for one miss the old Fable horns. They didn't look ridiculous like Fable II's. Oh, and speaking of horns, whether or not you have them should be based on your morality, not your purity. However, your purity will affect their appearance. If you're corrupt, they're cracked and gnarly looking; if you're pure, they're smooth and possibly shiny. I would also like for some of the effects associated with morality would return, such as the red cloud of malice if you're evil or the ray of light from above if you're good.

It would also be cool if the choices you made in the game affected the world in real-time. For instance, trading a lot in a town will improve it's aesthetic appearance, whereas overcharging people for rent and going on murderous rampages would have a negative effect. It would also be really cool if buildings were built in real time; if you wanted, you could sit there and watch each board and nail be put in place.

Z

Zeratul

I need an epic story for Fable 3 with the Heroes' Guild, Dark Wood, Great Wood. The Shadow Court goes after Reaver and Oakvale back, more quests, jobs, armors(plate,chain like in Fable), clothes, dyes.You can forge your own weapon only the apperance.:)

Sorry for bad english.

A

adrianancheta

Boss Battles

Longer Story

Side Quests [For After the game]

Being Able To use your own Character When joining Other People's Game.

No limit to how far you and your Partner can be from each other.

Being able to interact With the same things your partner can.

Better story.

A

adrianancheta

Can Xbox Support Fable if it had every player in Fable In one world?

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

I liked the idea on the first page about having a FIIII idea button, would protect us from spam.

I also think that every time we kill something, a picture of Megan Fox pops up indefinetely in the corner of our screen. I would also like the option to watch her running slowly from Transformers 2 over and over again when I get bored.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Jakuro;324236 said:
I liked the idea on the first page about having a FIIII idea button, would protect us from spam.

I also think that every time we kill something, a picture of Megan Fox pops up indefinetely in the corner of our screen. I would also like the option to watch her running slowly from Transformers 2 over and over again when I get bored.
^Seconded.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

(Dunno if someone already said this or not, too lazy to read all the comments right now.)

I want a dog, really.
Being able to choose the breed from the start, whether it's Boy or Girl...

I SWEAR TO GOD MOLYNEAUX KILL ANOTHER DOG AND I'LL KILL YOU.

I'd also like not having to choose between my dog and...Nothing?Well there's gold too, but...
The family, while it did indeed suck that they died, could have been re-formed.
You can't get another dog.I've never chosen needs of the many, so I dunno.
Shame on Molyneaux for making us choose between the dog and those...other people.

Another thing that upset me was the...plain story.Hero kills bandits.Hero kills arena.Hero escapes things and shoots old guy.Woo.
The first fable's story was much more Epic, like it was something no-one could even hope to do!
Fable II's could have been done by others, I think.
I mean, Fable I:The hero is put against impossible odds, but gathers up the courage, determination, and ability to stop one of the most powerful beings to ever live.
Fable II: Hero get's shot.Kill's a couple bandits, maybe some guards, then shoots some old dude in the noggin.Wtf?
As the natives of the distant, evil lands of 4chan say...

MOAR

Now, it was good fun, I mean after i'm done here i'm probably going to go play alot more but, it's...Missing something, that spark the first one had, the Magic, the intrigue.Hell, I even miss the "Your health is low." from the Guildmaster, AND THAT WAS ANNOYING.So all in all, bigger, more epic story and i'll be just fine.

"To maintain the silliness of this statement...Boingo boingo woopsie knickers."-Yahtzee

LET ME KILL REAVER DAMNIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.