• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guns vs Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: Guns vs Bows

This is not only about which weapon is better. Its also about blood and ...other parts of body flying through the air moments after you pull the trigger.

B

blue crow

Neither i would rather charge my enemy and kill him with a sword.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, I like cleaving away at my enimies face...Not shooting from afar.

T

TheBlackKnight

I do not like the fact that guns will be in Fable 2. I think they should stick with the bow. How is a mage or warrior supposed to block a bullet?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

TheBlackKnight;39499 said:
I do not like the fact that guns will be in Fable 2. I think they should stick with the bow. How is a mage or warrior supposed to block a bullet?

How is a civilization supposed to advance without things like guns?

D

Darg

TheBlackKnight;39499 said:

I agree in a way, though I cannot help being eager about the changes that may take place. Who knows? Perhaps it's a move you can learn as a warrior to block bullets with a very high speed skill. With mages, it a given that they could have a spell to stop bullets, or even redirect them! I could just imagine a bandit shooting at you with a musket loader and you blowing it back in his face! :)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Darg;39517 said:
I agree in a way, though I cannot help being eager about the changes that may take place. Who knows? Perhaps it's a move you can learn as a warrior to block bullets with a very high speed skill. With mages, it a given that they could have a spell to stop bullets, or even redirect them! I could just imagine a bandit shooting at you with a musket loader and you blowing it back in his face! :)

Exactly. Nice Twist. :D:thumbsup:

D

Darg

Along with the possibility of guns, there need to be some setbacks. You can't have a blunderbuss oldschool weapon work perfectly fine all the time. There could be a skill devoted completely to using firearms, and how good you are at using them. If you have a low skill, sometimes it backfires or doesn't function correctly. Nooby bandits beware!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Let’s not over romanticize what a gun is capable of doing. The damage varies greatly depending on the caliber bullet and we’re not talking high powered rifles here. Through in some armor and magic and anything but the best placed shot is not going have much of an effect. If you also consider the skill or lack there of guns will probably be on the same par as other weapons.

All that being said I still want one J

S

Secia_Lunegaze

I would like dual handguns... but the one thing I REALLY want in Fable 2 is Daggers. I know, weak, but they could be INSANEly fast, combine with a high strength, speed, multi-hit, and berserk and you have a dance of death ^.^

C

ChikenChaser001

I'm sure the guns that are in the game are those crappy single shot ones, so they'll have a longer reload time, but will be significantly stronger like the crossbows were in fable 1. either way i look forward to making heads explode, but at the same time i don't want bows to be taken out because i love the "silent but deadly" kill too.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

I've came across pictures on the internet on a female hero holding a gun that looked like a 6 shot revolver.......... just strange or useful?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Secia_Lunegaze;39632 said:
I would like dual handguns... but the one thing I REALLY want in Fable 2 is Daggers. I know, weak, but they could be INSANEly fast, combine with a high strength, speed, multi-hit, and berserk and you have a dance of death ^.^

Maybe you could bring a dagger into a town like bowerstone as well.

Another thought I had is how you aim them. I almost always choose bows because of their speed but I'm using Arken's Crossbow in my current game and it aims differently than the bow(when zoomed in). I wonder how the guns will aim?

Status
Not open for further replies.