• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guns vs Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Guns vs Bows

fablefreak1;37240 said:
I never said anything....

Thats right.... you didnt :shifty: :sly:

E

element1

back to topic, I would rather use bows cuz guns have to reload (i know bows do to but they are faster) and that would take some time. In the revolutionary war guns could shooot like 7 times a minute and this is earlier so it might take longer to shoot one shot

F

Fable-kid

Dark Drakan;34076 said:
Im sure if they incorperated Guns into the game they would not have bows aswel as in 500 Years in sure they would be pretty dated.

Hey we have bows in this day and age why wouldent they?:ninja: :p :ninja:

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Heres the facts
(Guns)
take a slower time to reload
Have faster fire rate
Are stronger (damage)
Can be any range group
Are not stealthy
(Bows)
Have faster reload time
Can only shoot one arrow at a time (without magic)
Are usually weaker
Are 9 times out of 10 long range
Are very stealthy

There both are very equal they have there ups and downs.​

O

Oni_Azif

ill be sportin a bow for my assassin charecters deffinantly
but im intrested to see how the guns work out and if there common through out albion.

H

Hexadecimal

Oni_Azif;37579 said:
ill be sportin a bow for my assassin charecters deffinantly
but im intrested to see how the guns work out and if there common through out albion.

hey there and welcome :D

... that's actually a good point.. never really wondered about how common guns will be in Fable 2, like whether they will be something for heros only, or if they've handed them out to every nut in Albion... if they'll give on to me they'll give one to anyone...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Fable-kid;37391 said:
Hey we have bows in this day and age why wouldent they?:ninja: :p :ninja:

Got a point but how confident would you be going into a war with a bow in your hand?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

What if it was magically enhanced? I wonder how much damage guns will do compared to bow and arrow here are some ideas.

Skorm's Bow 264
Vetterli Rifle 240
Arken's Crossbow 220
Master Longbow 180
Blunderbuss 190
Master Crossbow 200
Ebony Longbow 130
Musket 140
Ebony Crossbow150
Oak Longbow 90
Revolver 100
Oak Crossbow 110
Yew Longbow 60
Pistols 70
Yew Crossbow 80

Flame away Flamey McFlamerson

D

Darg

Guns or bows? hmmmm. As some of you have said bows= stealth, guns= well, you can figure it out. True as this may be, I believe guns would be a welcome addition to the Fable universe. Evil swashbucklers could hack and slash and finish their foes off with a brilliant burst of gunpowder. Heroic travellers could run and duck from bandits with musket loaders as they fire off dual revolvers. Guns- why not? I just hope for assassins' sake that bows return. They'll be around anyway, seeing as some people probably cannot afford firearms and hunt with them better. Whatever transpires, ranged combat in Fable 2 is going to turn out interesting.

A

Arckon

Gun or bow, What if is said slingshot? I'd mostlikly go for a bow at most times depending on the enemy

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

If there are guns I'm sure there will be a reason that you would want to use it over a bow and vice versa. One of the cool things in this game id that there are few if any useless items

D

Darg

Useless items? We need a truck-load of interactive items here! You should be able to pick up a piece of paper and scrawl out a note if you have a quill pen, or you should be able to read a book, sit in a chair or even scale a wall. This is what Fable 2 needs more of in my opinion.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Useless items? Are you saying that bows and guns are useless?:(

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

If that was directed towards me I think that there are few if any useless items in the game. That varies greatly by perspective though. In other words I think that there will be both and they both will be cool to have.

F

FableFreak

Of course every item has a meaning in Fable. Wait, I retract that statement... the stick is only useful until the end of the first test at the guild.

I

Ivan

I prefer the gun/rifle. Bow is more stealthy and your enemies dont know what hit them and dont **** in their pants.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Ivan;39147 said:
I prefer the gun/rifle. Bow is more stealthy and your enemies dont know what hit them and dont **** in their pants.

Thats a good point.

F

FableFreak

TRA Rotid;39229 said:
Thats a good point.

I don't see the point....

Also he said he preferred guns but then he states how the bow is better. He just contradicted himself there.

I will redirect you to my previous post, for those who haven't seen it

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

fablefreak1;34231 said:
Thinking in a historical way bows, crossbows, and muskets (along w/ arquebusiers, and hand cannons) all fought side by side between the 1300's and late 1500's and even later than that. See, bows have long range accuracy over early muskets, crossbows have power and range over longbows, but muskets have stopping power and long range over both sinew powered weapons. So here is an easy guide:

Longbows/Bows:

Good:
Long range accuacy
Awesome fire rate
Bad:
Weak stopping power
Bad at close range

Crossbows:

Good:
Good stopping power
Good at close range
Good at long range

Bad:
Difficult to load
Slow fire rate

Muskets:

Good:
Incredible stopping power
Good range
Awesome "carnage" effect
Mildly effective at close range

Bad:
Terrible fire rate
Hard to reload in a fight

I

Ivan

I wanted to say that the bow doesnt make noise. Thats why the gun/rifle is better. When you shoot someone with a bow and miss he may not know that someone is tryng to kill him. But with the rifle/gun is very different. If you miss the first time the victim can attack you or **** in the pants. This is more interesting. Screaming in fear and running away victim, or angry and coming for you enemy is better than standing like a dummy, dont you thik?!

Status
Not open for further replies.