• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Guns vs Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Re: Guns vs Bows

They might have crossbows.

F

FableFreak

Thinking in a historical way bows, crossbows, and muskets (along w/ arquebusiers, and hand cannons) all fought side by side between the 1300's and late 1500's and even later than that. See, bows have long range accuracy over early muskets, crossbows have power and range over longbows, but muskets have stopping power and long range over both sinew powered weapons. So here is an easy guide:

Longbows/Bows:

Good:
Long range accuacy
Awesome fire rate
Bad:
Weak stopping power
Bad at close range

Crossbows:

Good:
Good stopping power
Good at close range
Good at long range

Bad:
Difficult to load
Slow fire rate

Muskets:

Good:
Incredible stopping power
Good range
Awesome "carnage" effect
Mildly effective at close range

Bad:
Terrible fire rate
Hard to reload in a fight

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

+ rep for that from me.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mainly because I didn't know any of it :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah that was best way to explain it FableFreak +rep.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

ahhhh thats better now i completly understand bows and guns are both "strong" but in there own ways....... you have spells for swords and bows ( multi-arrow, multi-attack) i wonder if they will have any spells for guns?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34271 said:
ahhhh thats better now i completly understand bows and guns are both "strong" but in there own ways....... you have spells for swords and bows ( multi-arrow, multi-attack) i wonder if they will have any spells for guns?

Yeah thats correct and what we were trying to explain, id imagine some form of spell would be a must have.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

New question. Augmentations in a gun......... now I dont know about that ive looked it up and some sites say that your guns cant have augs. and other sites say you can....... I wonder if you can. also I hope they have new augmentations like an ice aug. that when you hit an opponent so much he freezes solid or a range aug. where you can throw a slice 5 feet away from an opponent and it still hit him.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Adam;34274 said:
New question. Augmentations in a gun......... now I dont know about that ive looked it up and some sites say that your guns cant have augs. and other sites say you can....... I wonder if you can. also I hope they have new augmentations like an ice aug. that when you hit an opponent so much he freezes solid or a range aug. where you can throw a slice 5 feet away from an opponent and it still hit him.

Would be interesting and chances are the rounds would have augs as from that trailer the girl shoots a balverine style creature in the mouth (well she puts her gun in its mouth) and Balverines die by silver so....

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;34275 said:
Would be interesting and chances are the rounds would have augs as from that trailer the girl shoots a balverine style creature in the mouth (well she puts her gun in its mouth) and Balverines die by silver so....
A silver bullet......... way off topic but Do you think theyll be vampires my friend says there will be but I highly dought it.

F

FableFreak

Adam;34277 said:
A silver bullet......... way off topic but Do you think theyll be vampires my friend says there will be but I highly dought it.

Yeah, don't believe fruitless gossip. Especially about Fable 2. Only belive what Peter Molyneaux says because he is the mastermind of it all.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

so long as it doesn't become a shooter :sick:>.<

F

FableFreak

Albion Knight;34284 said:
so long as it doesn't become a shooter :sick:>.<

Do you honestly think they would let that happen?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;34286 said:
Do you honestly think they would let that happen?
Not in a million

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Um something else off topic but is there such a thing as an xbox mod ive heard of pc mods for Fable TLC is there one for an xbox? So do you think they will have gun training in the guild.

F

FableFreak

Adam;34288 said:
Um something else off topic but is there such a thing as an xbox mod ive heard of pc mods for Fable TLC is there one for an xbox? So do you think they will have gun training in the guild.

You can 'mod' your xbox, but there is no "mods" for Fable. The difference between 'mod' and "mods" is this. To 'mod' ones xbox is to give it a new motherboard/harddrive which costs about 200 dollars. I'm sure you know what "mods'' are. BTW there will be no one guild, this is unconfirmed but there is supposed to be seperate, smaller guilds across Albion. DOn't belive that until you know its true though. This will be in no way like the first Fable so don't expect any of the same features, please just don't make any false hopes or create an idol of what you want Fable 2 to be like. But don't worry, the project is in great hands.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Ok so guns or not Fable two will definatly be an eye opener.

F

FableFreak

Well, there most likely will be guns. But not vampires. F*ck vampires.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

fablefreak1;34302 said:
Well, there most likely will be guns. But not vampires. F*ck vampires.

Especially the hot ones.:w00t: I wonder if you'll have to marry them first.. oh wait that's not what you meant! nevermind:p

V

Vegeta

Albion Knight;34344 said:
Especially the hot ones.:w00t: I wonder if you'll have to marry them first.. oh wait that's not what you meant! nevermind:p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.