• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could do anything and get away with it...

Reaction score
Well you know how it goes, according to the bible when God can't move something/someone he usually just destroys it/him/her out of spite.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
But..... he could make a bolder he couldn't lift, then make himself able to lift it, so he's not unable to lift it anymore, but he couldn't lift it before, so he still couldn't lift it, but now he can.

:)

No but if that happens then he can indeed lift it.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
But he couldn't before so he couldn't.

Hobbe you're not understanding one thing: He can make it so that he can lift it. Ergo, he can lift it. Adding an extra step to the process doesn't make both statements true.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Hobbe you're not understanding one thing: He can make it so that he can lift it. Ergo, he can lift it. Adding an extra step to the process doesn't make both statements true.

It does because he can't lift it at first, and he changes the properties of himself so TECHNICALLY he isn't himself anymore. So HE can lift it but his inferior past self cannot.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It....doesn't work that way, Hobbes.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Yeah Hobbe, you fail at logic :p

Let's say I can lift 20 kilograms, and not 30. However, if I'm able to train hard enough to lift it in two weeks, I can lift it. All in all, the object that weighs 30 kilograms is ableto be lifted, even if I couldn't before.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Yeah Hobbe, you fail at logic :p

Let's say I can lift 20 kilograms, and not 30. However, if I'm able to train hard enough to lift it in two weeks, I can lift it. All in all, the object that weighs 30 kilograms is ableto be lifted, even if I couldn't before.

But... you couldn't. Then you made yourself able to. Whichever way you put the sentence:

"I couldn't lift it"

It still means... he could make a bolder he couldn't lift.

"God made a bolder he couldn't lift"

So... it works.

:troll:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
But if God(or any other supposed omnipotent being) creates a boulder he can not lift he is not omnipotent. That's the omnipotence paradox.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
But... you couldn't. Then you made yourself able to. Whichever way you put the sentence:

"I couldn't lift it"

It still means... he could make a bolder he couldn't lift.

"God made a bolder he couldn't lift"

So... it works.

:troll:

Listen, Hobbe, if God is omnipotent he should be able to do anything. Including creating a boulder that can not ever, not in eternity, by no one and I mean no one at all, be lifted. NEH-VAR. Just... unliftable. Even God shouldn't be able to, even if he tried to make himself able to. Then, if he after some magic spell is able to, even if he couldn't lift it before, the boulder does not meet the criteria of not being able to be lifted by anyone EVER, because it was lifted by someone, within eternity.

mr man

The local mind controller
Reaction score
god is what ever i believe him/her to be and i believe for that moment that hes a wuss

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Listen, Hobbe, if God is omnipotent he should be able to do anything. Including creating a boulder that can not ever, not in eternity, by no one and I mean no one at all, be lifted. NEH-VAR. Just... unliftable. Even God shouldn't be able to, even if he tried to make himself able to. Then, if he after some magic spell is able to, even if he couldn't lift it before, the boulder does not meet the criteria of not being able to be lifted by anyone EVER, because it was lifted by someone, within eternity.

But God can do whatever the **** he wants, so if he really wanted to he could make a boulder that he just... couldn't lift. And that is the end of that.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
But what if he wants to lift said boulder? He can't. As such omnipotence is an impossibility.

And that's the end of that.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
But he wouldn't want to lift the boulder, would he?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Can I have a boulder?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You mean this here boulder, of which there are countless billions just outside my house?

No, it's mine!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Do not come between a pregnant woman and her boulder. NOW GIMME!

Reaction score
I'd take some police riot gear and a duster coat, then make myself some NCR veteran ranger armour out of it.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
You mean this here boulder, of which there are countless billions just outside my house?

No, it's mine!

Seeing as the title of this thread is "If you could do anything and get away with it....."

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Turn Bin Laden in to Aquaman