• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Middle School...

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score
Re: Middle School...

It's 50,001... :lol: Well.. I have read maps easy since I was little... so sorry.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;130899 said:
I have to go back to school on Tuesday :'(
... I'm rather nervous... a campus of 50,000 people has me a bit wary... I'm certain I'll get lost at least a half dozen times :lol:

As i said yesterday im sure you will be fine after a while. Ive never been to anywhere that size and i got lost at high school a lot for a couple of weeks but the teachers should understand if your late. Everyone is new at some point and everyone would be lost in a place that size at some point. Hopefully blocks/buildings and rooms are clearly marked to help people find places as for somewhere that big it has to be expected.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Random responses to the past few pages:

Seeing friends at school? Of the people who I still count among my friends, two go to different schools in the same county as each other but different from me; and one moved something like 45 minutes away and goes to school in a county different from me or my other two friends. And I don't even talk to those people that much, so I'm not sure how I get away with calling them my friends.

Languages? My school has German (no idea why), Spanish (makes a good deal of sense, we have a number Spanish-speakers in the area and more to the south), French (makes some sense, since French is still spoken by groups of some size in Louisiana, US; Maine, US; and then a number of places in Canada (Quebec, of course, but I also heard New Brunswick and Nova Scotia), and Latin (makes a fractional amount of sense since so much is based on it even if it is dead). I took two years of Spanish, one of Latin and of the minimal amount I learned I remember pretty much nothing beyond a very little vocabulary. Maybe I'd have remembered more if I had kept taking Spanish, but I just did so badly I wanted to get out of it. Barely passed, and I cheated like crazy with online translators.

And yeah, technically there's a difference between college and university here, too; but it only shows up in the names of the places and some terms. We just kinda refer to them all as colleges. The only thing I can think of that's not a name that differentiates is the phrase "Historically Black Colleges and Universities."

Hell, we even have things like "University of Maryland University College." What in the hell does THAT mean???

The biggest school I've ever been to population-wise was my third elementary school (I went to three total because of redistricting for new schools), where there was something between three and four thousand kids my last year. Way overcrowded. We had something like thirty temps sitting in the parking lot.

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;131041 said:
and then a number of places in Canada (Quebec, of course, but I also heard New Brunswick and Nova Scotia)

Canada is a Bilingual nation actually... it's not just "a number of places", it's the whole nation, just some use English as the common tongue and some use French ;)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Cool. I thought it was just some provinces. My mistake. That explains why so many of our Canadian fellow-tourists spoke French when we went up to Maine over the summer. Well, the tourists and a bunch of the people working in all the stores and restaurants and stuff.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;130869 said:
Religious Studies - kind of controversial if people don`t know whats it for. They want to but it in our system, but most of the students think it`s meant for converting us into christians. And theres been some cases where teachers basically force their religion on students.
I personally like history and to learn different religions (as far as theres not too much Christianity). But still I don`t want it because it would add another lesson to our enough long learning hours.
Here, religious studies is not varied enough in my opinion - I am absolutely fascinated by many other religions and find the mythology, history and culture engrossing. We did the five major religions of Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism and Christianity but also had some people from The Moonies, the Ba'Hai faith and Christian Scientists who were somewhat interesting...the only trouble we had really was this one teacher who was an Atheist and ridiculed every single other religion - even made one poor Hindu girl cry by mocking her gods which was bang out of order - and used to downgrade students who didn't share her beliefs. She got sacked eventually after some Muslims complained to the school about her dubious teaching methods, but not before we all got an A in our final exams which really ticked her off :lol:

I really love Hinduism and the Ancient Greek gods - the stories alone are incredible and really enjoyable. As all my neighbours were either Muslim or Hindu, we got to share in a lot of their religious festivals too which was great fun and all the dressing up was wicked :D