• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Bows in Fable 2

suffering

Reaction score
Re: No Bows in Fable 2

grapeshot!!! the early shotgun dammit! any game with guns is not complete without a shotgun

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Think about the strategy of it... You see a group of three enemies, two with swords and one with a gun. They are twenty metres away. The dog runs up to them and distracts one swordsmen while you shoot the gunman. The other two turn out of shock at their now dead friend, and the dog bites one of their legs. He falls down, bleeding from his leg while the other guy turns on your dog, all the while you've been moving close enough to behead him with your sword. Don't even need a crossbow. :D

D

Darg

I seriously agree with people like Drakan on this matter. If it's coming straight from someone who's played the game and they say the bow doesn't work in it, it has nothing whatsoever to do with real life logic. In videogames, the limitations of everyday do not apply, and if you're still going to complain about it, realize that this is not the same Fable. I think it will be an interesting change for gameplay in general and I don't really question it all that much.

PSYCHOPAT

Celtic Warrior
Reaction score

cannons would be a hard wepon to carry around i would amagine.
im not glad they got rid of the classic bows, but im shure they have somthing good on their sleeve.

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Well, yeah, I assume they mean it doesn't work right in the game world. I'm just pointing out how it works in real life as well. I'm fine with the decision, it's just the logic people are using wasn't really working.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

PSYCHOPAT;140249 said:
cannons would be a hard wepon to carry around i would amagine.
im not glad they got rid of the classic bows, but im shure they have somthing good on their sleeve.
I was thinking more like on a castle of a Pirate Ship

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Man no bows, well i hope they add Cannons then :devil: (Crowsbows FTL!!)

R

RPG player

It would be cool if there are Pistols,Cannons,Ballistas,Kunai,Shuriken, rocks:D

M

mviku1

its silly because the english longbow was much more powerful than a crossbow and had a longer range

K

killakaun

I think it would be sweet not to have bows and there just not in the right time period its 500 years after its like how many people would rather hunt with a bow instead of a gun and they wouldn't give guns ammo it would cause people to use them less

R

Raen

andythegill;140173 said:
No actually, ok yes but only a few are fast loaders thats a common mistake folks make, a bow would be a better choice, lander range and more agile where as a crossbow has accuracy but is clunky.

exactly, + its easier for me to make decapitations with a bow than a crossbow.:)

X

xboxps2man

no long bows :O :( :'( (goes into corner and cries) ok im back no long bows!!:realmad: im mad now down ewith fable guns long live long bows!!!

D

Darg

I don't really know on this one, but I'd just kind of leave it up to them. If an actual tester of the game says they didn't work out all that well, then maybe they truly didn't, despite all normal limitations- Fable doesn't have to be all by-the-book ya know. Chicken kicking contests? Giant wasps? You tell me if it's all that logical...

N

NickF2Fan

i think this gun thing is a big risk. Fable has bein a awesome medieval RPG but think will it make a good highwaymen age? guns sorta spoil it for me i hope the melle wepons are still awesome. if not im gonna have a fit.

xboxps2man;142408 said:
no long bows :O :( :'( (goes into corner and cries) ok im back no long bows!!:realmad: im mad now down ewith fable guns long live long bows!!!
dude u can just play fable 1 or fable :TLC lol.

A

Arcturius

well they did say the crossbows would be more advanced so maybe they are 1 handed now. and you can duel weild them =P

p.s. I will bet any of you $5 that you can get a repeater crossbow in fable 2.

H

Hexadecimal

Arcturius;145116 said:
well they did say the crossbows would be more advanced so maybe they are 1 handed now. and you can duel weild them =P

p.s. I will bet any of you $5 that you can get a repeater crossbow in fable 2.

how exactly does one dual wield a crossbow? o_O:wacko:

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

There are pistol-sized crossbows. I don't really know anything about them, but I'm reasonably sure they existed.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Truth is if they wanted to have bows in Fable 2 they could make it work
maybe there's some other reason that they won't be in the game. I'm still going to love playing it over and over and over again =D

I

Ignignokt

/wrists (///_-). I have to admit I was quite crushed when I heard the news about the lack of bows in Fable 2, being an avid bow enthusiast and archer myself. But the guns don't sound all that bad...could be kind of enjoyable. Think of the new, awesome head shots you'd get with a cannon; brings a tear to your eye, doesn't it?

H

Hexadecimal

Walker;145554 said:
There are pistol-sized crossbows. I don't really know anything about them, but I'm reasonably sure they existed.

so... you just crank it back with your teeth then... trying hard not to impale your own face? o_O
... practical and efficient... how could you go wrong? :w00t: