• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No Bows in Fable 2

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score
Re: No Bows in Fable 2

They have crossbows.:unsure: I saw one in a video.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

Guns and rifles are pretty cool to use though :D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying the guns too. I just loved the crossbow, also.:)

B

Blue Will

I kinda expected there not to be bows as i hadn't seen any in videos etc, but i think the guns will look good, especially if there will be legendary guns!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever;197346 said:
They have crossbows.:unsure: I saw one in a video.

Damn, this thread has been necromanced AGAIN!

Anyway, where did you see that video? Do you remember? Because I haven't seen any.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

It was on the heros' back in one of the last videos. I know they put back the crossbow, cause to many people wanted a bow. Maybe it was Jimbos'? I just got a glimpse of it. There's so many videos.:unsure:

K

Kikuichimonji

In Fable, though there was a huge firing delay with the crossbows as opposed to almost instant fire with a longbow.

In other news, crossbows during their later years had cranks to load them and it took about a minute for a strong man to load it for firing. As opposed to a slow albeit less labor intensive wad-powder-ball-tamper method of loading a blunderbuss or a musket or a circa-1700's rifle; about 30 seconds for a trained rifleman. So I think a Fable II gun will fire faster than one of it's crossbows.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

Kikuichimonji;197489 said:
In Fable, though there was a huge firing delay with the crossbows as opposed to almost instant fire with a longbow.

In other news, crossbows during their later years had cranks to load them and it took about a minute for a strong man to load it for firing. As opposed to a slow albeit less labor intensive wad-powder-ball-tamper method of loading a blunderbuss or a musket or a circa-1700's rifle; about 30 seconds for a trained rifleman. So I think a Fable II gun will fire faster than one of it's crossbows.

I hope so... lol.. i don't want to just stand there and take alot of damage when i reload my gun :p

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever said:
It was on the heros' back in one of the last videos. I know they put back the crossbow, cause to many people wanted a bow. Maybe it was Jimbos'? I just got a glimpse of it. There's so many videos.:unsure:

Yeah, that's what I suspected. [sigh] I'll just have to wait until October or some day when I get really bored and go re-watch all the movies to find out.

Kikuichimonji;197489 said:

Are you talking rifle or smoothbore? And you talking minie (there should be a little ` one the e, but I'm lazy) balls or not? Changing those factors changes it bigtime. And I'm not sure about your thirty seconds, because I'm too lazy to check. Sorry. Oh, and if you use pre-prepared cartridges or measure-and-pour or pre-measured but no cartridges or whatever also affects it.

But the thing is, they don't really care all that much about realism, and from the looks of things the reloading is going to be very unrealistic and very easy.

K

Kikuichimonji

@ Walker: You're right about the neglect for realism, but as long as there are pepper-box revolvers (like on the game cover) I'll be happy.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I loved Bows.. Now im sad.. :'(

J

jobadobflobjob

Why does everyone love that godddamned bow so much is it really that much cooler firing a bow than a gun???

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

jobadobflobjob;198659 said:
Why does everyone love that godddamned bow so much is it really that much cooler firing a bow than a gun???

I've done both, and I'd have to say... no. They're different things, both very cool.

C

Cmoney361

Well I can't see it being fair to call bows silly in a world where you can use magic. I mean I can see it why it would be stupid in a normal world that had guns but come on this is a fantasy rpg. You can give people bows that shoot arrows powerful enough to take bandits' heads off if you want to. They sure did in the 1st one.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Cmoney361;199718 said:
Well I can't see it being fair to call bows silly in a world where you can use magic. I mean I can see it why it would be stupid in a normal world that had guns but come on this is a fantasy rpg. You can give people bows that shoot arrows powerful enough to take bandits' heads off if you want to. They sure did in the 1st one.

LOL, yeah, you got a point there.:p I just wonder if we still get multi arrow? My favorite spell.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Cmoney361;199718 said:

It actually wasn't all that ridiculous in the real world. Under the right circumstances, bows-- which shot faster-- could beat guns-- which shot farther. Ambush, anyone?

But yes, I agree with the main point of what you say-- they could've kept longbows.

M

moneymaker821

thats kinda lame i like shoting a long bow it makes me feel like a super hero or a ninja, but then again the flintlock pistol makes me feel like a pirate

M

moneymaker821

it would be cool to have a lever action rifle but they dont exist until later on in history

F

feral wolf

wonder if there will be a flamethrower the chinese had them first as well as rockets. only a possibility

M

moneymaker821

yes i see where your going with that..... burn em all