• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Open your damn eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KmAI

Open your damn eyes

Apollogies for the title, I'm trying to do this as civil as possible, but I know it will grab more attention and likely make more people read this.

Why do I need more people to read this?

Judging by past actions this should be removed, or edited within 24 hours.

I'm sure nobody noticed or really gave a damn, but for this past month or so I haven been posting much? I'm curious what the mods have to say on this more than the community, and Drakan, as from what I've seen he's been out of the loop more than once.

On January 22nd. I was banned indefinately (something that NEVER.. happens without warning on this site. I can proudly be the first) for this post:

KmAI;156314 said:
Alright, I was thinking I was just following a trend of sarcasm with the many, "It was beautiful" "I cried".

Here's the Angelsafe sarcasm free criticism:

I don't understand why you even call it a poem.
It seems to try and have a rhyme scheme, that's entirely based off of repeating the same word: you. This word ends every stanza which holds no measurable meter or rhythm. It doesn't seem vaguely postmodern, ironic or anything that could shove it into "free verse" and even that tends to have some merit. In your last poetry posting I asked did you want to be treated with respect and honest critique or empty praise yet I received no reply.

In a response to the reply to my post that came within 3 minutes of mine to try to shut it down : Be worried when I do subscribe to the Orwellian happy talk and empty praise. That means I think the person is too much of an idiot or too fragile to receive honesty.

Triz asked for opinions on his poetry, I gave one that was just teasing his rhyming scheme previous, which lead to a response within 3 minutes by Angel.. therefor the above was stated.

Now, seeing as there's been a strange lack of leeway in anything I say with Angel since I spoke up on the hex thread, I sat my *** down and watched the online.php page. Needless to say, shortly afterwards I see her in the administrator's tools. The next morning I recieve the screen "your username has been banned" blah blah blah.

I'm left with no way to contact anyone in regards to finding out why I'm banned, so I had to get Drakan's email through a friend. Drakan did not see any reason I was banned, though citing personal troubles there was a bit of a delay in me getting reinstated. (I thank and respect the fact he actually did do it though).

I returned with a simple post refering to the fact that ever since I've been banned my access to this site has been strangled. As if my IP was recieving a very limited amount of access from the server side (as moving to another house I was given the same flawless access as before)

After I cited the fact that I actually could get through despite the horribly slowed content : Every link I clicked redirected me to the "rules" annoucement as some sort of happy hint.

As the case is now : I have to use a proxy to access the site, and any access I do have is stifled shut up or destroyed within the day.

I am never vulgar for the sake of vulgar, I bring no hostility to this site, I only bring my own defense when my personal liberty is at question. So, the only thing I can do seeing as the one who denys it sits in the admin chair (I am referring to ProjectEgo and Angel as one as I've rarely seen independant/differing opinions from the two, so for all functional purposes they act as one with double the votes) is get on my soap box and shout out the fact that I am being abused and hope that it draws some attention from those who work underneath the egos. Drakan, I'm sure you'd like to actually have a voice in matters rather than just be the formal yet ignorable unanimous vote?

Failing this, this post is like the thrashing of some poor idiot caught in the tide.

If you have any questions or comments, leave them.. please. I'd like to hear every last bit I can in here, the more the posts the harder it is to suppress.

B

blue crow

Re: Open your damn eyes

I agree and i disagree. I agree being sarcastic should get you banned. I mean a lot of people use sarcasm here includeing me. I disagree cause the sarcasm you used was mean.

S

Solus

I have had problems accessing this site before, but it wasn't because of this site. I was able to solve the problem, and if you have a similar problem I may be able to help you, just send me a PM.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

..I don't see how you're being abused in any way shape or form. :unsure:

K

KmAI

You mean "shouldn't" and I'm sorry, but it was in no way mean spirited. I believe through coddling people there is no learning. I was being honest. I honestly don't harbor any dislike for triz. It may come off as such but really, he's just a kid. I don't blame him for any of the empty posts or anything, they're being encouraged by the egos.. so he has no basis for improving. But still, if he is on the forum for a game thats marked "mature" I figure, if his parents think he's old enough to swing around an axe, shoot people's heads off and play a game with digital humping.. then he's mature enough to take an honest critique of what he posts to the public forum

K

KmAI

I have had problems accessing this site before, but it wasn't because of this site. I was able to solve the problem, and if you have a similar problem I may be able to help you, just send me a PM.
If you read the post rather than skimmed it, I've addressed the source. Living with a compsci-geek for 18 years I'd like for you to assume I'm competant. It was nothing in my temp, I've used seperate computers same location, it wasn't my ISP. I know the problem was serverside.

K

KmAI

Seriously Seph? No recognition of the fact they've went above and beyond server policy, above the head of one of their admins (who actually pays a portion of the server fee) to ban someone indefinately with no warning whatsoever? No attempt to resolve the problem on any civil level, jut abrupt and unquestionable censorship? The fact that I'm able to post right now is a testament to the fact that Drakan agrees I was expelled on unfair grounds.

F

FableFreak

:w00t:

Hey Hex!

Gimme a minute to read your whole post, its a lot to take in.

K

KmAI

Oh.. as an extra reply to solus' "maybe it was coincidental" approach to my access issues : How do you explain the fact that everything redirected me to the rules annoucement? Strange issue for my computer to start acting up.. Sorry if I was less practical in my reply and rather just appealing to authority.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

No I don't. Because
1) I don't know the server policy.
2) I didn't know someone went above the heads of one of the admins. I didn't know they had to have a group meeting when they ban a member.
And as I already said to hex, if I can't see all aspects of a problem. And I don't know the whole story, then it's not very easy for me to see any abuse. I'm not you, I haven't experienced what has happened to you on this website. But if you think you're being abused, then I hope things will be resolved. I don't like conflicts, and never have. There's no need for it.

F

FableFreak

I do agree with Seph when it comes to the whole "abuse" arguement, but I don't know the whole story, so I can't say anything. This seems all a bit extreme, on both the Admins/Mods side and yours Hex. I don't see why you guys couldn't resolve this away from the general population of the members. I also never thought you were mean Hex, ****, I was and still am one of the biggest assholes on here. That title is a doubled edged sword, but anyway, I never found you to be mean. Sarcastic? Yes. Mean? No.

K

KmAI

Freak.. if you want, I can give you some wonderful webcam confirmation I'm not hex. You should know this, you're the only one I've sent a PM to, and it was during the time Noelle was still online. I have attempted to resolve, this with one of the admins and have recieved access to the forum, but I found my access still crippled the moment I abided to his "don't stir ****" request. Which really I had no intention of doing. I was going to reopen the bard competition and be a nice little contributer to their site. But then they censored me.. which is like flicking every single individual hornet in the nest and then standing there covered in honey. I can post a picture of myself in whatever whacky pose it takes for you to understand I'm not noelle.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Then who are you?

S

Solus

KmAI;162404 said:
If you read the post rather than skimmed it, I've addressed the source. Living with a compsci-geek for 18 years I'd like for you to assume I'm competant. It was nothing in my temp, I've used seperate computers same location, it wasn't my ISP. I know the problem was serverside.

Well, Sorry I didn't read the whole post, large amounts of bull**** make my eyes hurt. I honestly don't think the admins would do anything to cause your computer to malfunction, maybe consider other sites you have visited?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Solus;162415 said:
Well, Sorry I didn't read the whole post, large amounts of bull**** make my eyes hurt. I honestly don't think the admins would do anything to cause your computer to malfunction, maybe consider other sites you have visited?

.. Yeah, like Sharon & Steve would actually plant a virus to allow that person's computer to malfunction.

I really don't get the whole point of all this conspiracy bull**** this person is trying to pull, or basically the same assumptions that Hex always made on msn.

F

FableFreak

Oh, you came off sounding like Hex. Well tell her I say hi!

BTW, this all eats s*** hard. Things have been twisted so much I don't even know what the MAIN conflict is anymore.

B

blu phoenix

As far as sarcasm goes, the use of it, if highly offensive somehow, should only get you a warning, and if necessary you would be asked to give formal apology to those you offended somehow, from what I've seen and heard. However since I don't know the full story, I can't say much, but I've never heard or seen this sort of action from the admins before, so I'm stumped on this matter.:hmm::unsure:

Also there are other sarcastic members on this forum, and they haven't been banned to my knowledge, so perhaps you did something else to cause a ban, but I honestly don't know....:hmm::unsure:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I've never had a problem with KmAI, he never seemed mean just real sarcastic. Some of his posts are hilarious.:lol:
When he was banned, I did notice he was given no warning or anything so I only assumed there was some sort of PM conversation going on behind the scenes.

I did read your entire post, because I was also curious as to where you had disappeared off to.

I'm sure you'll be able to sort everything out with Steve and Sharon though. Just be a little bit more patient and everything man, probably a misunderstanding of sorts! ^_^

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Solus;162420 said:
If you honestly don't know, he/she(?) believes that Steve and Sharon hacked his/her(I don't know!!) computer :rolleyes::lol:

From the looks of it, it was probably an IP ban, not a silly computer hack.

And it's not Hex, it's her 'new boyfriend' Matt, stabbing Andy in the back when hes been nothing but civil and mature over the whole thing...

So yeah, all those ridiculous assumptions he's throwing out there, can be put in the trash along with his personal character.

K

KmAI

I'm sorry. Gikoku. Your posts are ignorant of everything I said and now followed with a lame logical fallacy to try and discredit me. At no time did I accuse them of hacking, or accessing my computer in any way. At no point did I say anything conspiracy. I am not accusing them of any personal bias. I am only confronting them on points I have a leg to stand on. Please. Read my post. you're really twisting my words, Thank you fable for noticing. For those who cannot handle a post with more than one paragraph here is my annotated arguement :

I have been banned without reason
This in turn, kind of ticked me off, but I resolved it with drak, because he was the only neutral party available.
On my return I find my access to the site limited.
I am not accusing them of anything sinister on a "hacking me" or any of that bull****. My computer is secure.
They however, having the actual server themself, they can set my account to a limited access as my buddy with knowledge of PHP helped me to know, also they can throttle the amount of bandwith allowed to my IP. (the latter being a less likely possiblity)
I have a happy little webcam clip of my computer being redirected to the rules anouncement every time I try and click any link if you wish to confront me on the validity of this complaint.

I have no personal qualms except that I am being silenced, and now being misconstrued by people who can't even afford the 10 second effort to read my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.