• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Open your damn eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KmAI

Re: Open your damn eyes

Thank you. Words could not express my frustration at having my position twisted.

S

Solus

KmAI;162523 said:
Thank you. Words could not express my frustration at having my position twisted.

I become aggravated quite easily, which isn't a very good thing when talking on the internet, and because of that I read what I can as fast as I can then make posts :yammer:
I apologize again for making it seem as though you said things that you did not.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I first thought that Matt (KmAI) was banned on suspicion that he was Hex posting on a duplicate account.

Being an instigator and an agitator whether good intentioned as one tries to be will not always be taken that way. It is a very difficult road to carve if you wish to be the thorn that is a catalyst for change. One must be ever vigilant in the goal. There is power in speaking ones mind with out regard to others feelings. A power necessary if one wants to go the road of enacting change. That power comes with a greater need for such vigilance and also with the potential for corruption and abuse. I commend you in taking on the responsibility of using that to work towards having a greater community here on Projectego.

My reason for this tangent is because I believe that some of the comments made may not have been taken in a constructive way thus leading people to think of them as "mean" I think Brain (FableFreak) can attest to this happening to him on occasion. When this happens it may be helpful for both parties to re-examine the conversation, Something uniquely easy to do in a forum environment, and find the root of the discourse. An excellent example of this was done by Brian and DeathbyDecay in a recent thread.

It is difficult to have such conversations however if there is no trust established or as the case may be, a distinct lack of trust is present. At these times it is more effective to reestablish the trust before pushing the issue.

The whole reason I've gone into this tirade is because the other reason I suspect for the ban is that you were seen as being abusive when your were not intending to be. I believe that this was also true of Hex. Which can also reinforce my first thoughts on why you were banned.

I hope this isn't sounding like a lecture as I'm sure that you are well aware of these subtleties. I'm more just trying to bring them into focus for the sake of this last point.

All of this is just speculation until we hear from Steve and or Sharon.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Wow! I sign off for a few hours and I miss out on everything. ^_^

Here we go again...

KmAI, if you want to discuss something sensibly with me then feel free to shoot a PM my way. Hex did - the last day she was here - and I answered all of her questions. It doesn't take a genius to work out that you opted to create another thread to draw extra attention to something that I had considered dealt with - instead of contacting me directly first.

You have never once contacted me; so perhaps you shouldn't imply that you can't engage in a decent, mature conversation with me. As long as you don't: Slander me, goad me and twist everything I say completely out of context and spread it over every instant messaging network known to man, then you can expect a response from me.

Anywho, the general gist of it is that you were banned for trolling. DD was kind enough to reinstate your account - which is damn good of him, in my opinion hes a better man than me for doing that - and that's fine by me. We don't always agree on things but if he's all right with having you back then that's good enough for me.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;162646 said:
Wow! I sign off for a few hours and I miss out on everything. ^_^

Here we go again...

KmAI, if you want to discuss something sensibly with me then feel free to shoot a PM my way. Hex did - the last day she was here - and I answered all of her questions. It doesn't take a genius to work out that you opted to create another thread to draw extra attention to something that I had considered dealt with - instead of contacting me directly first.

You have never once contacted me; so perhaps you shouldn't imply that you can't engage in a decent, mature conversation with me. As long as you don't: Slander me, goad me and twist everything I say completely out of context and spread it over every instant messaging network known to man, then you can expect a response from me. I had enough of that the first time round.

Anywho, the general gist of it is that you were banned for trolling. DD was kind enough to reinstate your account - which is damn good of him, in my opinion - and that's fine by me. We don't always agree on things but if he's all right with having you back then that's good enough for me.

:wub: Gosh I wish there was a bowing smiley here...

I was wondering where you had gone Steve! It feels like it's been days!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Interesting. Up to a point. And then it gets silly.

My question - why on earth did KmAI, seeing as his issue has and always will be with me on a seemingly personal level, go running to DD and not ask me what was going on instead? When he was aware it was me who banned him? DD would have given out my email address/contact details if he had asked...

Some little pointers:

The staff actually have the right to edit and delete posts/threads without notification. they also have the right to ban unruly members by the same system. You were banned for being little more than a forum troll - given your penchant for being both antagonistic and rude (you may call it your brand of sarcasm if you wish, but it certainly was not amusing and upset some people) there would be little point in informing you beforehand of your impending ban. Given that the last time I told you to not be so sarcastic, you replied in a (you guessed it) sarcastic manner and still could not keep a more civilised tongue in your head.

I bring no hostility
And yet all you have done since joining here is be, for the most part, hostile. In fact, the way you are going about this whole ridiculous thread smacks of hostility. The main forums are not the place to air your grievances - PM's are. But perhaps sensationalism is more your thing?

You have made NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to contact either myself or Steve even before you were banned. Considering all the whimpering about "respect" and "dignity" you are showing neither to Steve or I, calling us "the egos" is particularly insulting, rude and pretty much sums up your now characteristically childish behaviour which got you banned in the first place. YOU HAVE NOT TRIED. You just make inflammatory posts, remarks and accusations without having the maturity to discuss things off the main boards like a normal human being. This is EXACTLY the problem we had with Hex - any wonder why people are getting the two of you confused?

Anyone will tell you that if you approach a staff member privately with a question and behave in a respectful, polite and mature manner then you will be addressed in the same way and the matter can be resolved without conflict. Throwing a hissy fit on the boards, playing the victim and citing abuse is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

My only reasoning for your issue with me is something personal pertaining to goodness knows what. In fact, your bad attitude was prevalent from your second ever post...you are caustic, rude, intentionally argumentative and showed absolutely no intention of biting your tongue and accepting when to draw the line. It was all "censorship! censorship!" whenever anyone told you to simmer down.

I banned you for trolling - making intentionally argumentative posts and insulting people - however subtle you think you are, you really are not. Trolls are banned without a courteous warning. If you had a personal issue with me, you should have sorted it with me. But you didn't. you chose the "quote angel and be sarky, rude and belligerent" approach. You go on about maturity - that's not very mature, now is it? You were not banned for any one specific post. Rarely is that an occurrence because the majority of people are not dumb enough to get themselves a one-post-ban. I let your behaviour slide again and again - but you just cannot seem to behave yourself, so I drew a line and banned you.

For the record, people are banned without notice ALL THE TIME. We just don't run it by you. Most of these instant bans are due to spammers. Some are when a new member goes all nasty and is banned instantly without warning. You are not the first to be banned without warning. You will not be the last.

Steve had nothing to do with your banning. Tsuyu had nothing to do with your banning. Andy had nothing to do with it, although I let him know what was going on because I anticipated he would have to bear the brunt of whatever rantings you came out with about freedom of speech, personal liberty and stuff like that - it's a forum, not a freedom fight. We are here to talk about Fable - you seem to be here to argue with people and then get all huffy when told to stop. Your banning was down to me and you knew that from the offset but lacked the courage or whatever you want to call it to speak to me about it.

I can only speculate as to your real reasons for signing up here and I'm pretty sure my conclusion is correct.

Instead of running to DD and bothering him with stuff that does not need to piled on him, you should have contacted the source - me. You would have been given an explanation, had you asked. But you didn't. Quite frankly I am a little sick of myself and Steve being accused of underhanded dealings...bit of deja vu, don't you think?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

droded;162649 said:
:wub: Gosh I wish there was a bowing smiley here...

I was wondering where you had gone Steve! It feels like it's been days!
I'm on every day but sometimes I don't get more than 20 minutes to post so I'm usually pretty quiet. But since my 360 got the red ring of death recently so I've had more time to commit to the forum. ^_^ Shame my 360's dead, though... :(

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Must be someone telling you to pay some attention here ;)

Unlucky though...

C

cometojames

im comfused. Is this kmai hex. Is hex a boy or a girl

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

cometojames;162657 said:
im comfused. Is this kmai hex. Is hex a boy or a girl

Hex is a girl, KmAI is Hex's boyfriend.

C

cometojames

hahahhaha i thought her and dark were together

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego;162646 said:
As long as you don't: Slander me, goad me and twist everything I say completely out of context and spread it over every instant messaging network known to man, then you can expect a response from me.

Yeah think we both know how that feels along with countless false accusations... really no idea where some of these ideas and accusations have came from and they have taken me completely by surprise. We havent done anything wrong at all.

projectego said:
DD was kind enough to reinstate your account - which is damn good of him, in my opinion - and that's fine by me. We don't always agree on things but if he's all right with having you back then that's good enough for me.

I dont have a problem with it, hes not going to make my Christmas card list or anything but im not bothered by him enough to have any issue with him now I know the truth.

Angel;162650 said:
My question - why on earth did KmAI, seeing as his issue has and always will be with me on a seemingly personal level, go running to DD and not ask me what was going on instead? When he was aware it was me who banned him?

Well I was accused of lying that i didnt have anything to do with it (when i didnt) so guess it was easier to blame me for personal reasons instead. Although why he even registered here in the first place after this whole personal scenario will never cease to amaze me.

Angel said:
Some little pointers:

The staff actually have the right to edit and delete posts/threads without notification. they also have the right to ban unruly members by the same system.

We could have banned him the second he registered and we knew who he was to avoid any of this nonsense as he clearly only registered to try and goad me.

Angel said:
Quite frankly I am a little sick of myself and Steve being accused of underhanded dealings...bit of deja vu, don't you think?

Not the only ones...

G

games master2

KmAI;162396 said:
Apollogies for the title, I'm trying to do this as civil as possible, but I know it will grab more attention and likely make more people read this.

Why do I need more people to read this?

Judging by past actions this should be removed, or edited within 24 hours.

I'm sure nobody noticed or really gave a damn, but for this past month or so I haven been posting much? I'm curious what the mods have to say on this more than the community, and Drakan, as from what I've seen he's been out of the loop more than once.

On January 22nd. I was banned indefinately (something that NEVER.. happens without warning on this site. I can proudly be the first) for this post:

Triz asked for opinions on his poetry, I gave one that was just teasing his rhyming scheme previous, which lead to a response within 3 minutes by Angel.. therefor the above was stated.

Now, seeing as there's been a strange lack of leeway in anything I say with Angel since I spoke up on the hex thread, I sat my *** down and watched the online.php page. Needless to say, shortly afterwards I see her in the administrator's tools. The next morning I recieve the screen "your username has been banned" blah blah blah.

I'm left with no way to contact anyone in regards to finding out why I'm banned, so I had to get Drakan's email through a friend. Drakan did not see any reason I was banned, though citing personal troubles there was a bit of a delay in me getting reinstated. (I thank and respect the fact he actually did do it though).

I returned with a simple post refering to the fact that ever since I've been banned my access to this site has been strangled. As if my IP was recieving a very limited amount of access from the server side (as moving to another house I was given the same flawless access as before)

After I cited the fact that I actually could get through despite the horribly slowed content : Every link I clicked redirected me to the "rules" annoucement as some sort of happy hint.

As the case is now : I have to use a proxy to access the site, and any access I do have is stifled shut up or destroyed within the day.

I am never vulgar for the sake of vulgar, I bring no hostility to this site, I only bring my own defense when my personal liberty is at question. So, the only thing I can do seeing as the one who denys it sits in the admin chair (I am referring to ProjectEgo and Angel as one as I've rarely seen independant/differing opinions from the two, so for all functional purposes they act as one with double the votes) is get on my soap box and shout out the fact that I am being abused and hope that it draws some attention from those who work underneath the egos. Drakan, I'm sure you'd like to actually have a voice in matters rather than just be the formal yet ignorable unanimous vote?

Failing this, this post is like the thrashing of some poor idiot caught in the tide.

If you have any questions or comments, leave them.. please. I'd like to hear every last bit I can in here, the more the posts the harder it is to suppress.

i agree with drake for letin ya bak in ya shudn be banned for sarcassm and you should at least get a warning

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

cometojames;162659 said:
hahahhaha i thought her and dark were together

Now you may start to understand why he thinks I might have some personal issues with him. We were very much together until I was very kindly informed about his guy by a friend...

C

cometojames

why are you helping him, if i was in your possion i would ban him and delete this thread

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

droded;162667 said:
Ouch that sucks Steve, your getting it back in the next few days though yeah? You should just go on a huge gaming binge when it arrives! :p
Should *hopefully* be getting my 360 back tomorrow if the folks at UPS get their skates on! And yeah, definitely, as soon as my 360 returns you probably won't see me for months. :p Or until I complete DMC4... :ninja:

Do you have an XBL gamertag, droded?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

cometojames;162673 said:
why are you helping him, if i was in your possion i would ban him and delete this thread

Because im a mature individual who doesnt feel the need to badmouth others in order to feel better about myself or my actions. I merely wanted to prove to people that im not the bad guy people seemed to be making me out to be in this, I did NOTHING wrong to anyone in any of this scenario.

People thinking we are part of some conspiracy and all those things we have been accused of in that short space of time is sheer lunacy and paranoia and nothing more than that.

projectego;162675 said:
Should *hopefully* be getting my 360 back tomorrow if the folks at UPS get their skates on! And yeah, definitely, as soon as my 360 returns you probably won't see me for months. :p Or until I complete DMC4... :steve:

Do you have an XBL gamertag, droded?

Be stuck with me on COD 4 for a while too... say goodbye to any kind of life you had. :p

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

cometojames;162673 said:
Because despite accusations to the contrary, the staff at Projectego.net do not ban people simply because they dislike them. We have four very different personalities here on the staff and if we all banned people purely on the basis that we did not like them, I'm guessing we'd have about 4 members left. Us! :lol:

Every banning is for a reason - some people just prefer conspiracy theories instead.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;162679 said:
Because despite accusations to the contrary, the staff at Projectego.net do not ban people simply because they dislike them. We have four very different personalities here on the staff and if we all banned people purely on the basis that we did not like them, I'm guessing we'd have about 4 members left. Us! :lol:

Every banning is for a reason - some people just prefer conspiracy theories instead.

Well i wont argue with that seem as though I help run public forums but dislike people is a genuine daily struggle.

The idea of a forum which is centered around the ideas and opinions of others with the thought in your mind that someone might disagree and ban you for it is silly and not going to happen.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

DD said:
Be stuck with me on COD 4 for a while too... say goodbye to any kind of life you had. :p
Defo. I've wanted to get it for the longest time but I just figured you and Matt would be miles ahead of me by now. But I figured since I managed to save a little bit of cash, by now having to buy an Xbox 360 Elite replacement, I thought why not? It always looked awesome when I watched you and my cousin play. I think it's hilarious watching Matt go mental when he gets killed. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.