• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Open your damn eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Open your damn eyes

KmAI;162863 said:
Andy knew I had banned you - he did not know the intricate details. So that stops you on that count.

When initially asked about it I didnt, unfortunately hadnt read the PM by then.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;162870 said:
When initially asked about it I didnt, unfortunately hadnt read the PM by then.
Fair enough - I wasn't sure of times and what have you. I concede that point, therefore.

K

KmAI

Project Ego- For your sake, here's back from page 2 my issues

I have been banned without reason (Check : Reason 'Suspected trolling from angel)

This in turn, kind of ticked me off, but I resolved it with drak, because he was the only neutral party available.(Questioned largely and unnecessarily when the logic was already established within the first few pages)

On my return I find my access to the site limited. (still unresolved)

I am not accusing them of anything sinister on a "hacking me" or any of that bull****. My computer is secure.
They however, having the actual server themself, they can set my account to a limited access as my buddy with knowledge of PHP helped me to know, also they can throttle the amount of bandwith allowed to my IP. (the latter being a less likely possiblity)
I have a happy little webcam clip of my computer being redirected to the rules anouncement every time I try and click any link if you wish to confront me on the validity of this complaint. (this would be the bulk of my description of the issue I'm having on a technical level. There is a serverside issue that is redirecting me to the rules page with every link, and strangling any access outside of proxies I receive)

I have no personal qualms except that I am being silenced, and now being misconstrued by people who can't even afford the 10 second effort to read my post.(Frustration explained and my attempts at pointing out, I don't really have any personal issues outstanding with the two of you other than being silenced without a chance to defend myself )

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

This is all just so overwhelming...:(

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

KmAI;162863 said:
Sure, you can dislike someone's actions or lack of them, but I don't hold anything personal.
That's where our wires get crossed, you see, the part where you said, " I can't even begin to describe how much I dislike you..." threw me off entirely. In fact, I'd say that completely contradicts your previous post. However, if you say that isn't what you meant then so be it.

As for the ego's comment, I'm not too high and mighty to say

"Well **** : Slip of the keyboard. It was unintended. Sorry"
You see, to me, that looks like you're evading an apology. Good for you for not being "all high and mighty" and what-not but that's not really what I was getting at all, was it? I'm still waiting on that apology, please.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

You have "no personal issues outstanding" yet you have been nothing but rude and offensive towards me pretty much since you joined. this doesn't make sense.

Also, if I ban you it really is none of your business. At all. You may not like that, but there it is. but I can assure you that I have never ever banned someone based on a personal dislike. If that was the case, I would have banned a certain other member a loooooong time ago - way before the problems started on the boards. but I didn't which I believe, considering the level of animosity directed at me throughout that period of time, shows I am of better character than perhaps you like to admit.

K

KmAI

Angel;162867 said:
Rhadiel and KmAI you both need to not have a spat over this and certainly not on this forum.

The fact that he is allowed to derail and just act like the kids circling two people in an argument on the schoolyard is frustrating. I am sorry for the whole issue but I would have much appreciated if I weren't the only voice telling him to back the hell away

Angel said:
Anyway: You were trolling - you still are. but you seem to subscribe to the "I did nothing wrong" theory. You continually misquote me and out of context too...why is this?

You say I misquote me, explain how. Don't just sling crap, sling something a little more solid, like a rock. How am I to know what I'm doing wrong if you don't even care to put the few seconds into explaining yourself?

Angel said:
I do not mind disagreements - however, you have yet to disagree without being rude. You use whatever opportunity you can to be hostile towards me and attempt to belittle me.

I'll admit during the religion topic I have gotten out of hand in dealing with some of your replies, you've offended me and I've acted beyond my normal reasonable appearance. Your arguments in the thread were confusing at best as I couldn't follow them on any logical level, so I was rather abrupt to express it

Angel said:
Andy knew I had banned you - he did not know the intricate details. So that stops you on that count.

Beating a dead horse in countering this

Angel said:
You show no respect and in turn, you complain you get none. Still calling us "the egos" is rude and offensive, yet you continue to do so and I can only surmise you are trolling - once again.

I'm referring to you as two distinct people, its simply to save typing space. That was a mistake on my part. I thought it was referring to you as a collective "ego" that was bothering you.

Angel said:
Consistently, you are unable to abide by the most simple of forum rules and seem to think you are somehow allowed to treat people the way you do so long as "it's nothing personal" when it so clearly is.

Site the rule I break, I haven't made any personal attacks. You have been slinging my relationships at me and slandering my name quite solidly though, so I find it quite frustrating dealing with you at this point. Things have grown civil with project ego in the more recent posts, I'd appreciate you following suit

Angel said:
You clearly do not understand how the banning system works - but there's really no poin in explaining it to you because I don't think you will understand full stop.

Try me.

Angel said:
I'm not the person who has had an issue with you - so why should I take time out of my day to run around sending you PM's to explain my every move? That is your call to make, not mine. I will respond to PM's - I never ignore them and I cannot, as staff, place someone on "ignore". You can even CC in all the other staff if you wish so that everyone can see what we are discussing if it helps. I don't mind one bit and it might help if others can see what is being said without all this back and forth and "he said, she said" rubbish.

You kind of directly contradict yourself in saying you aren't the one with an issue with me. I can't PM people when I'm banished, so your argument that I should of PM'd you, kind of falls on deaf ears. You banned me without so much as telling me that there is a large issue with me. I hadn't thought of the CC approach I'll be honest, the only reason I am using the public forums is for the hopes that it would keep this kind of hostility in check.

Angel said:
You did not take too kindly any time I happened to mention your behaviour on the boards - in fact you seemed to make a point of being insulting and sarcastic. I don't know why that is and you have never explained your grievance with me at all.

You're right, I didn't take kindly to most of your grievances, mostly because you didn't allow them to be questioned, your word was absolute and all was to cease in its wake. Each of those 'insulting' or 'sarcastic' replies are actually explaining the grievance. Look on the poetry thread. look at my signature now. The short and narrow of it is, you seem to be superfluously babying people when this really should be a mature setting where it is unnecessary.

It is very hard to be reasonable with someone so unreasonable - you are not giving me much of an opportunity to address whatever issue this is really about, seeing as the minute I say anything you jump straight down my throat. You do not know me whatsoever, yet you are judging that I won't say this and I'd react this way etc etc if you did PM me. the banning was not a personal thing - I can say that over and over, but I think you prefer to read what you like anyway, so there is little point in stressing this to you repeatedly.

I agree wholeheartedly with the first sentence. That is largely my qualm. If you haven't noticed, I'm at my utmost to explain myself and be as reasonable as possible, responding individually to each of your noted issues. In my last post I will admit I was reprimanding in tone because it seems you were more than a little 'on the attack'. I could care less how personal the banning was, I want it acknowledged that it was nearsighted, unwarranted and without any attempts to resolve it peacefully. It was flat out stifling the source and hoping the problem would go away

I see no reason why I should apologise to you - what exactly did I do? I responded to the various things you posted and you don't like my reply. I'm not apologising for that.

I have said I want the apology for your actions in banning me. The very fact I'm here is evidence that it was unwarranted.

Angel said:
BTW - I will not ask you again to stop calling me names.

I have ment no childish name calling in the last post

Seems I have to post outside of the quote too.

K

KmAI

projectego;162876 said:
That's where our wires get crossed, you see, the part where you said, " I can't even begin to describe how much I dislike you..." threw me off entirely. In fact, I'd say that completely contradicts your previous post. However, if you say that isn't what you meant then so be it.

You see, to me, that looks like you're evading an apology. Good for you for not being "all high and mighty" and what-not but that's not really what I was getting at all, was it? I'm still waiting on that apology, please.

Alright. In flat terms:

The referral to you two as one was depreciative and I'm sorry for offending.

K

KmAI

Rhadiel;162878 said:
i doubt that the admins have limited your acc or anything. they could have, but i dont think they did.

Once again Rhadiel, if you have nothing to say. Kindly continue to chew on the foot firmly lodged in your mouth.

R

Rhadiel

KmAI;162889 said:
Once again Rhadiel, if you have nothing to say. Kindly continue to chew on the foot firmly lodged in your mouth.

hey man, you said that you thought the admins might have limited your acc in some way. and i just reassured you that i dont think they did. correct me if im wrong.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Seriously, is there any need to be like that with other people? This is precisely the sort of thing I am talking about... surely you can see just how rude, offensive and caustic you are being?

the only reason you were unbanned is because it was clearly more hassle than it was worth to have you going on about it. I still stand by the banning.

K

KmAI

Angel;162879 said:
Also, if I ban you it really is none of your business. At all. You may not like that, but there it is. but I can assure you that I have never ever banned someone based on a personal dislike. If that was the case, I would have banned a certain other member a loooooong time ago - way before the problems started on the boards. but I didn't which I believe, considering the level of animosity directed at me throughout that period of time, shows I am of better character than perhaps you like to admit.
The above in full context, unedited.. just incase I have to worry about taking this the wrong way.

I'd like to think myself being limited access to something is very much my business. I don't understand how it could be taken any way.

as for the "Certain other member" they aren't here, and I have respected your relationship and apologized, now I'm starting to want an apology on your part for the repeated bludgeoning of her name. You have gone beyond the usual realm of offensive in frustrating both myself and her with that overused topic.

In return for your silence on that "certain other member" I will not drag out the reply by debating on how "great a character" you invoke with the treatment of her. Please, stop dragging her through mud and ****, respect my relationships as something not to be used as your internet weapon and start addressing the now repeated issue at hand.

K

KmAI

Thanks for the hand with the post drakan.. proxies are tempermental with multi/quotes so I couldn't do that myself. I'd appreciate it if you back me up in the "Keep noelle out of this argument" respect, because she's reading along, and angel is being nothing short of infuriating for her and myself. Its unnecessary to the point of being catty.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

KmAI;162889 said:

Your rudeness towards Rhadiel is unnecessary, I already told him to stop arguing with you, and he did. You doing this is only going to start him up again.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

At what point did I refer to Noelle? Please point out where in the last place you quoted me I was talking about her?

K

KmAI

Gikoku;162896 said:
Knock it off, KmAI. Your rudeness towards Rhadiel is unnecessary, I already told him to stop arguing with you, and he did. Your rudeness is only going to start him up again.
If you'll notice, I have said nothing regarding him save the times he decides to speak up. He has said explicitly he has nothing to say yet insists on spamming this thread with needless backpatting. My rudeness is getting quite justified in his repeat behavior. You say you have told him to stop, but nothing is happening to that effect, so hopefully with the proper degree of rudeness he will retreat into silence again.

K

KmAI

Angel;162897 said:
At what point did I refer to Noelle? Please point out where in the last place you quoted me I was talking about her?

Glorifying yourself for the lack of "banning a certain other person for so long" .. the deja vu comments.. the unrelated conspiracy crap. You don't have to look hard.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

KmAI;162895 said:
Thanks for the hand with the post drakan.. proxies are tempermental with multi/quotes so I couldn't do that myself. I'd appreciate it if you back me up in the "Keep noelle out of this argument" respect, because she's reading along, and angel is being nothing short of infuriating for her and myself. Its unnecessary to the point of being catty.

Yeah and I would appreciate you backing me up in that ive been trying to stop people talking about her aspect and bringing her into any of this.

I have been doing my best to respect her privacy and keep her out of things.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

KmAI;162873 said:
I have been banned without reason (Check : Reason 'Suspected trolling from angel)

On my return I find my access to the site limited. (still unresolved)
So, by "issues", what you really meant was "issue". And I thought that was currently being addressed in this thread but you stopped replying. Anywho, I can certainly attempt to help you diagnose the problem, if you like. Have you tried asking friends or family if they can access the site when you get the error pages? If they get the same error as you, at the same time as you, then it genuinely is a server problem. If you give me times and dates then I can check the server logs and determine when errors occur. I would need exact times and dates because there are literally thousands of visitors accessing this site per day (and just under 10,000 in total spread across the network situated on the same dedicated server).

If it is just you getting the error could you make sure that it is not your router causing the error? If you're using one, that is. Try connecting you modem directly into your computer and see if that helps.

Have you tried accessing the site from a friend's house - using a different IP address - to see if that works?

Try making an another anonymous account and see if there is any noticeable improvement with that.

Would you mind sharing your password with me so I can sign into your account and see if I get the same problems? You could always change your password to something else afterwards.

I really don't know what you've tried, and I'm certainly no expert on computers but I can offer suggestions that might help.

Just to clarify though: Did I hack your computer? No. I wouldn't know where to begin and hacking doesn't interest me in the slightest. As a Christian I have no desire to do anything like that to anyone.

Did I code up some PHP code to recognize your IP address and do some kind of damage to your connection: No. Again: I wouldn't know where to begin. My PHP knowledge is limited at best and, before you ask, no I didn't ask or pay a professional coder to come up with anything like what you're talking about.

I'd still be willing to try and work this out with you, if you feel up to it, of course. It's possible that other members might be getting the same kind of errors, too.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Seems to me you are jumping to conclusions. Deja vu, yes certainly that pertains to the most recent bout of trouble we had...but I am not naming names, I am not being "catty" as you so eloquently put it.

Perhaps you are reading a little too much into things?

Status
Not open for further replies.