• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OXM hit the fan

P

P3NGU1N

Re: OXM hit the fan

hobbes_pwn;217452 said:
9.5 is a gd score and im in ur cult 10 for me means a game that will never be beaten graphic and gameplay wise, an epic story, excellent voice acting and alot of money on music.. all games have negatives

Soooo..... basically you don't give out 10s.

Look, PM said himself that the game had things that could be improved upon.

I haven't looked into fallout3 much, however, I've played Oblivion for a long while. If it's like oblivion with better graphics then kudos to Bethesda for not ****ing up a winning formula. Seriously, there are many games where if the sequel had just stuck to the same gameplay and enhanced the graphics a bit they would have at the very least been as good as the original. Quality of gameplay cannot be sacrificed for innovation, it is the same form follows function routine of any design firm.

As far as the 10 score goes, is there really THAT big of a difference between 9.5 and 10? It's one bloody magazine. This is what i see in the future....

Fable: 9.5 9.5 10 10 10
Fallout: 10 10 9.5 10 9.5

....to infinitum. Magazines are going to give their scores, the only scores that are important are yours.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

10's I think should be rare. 2 10's this year by IGN 0 this year.. next year it'll be 5 and the year after.. Sorry i'm a harsh critic. But 9.5 IS A good score, don't forget that.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

Lol this thread is so right... god damnit when i read that fable only got 9.5 and fallout 10... >_> thier equal and i said... in another thread that that douchebag who rated the games were a fallout fanboy >_>

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

you my mate is a major fable 2 fanboy.. and as i say.. have you played the game... NO! So how can you tell i'm getting both and they both look great. Maybe Fallout 3 is better than Fable 2. thats just life. Both are good though 9.5 is a REALLY good score! Don't forget that, no average game gets 9.5.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Zebinia;217196 said:
I can not believe I am reading this. I hardly ever post on this forum but your ignorant post compelled me too. Firstly, a 9.5 out of 10 is a superb score, outstanding in fact. I also read the review and Ryan said that fable 2 was absolutely the best game Peter Molyneux has ever worked on. These are extraordinary compliments and I'm sure fable 2 will be one of the best games I have ever played.
Secondly, you are clearly biased in your assumption. You stated that you purchased the magazine for the fable 2 review and you didn't care at all for fallout 3. If you had done a sufficient amount of research on both games and then came to this conclusion then maybe I would give you more credit, but you obviously didn't.
Finally, Bethesda has made some of the greatest games I have ever seen. Why can't you just appreciate good games when you see one. I'm not going to play favourites, I'm excited for both of these great RPGs and I'm sure they will both keep me entertained for years.

I agree with you Fallout 3 looks like an excellent game and is also one of my most anticipated games this year. 9.5 is an excellent score and Fallout 3 just got reviewed with a higher score... so what? If they preferred it then thats their decision, we all know that Bethesda games always score high and are of great quality. Just because we are looking forward to Fable 2 doesnt mean we disgard any other RPG's that are out at around the same time.

Tsuyu;217206 said:
Nontheless, TJ. 9.5 is a great score, and you can't really complain about Fallout 3 getting a perfect 10 if you, as you say, don't care much for it.

I'm sure there are tons of people who are excited about Fallout 3 as we are about Fallout 2, and they'd say that 10 was well deserved.

Ive never agreed with 10/10 scores as nothing is perfect. However ive seen some very high review scores for Fallout 3 and thats great as i like Bethesda and will be buying Fallout 3.

Zebinia;217289 said:
I've read, "only 9.5" too many times in this thread. 9.5 is near perfection if you want to use the 1-10 rating. I agree that fallout 3 should not have received a 10 because I believe that there is no such thing as perfection, there is always room to improve. Peter Molyneux himself said if he had to rate Fable 2 he would give it a 9 out of 10 because he's aware of some mistakes he has made and he has noticed things he could have improved upon.

Agreed, no game deserves a 10/10. Even if its 9.9/10 theres always some issue or problem in the game.

A

Angelo Credo

I don't read reviews often, mainly because it taints my own recollection of a game, and a 10/10 score is undeserving for any game, to deserve a 10/10, it has to have not a single element that could ever be improved upon, basically, it needs to be perfect in every way, and as we as a race should know by now, perfection is impossible.

9.5 is a damn good score, I've written a significant amount of reviews for both my college and just for my own amusement, and then I pass those onto friends, and I've never given anything a perfect 10, sure, Fable 2 is lining up to be a brilliant game, I'm actually genuinely looking forward to it, to the point where I can barely sleep out of sheer anticipation, and I haven't been like that since the week running up to Final Fantasy 10.

My view is, if you personally like a game, then someone else's review shouldn't get to you at all, unless of course it's expanding on some form of doubt in the back of your mind.

Remember, reviews are all personal opinion, don't get too caught up in them.

D

danisalento

Would everyone be happy if Fallout 3 got 9.5/10 rather than 10/10? As much as I'm looking forward to fable 2, hence joining this site, maybe, just maybe fallout 3 is a better game. I mean it does combine FPS with RPG. I still find Fable 2 more attractive to play but it doesn't mean that it's going to be the better game now does it?

C

corrupted-heart

TJ Griffin;217205 said:
:'( but i wanna flame at someone.............. and i did try, i tryed really hard. i just cant stand analitical, english purist, ego sentric, self richious pricks. in other words, i dont like assholes. thats my pet pev. ok fine....... i suppose id better let it go befor i get myself banned. that would be terrible. i would cry all day and miss work and just sulk in bead. and fable 2 just wouldnt be the same.... ok im done. i tend to rant, there is no need to take it seriously.

wowowowowo whats wrong with the English!!!!!!

F

feral wolf

Every mag has there opinion on games i usually read for info and play the game myself. reviews aren't all that great really its just there opinion.

MasterJh

Reaction score

corrupted-heart;217528 said:

I was gunna ask the same thing...Just a quick thing mate, most non-native caucasian Americans are descendants of British people just as most British people are descendants of Danish people

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Could anyone scan the review pages onto the net so the rest of us can read it? Anyway the games are rated by different people thu there opinions will vairy....allot in some cases.

Velez

Demonic War Lord
Reaction score

Didn't feel like reading pages 2-4 but based on page 1 let me just put my opinion in.

TJ stop whining. 9.5, as many have stated before me, is an awesome score. And so what if Fallout got a higher score, are you going to go cut your wrists over it? And just because they gave it a higher score doesn't mean they're biased or that they suck at Fable 2. If I remember correclty both are brand new games so no one is a pro yet at either of them. Also stop being a douche. Zebinia didn't directly attack you so there's no reason to directly attack him.

G

Goretex

Does Fallout 3 deserve it's 10? Absolutely not. Does Fable 2 deserve a 10? Again, absolutely not.

I half agree with you TJ. I'm sure there was a bit of bias toward Fallout 3 for OXM to throw a 10 at it (which shouldn't be thrown on any game, period). Hey, it's all part of the hyping process. But, I don't believe there was any bias against Fable 2. You just have to keep in mind that this is still just opinion. They felt the need to nitpick on something they didn't like about Fable 2 (which I think should be done when reviewing a game) and it affected the score accordingly. Although they should have done the same with Fallout 3 instead of letting bias affect the review, that still doesn't take away the fact that Fable 2 still scored amazingly well.

Relax with the comparing. The reviews for Fallout 3 have nothing to do with Fable 2.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

corrupted-heart;217528 said:

no not english as in english people, english ans in the english language.

Velez;217541 said:
Didn't feel like reading pages 2-4 but based on page 1 let me just put my opinion in.

TJ stop whining. 9.5, as many have stated before me, is an awesome score. And so what if Fallout got a higher score, are you going to go cut your wrists over it? And just because they gave it a higher score doesn't mean they're biased or that they suck at Fable 2. If I remember correclty both are brand new games so no one is a pro yet at either of them. Also stop being a douche. Zebinia didn't directly attack you so there's no reason to directly attack him.

thanks for giving me the slap in the face i needed. i dont know why i was being suck an ass yesterday. sorry everybody.

ok, lets try this agiain. im getting annoyed with oxm rating system, they should never give a 10/10 (even though they claim to go on a 1-11 scale, but thats just bogus. its 1-10 and they know it.) and fallout and fable both look like amazingly wonderful games, but i think they were bias for fallout. as they often are with games. and if they are gonna be rating them, they shouldnt be bias at all.

again, i dont know what was up with me yesterday. sorry Zebinia.

T

Tymolus

TJ, that post made me like you all the more buddy. I'ma roll us another blunt and this time I'ma lace it with mountain dew :D

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

ha ha, well, im gald you liked it. stay tuned kids, who know what TJ will rant about next!

AngryJoeShow

Reaction score

Has anyone seen ANY other DOGS in videos besides the main heroes?

T

Tymolus

Naw, somebody said there are none but I hope there are...imagine doggy sex in the streets LOL

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

your characters dog it the only dog in the game sadly.

MasterJh

Reaction score

Well i mean you could get a friend in, then there would be 2 dogs but i don't think that counts...