• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Religous Temples

E

element1

Re: Religous Temples

Darg;104835 said:
If you really think about it though, after 500 years into Albion's future, wouldn't someone wise up and denounce the gods? Just logically speaking, but just in terms of the game's popularity they might decide for it to stick around as a way of keeping a bit of the old, something that gamers liked from the previous game. Just my take on things, but there you go.

yeah but its been almost 3000 years or something since Jesus was introduced. Or the jewish, Muslim or other gods. What if we JUST found out that they were made up? It doesnt take knowledge. Its a belief and knowledge has nothing to do with it.

H

Hexadecimal

element1;104976 said:
yeah but its been almost 3000 years or something since Jesus was introduced. Or the jewish, Muslim or other gods. What if we JUST found out that they were made up? It doesnt take knowledge. Its a belief and knowledge has nothing to do with it.

ummm... it's 2000, not 3000... and the Christian, Jewish and Muslim gods are all the same god :lol:

E

element1

Hexadecimal;104986 said:
ummm... it's 2000, not 3000... and the Christian, Jewish and Muslim gods are all the same god :lol:

yerp but i mean like jesus or Mohammad or whatever. Its like the same thing as Fable. How would they know if someoen made it up? how do we know????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix;104826 said:
:lol::lol: That would be fun....unless they run away from you if you start to kill them. That's what they did in fable.:(
You can get them with your bow if you're fast enough. Helps if you're out side the temple when you off the first one.

element1;104976 said:

element1;105089 said:
yerp but i mean like jesus or Mohammad or whatever. Its like the same thing as Fable. How would they know if someoen made it up? how do we know????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only difference between "knowledge" and "belief" is the level of doubt. They are the same thing. Introduce enough doubt into a "fact" and you no longer "know" it's true you "believe" it's true or maybe you now "believe" it's false or even "know" it's false. All "evidence" is based upon assumptions that cannot be proven.

There is no spoon

E

element1

Albion Knight said:
The only difference between "knowledge" and "belief" is the level of doubt. They are the same thing. Introduce enough doubt into a "fact" and you no longer "know" it's true you "believe" it's true or maybe you now "believe" it's false or even "know" it's false. All "evidence" is based upon assumptions that cannot be proven.

There is no spoon

Im sorry but the difference between knowledge and belief is more than you think. Knowlledge has to do with gard evidence and facts. A belief is something that sounds to be true or even that you have seen clearly, but if there are no facts than it is a belief. People sometimes try to trick others into believing that things are knowledgeable but it doesnt work for all of us.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

element1;105211 said:
Im sorry but the difference between knowledge and belief is more than you think. Knowlledge has to do with gard evidence and facts. A belief is something that sounds to be true or even that you have seen clearly, but if there are no facts than it is a belief. People sometimes try to trick others into believing that things are knowledgeable but it doesnt work for all of us.
How do you know something is a hard fact? Have you even "known" something to be a "Hard Fact" only to find out later that you where mistaken. It happens all the time with extensively tested scientific "Fact" often times the reason for the mistake is based on an incorrect assumption. All "Fact" starts with assuming that what we see is what is real.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah. You can never be entirely 100% certain that something is a fact and not wrong or a lie. There is an element of belief to everything. It's just bigger sometimes, or smaller.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

why dos everyone hate oblivion?
i liked it

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Um... does that have anything to do with this thread? Did I miss something? And anyway, I've sat here and heard (well, read) people raving about it ever since I joined. Few and far between were those who said it sucked.

Well, either that or I'm going crazy. I've never played it so I couldn't say if it's good or bad.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

on read first page my bad

E

element1

ok stop talking about facts...I want to see elaborate paintings and decorations in and around the temples. I like d how when u got closer to the chapel of skorm it got redder

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

hmmm i want stain glass windows of you doing stuff... and also you doing it in the clothes you did it in none of this naked crap you'd think for a next-gen game it could manage that dont you think...

T

The Crow

I want the ability to burn the temple of Avo to the ground and kill the priests in horrobel painfull ways!!!!!!!!Mo-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

-Ravan-

A bigger Temple, for both AVO & SKORM. also i'd like it if they know if you've been to the other Temple and cast you out if you gave worship at the other. I'd like some holy quests to. I'd like a third or even a forth religion to follow, maybe a neutral God. Those would be good.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

better idea if your full evil or turned into the devil or something, you walk up to avo church and you burn. :)

H

hook coast god

I really hope that they have temples once again. On top of that, I hope you can make your self young again. When I have a sexi female mage, I dont want her to get a grey haired and wrinkly, thats just not kool, man!

K

killakaun

ya i want to have like anarchy church were you just go up to the temple and they like think your crazy and cast you out

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Anarchy in the UK man!

F

Father of Skorm

i reckon avo an skorm will hav been kicked out, and there will be new guys in their places. werent those funny floaty 'key point' ball plaCES WERE U HAD 2 CHASE JACK O Blades around power spots? i think they'll be templified as well.
the church of me. i like it.