• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoking Banned?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Smoking Banned?

Probably the same reason why some people can consume godly amounts of alcohol and some get hazy just by the smell of a bar.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I know this thread is old, but this just in, someone was smoking in there car outside their work when all of a sudden, a cop comes by and takes them to jail!! Now it is not a allowed even around your work area!! And, I just found out that some cities don't allow using a phone while driving! I think that has gone too far!

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

People who use cell phones while driving deserve whatever legal punishment they can accrue. Don't get me started on people who text while driving. You might as well be drunk driving.

F

Father of Skorm

i would just like to ask, is suicide illegal? i dont mean like in times gone by where if you were found guilty of attempted suicide you were sentenced to death (really happened, i think) i just mean, have they repealed the law that makes it illegal?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Devalion;153889 said:
People who use cell phones while driving deserve whatever legal punishment they can accrue. Don't get me started on people who text while driving. You might as well be drunk driving.

True that. I watched a T.V show where the host actually got himself drunk(to the extent the law says you're drunk anyway, not so much that he couldn't walk straight) and tried to navigate some set up course at a driving test thingy, and the next day when he was sober he tried the same but having him answering tons of questions in his cell phone at the same time, like basic math and stuff.

He drove as badly as he did drunk as he did occupied with his cell phone.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Lol. Thats the kind of thing I wanna see more on TV!

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Tsuyu;153965 said:
True that. I watched a T.V show where the host actually got himself drunk(to the extent the law says you're drunk anyway, not so much that he couldn't walk straight) and tried to navigate some set up course at a driving test thingy, and the next day when he was sober he tried the same but having him answering tons of questions in his cell phone at the same time, like basic math and stuff.

... Really?? Maybe it is for the best then...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

It's not really the fact that you're talking in your cell phone - It wouldn't matter if you were doing something as harmless as laying a jigsaw puzzle, anything that removes your concentration from driving is a bad thing.

F

Father of Skorm

Tsuyu;153965 said:

i saw that 2 (or something like that). it was quite worrying :unsure:...
they banned it here but no one really cared so they've had 2 up the punishment , like, 3x or something... get caught twice and you basically have no licence. nor can you afford 2 get a new 1...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Devalion;153889 said:
Too right - mind you, they've just changed or are trying to change the laws over here so that if you cause death by not giving the road your full attention - i.e. talking on a phone, playing with a sat nav system or something similar, you only get community service and not a custodial sentence anymore. I don't know if I agree with that or not. Effectively, when you get in a car you are entering a potentially lethal weapon - you should have your full attention on the task at hand no matter what and if you end a life because your stupid in-car navigational system is taking you slightly to the left instead of right, you should pay for that - not be told to clean public toilets for a couple of weeks. But even I know it isn't as black and white as that...not all death by careless driving is down to someone just not bothering to pay attention or messing about with a gadget...

Father of Skorm;153924 said:
i would just like to ask, is suicide illegal? i dont mean like in times gone by where if you were found guilty of attempted suicide you were sentenced to death (really happened, i think) i just mean, have they repealed the law that makes it illegal?
I don't know if suicide is illegal - mind you, there are many old laws which have never been changed so for all I know there could be...

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

I believe committing suicide is illegal. I've read in numerous places that it is:

Death: Suicide

There are numerous other sites that say the same thing.

F

Father of Skorm

i was just asking, as many smokers claim it is their right to smoke if they want 2. but if suicide is illegal then, as smoking can in no way be benificial to your health, only harmful and decrease your life span, it is effectively a very slow form of suicide.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

In the UK I think it's illegal to assist someone in a suicide and if you attempt but fail a certain number of times you can be charged with Breach of the Peace and forbidden to jump off bridges or something...

Different sites seem to say different things...(Amanda's link won't load for me, so sorry if it was more detailed about laws)

You can say that over-eating, not exercising, taking drugs etc can be a form of slow suicide. Mixing with smokers even if you aren't one can be a slow suicide via secondary smoke.

F

Father of Skorm

mmm, but over eating is simply, well, over doing something which might otherwise be good. 2 much of a good thing is just as bad as none at all. second hand smokers (voluntary) are stupid (i include myself in that) drugs (the illegal kind) are illegal anyway :noexpression: so that doesnt really seem all that relevent...