• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spirit of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Spirit of Music

Metallica is simply the best band in the whole world. Other than that I love all the old geezers of rock and their bands. Zeppelin, The Who and the Stones that Arseface mentioned, to name some.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Metallica = overrated.

Don't hate.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Then why make such a pseudo-flamebait post....?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I don't mean to incite a flame war, but this thread was always going to turn into a debate about musical tastes. Probably could have used more tact, though. Sorry.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i'm with arse on this one, but then again i tend to make most any metal head (no, wait, all of them) mad when i share my opinions on the genre.

but i don't hate. i also **** off classical fans, rap/hip hop lovers, and most reggae fans as well.

Devil Jho

The Voice
Reaction score

Well nirvana is a pretty over rated grunge artist...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Nobody commented on my obviously inferior music taste.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

And it begins...

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

I like video game remixes.

Don't judge me.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Old Metallica was good when it still sounded kind of thrashy. New Metallica just sucks a big one, like I've never seen in my life.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tyloric;412616 said:
I like video game remixes.

Don't judge me.

:wub:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Trawgdor;412624 said:
Old Metallica was good when it still sounded kind of thrashy. New Metallica just sucks a big one, like I've never seen in my life.

Hating on the "new" Metallica is so f*cking in these days, aint it? :getlost:

You realize that stuff like Master of Puppets and ...and justice for all would by your definition count as "new" Metallica? And those are two f*cking awesome albums. The only 100% thrash album they released was Kill 'em all which was their first album. On every single album after that they've experimented with different sounds other than thrash. So I guess you must hate every single Metallica album but Kill 'em all, huh...

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tsuyu;412416 said:
Then why make such a pseudo-flamebait post....?
He didn't, and he's right. With millions of people literally calling them the Gods of metal, of course they're overrated. Doesn't mean you should like them less.

Anyway, favorite band is Moonsorrow, favorite song is Born of Ice / Stream of Shadows by Moonsorrow (It's 30 minutes long so I can't link you). Favorite album is probably A Sombre Dance by Estatic Fear.
Tsuyu;412635 said:
Yeah, how dare people have an opposing opinion that many share that I don't agree with!!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;412636 said:
Yeah, how dare people have an opposing opinion that many share that I don't agree with!!

It was the way he (and many others) always hate on the "new" Metallica, rudely just stating it as fact and not even bothering to add "in my opinion". If you read my post with the stuff I've added/edited you realize how stupid it is.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;412641 said:
+1

Also

[youtube]tE9Hj9b0Cho[/youtube]

Love the Bruce Faulconer soundtracks, shame he doesn't make anymore as there's actually tracks from the show he didn't release on CD.. :'(

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Tsuyu;412635 said:

You realize that stuff like Master of Puppets and ...and justice for all would by your definition count as "new" Metallica? And those are two f*cking awesome albums.

Jeez, calm down there buddy. I'm just saying, Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning are my favorite Metallica albums. Sure, Master of Puppets and Justice for All are good albums, but in my opinion they'll never come to par with Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning.

Plus, all the aforementioned albums are all from the 80's, are the most "thrashy" of all of Metallica's discography and are the first 4 albums among 9, so I'd say they are pretty old Metallica albums. As to new, I was referring to after 2000. Have you listened to St. Anger or Death Magnetic recently? Ugh.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I really like that band called "The Various Artists", they do a lot of movie soundtracks.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

St. Anger has Frantic, Invisible Kid and The Unnamed Feeling. All of which are great songs, especially The Unnamed Feeling. Death Magnetic has The Day That Never Comes. Ride The Lightning? Fade To Black is one of the most beautiful songs they have and it is in no way thrash metal.

People who hate "new" Metallica are just about as dumb as those who burnt their albums during the whole Napster affair.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Tsuyu;412644 said:
It was the way he (and many others) always hate on the "new" Metallica, rudely just stating it as fact and not even bothering to add "in my opinion".
Well, yeah, in my opinion was implied, and you know it. You're just getting annoyed that people don't feel as strongly as you about your favorite band.

Them being overrated is pretty much a fact anyway - but it doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed. If you enjoy them, well, godspeed to you. People literally hail them as Gods, the originators of metal, which they are neither. By definition, they are overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.