• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa - Conspiracy Theories *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Theresa - Conspiracy Theories *Spoilers*

The Avo's Tear was a myth, and only Maze, perhaps the archaeologist, and eventually the Good Hero of Oakvale knew about it, while the Sword of Aeons was written in many stories from the Old Kingdom. Perhaps the Avo's Tear disappeared along with the Good Hero of Oakvale? Like I said, only a handful of people knew about it, and over 500 years, the number of people who know about the Avo's Tear will quickly disappear. Also, any of Maze's documents and research of the Avo's Tear would have burned up along with the guild when the townsfolk slaughtered all the Heroes.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Not all of them.
Why don't you go ask Lionhead xD

Lord Valance

Voice of the Agency
Reaction score

Daemon300;316000 said:
No. The Hero of Oakvale book, was not true. The writer of the book, must have mistaken the Sword of Aeons, for that second sword (forgot it's name) that you get from the grave or something?

When asked how she could read with no eyesight, she claimed she could look into other worlds than their own. She has eyes, but those eyes are blind. I'm sure she uses will to see.

Source

But maybe she used will to survive...

She has eyes in Fable 2, it says at least twice that her eyes were completely cut out in fable 1, and why does she have no scars?

Also I think the choice they're going with is that he did kill his sister, used the sword, and this is an imposter. That's my theory anyways. Could be wrong though. I'm going to compare the walls in the Heroes Guild in Fable 2 to see if I can't figure this one out.l

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

to be honest, im not entirly sure what theresas intentions are. Nothing is really explained about her but i am sure that there is going to be a dlc involving her past or involving her intentions. In the newest dlc it explains that her wish fromt he spire was to see everyones future perfectly. She could use this to her advantage in taking over the world.

private-lemon

Reaction score

people are talk about fable1 and all that stuff but didnt a spire rise and destory that world

i also red in a pop up that a guardian or however u spell it theresa and live for over 5000 year and to been seen sometimes in bowerstone.

W

WarHawk

private-lemon;318427 said:
people are talk about fable1 and all that stuff but didnt a spire rise and destory that world

i also red in a pop up that a guardian or however u spell it theresa and live for over 5000 year and to been seen sometimes in bowerstone.

sorry to say but i think you need to revise your message. its just that i don't understand what you said. how do you know that she has been seen or whatever in bowerstone? didn't sometime during the game Theresa tell us that she had never been to bowerstone or something??

and someone up top said something about Theresa being Jack of Blades or the Queen of Blades. Is the King and Queen of Blades even mentioned in any of the Fables???? i just heard about them on wiki. IF they were real, then why aren't they still alive if their son can stay alive for eons??? i am sure that they would have found a way to be immortal or something...

and i think that Lionhead just forgot Theresa's eye thing or something 'cause that's just way too easy to miss....But now that i think about it, she had a bandage over her eyes all through Fable 1. and if during Fable 1 ('cause she said that she had powers and stuff) she could have at least grown her eyes back....as much of an outrageous claim that is, it could be true. much like all of the other theories

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Or, she could simply have "will" eyes.
I don't remember if they were white or blue, though.

SimonSays

Reaction score

I am pretty sure Theresa is the sister of Fable 1's Heroe and she wanted the spire for herself so sh e could wish to be with her family again.but I think we'll learn more in Fable 3

J

Jamoras

Why would she want to bring back a brother she didn't seem to care very much for, going so far as to be apathetic to him choosing whether to kill her?

R

Razorback

It occurred to me pretty early on in my first game that Theresa, whatever her motives, had deliberately orchestrated Rose's death. She convinced Rose to buy the music box, knowing it would get Lucien's attention - and when the little Hero falls from the tower, Theresa's there waiting in the street for him/her to land. And her statement that "The Spire is mine," at the end of the quest gave me the willies.

Now after reading this thread, I'm fairly positive that Theresa is the game's true villain. And being such a well-made game, they leave this hanging at the end for you to ponder over.

Some people have been suggesting that her intentions must be pure - and if she's evil, then she's not Theresa but some kind of impostor. To which I can only reply: What game have you been playing? The whole thing revolves around moral choices - the consequences of our actions, corruption and redemption, good people turning bad through the choices they make. In a game where you can choose to be a saintly hero who helps the helpless or a rampaging maniac who slaughters entire villages, the argument 'that "Theresa can't be evil because she's a goodie" kind of loses its bite.

L

luigi910

Theresa did not really convince Rose to buy the music box, Rose said she did not believe in magic and Theresa told her otherwise, Rose wanted to know if magic existed. That doesnt really mean she convinced her to buy it. If Theresa wanted Rose to buy the music box, do you not think Theresa would have given money to the children to make sure they buy it instead of leaving it up to the kids to get the money for themselves, i know this would ruin the gameplay of the early hero's life but if Theresa really wanted to orchestrate Roses death i feel this is more likely to happen.

J

Jamoras

If she had given them the money, then there would have been no dog. The psychic woman would know this.

R

Razorback

luigi910;328558 said:
Theresa did not really convince Rose to buy the music box, Rose said she did not believe in magic and Theresa told her otherwise, Rose wanted to know if magic existed. That doesnt really mean she convinced her to buy it.
Well, no. Theresa didn't stand there poking Rose with a stick and saying "Buy it! Buy it!" But if you don't think she manipulated her into wanting the thing, then I don't know what to tell you. Except that you should probably stay away from salesmen and evangelists.

luigi910;328558 said:
If Theresa wanted Rose to buy the music box, do you not think Theresa would have given money to the children to make sure they buy it instead of leaving it up to the kids to get the money for themselves, i know this would ruin the gameplay of the early hero's life but if Theresa really wanted to orchestrate Roses death i feel this is more likely to happen.
Too obvious. Whether or not you think Theresa is evil, her MO is to stay in the background and steer people the way she wants them to go, but never directly intervene herself. She knew that Rose was desperate to get out of the slums (have you read Rose's Diary?) and played on her curiosity and hope to make her want to buy the music box as a possible way out. She probably knew enough about Rose and Sparrow to know that they'd find the money if they wanted it badly enough - she just had to set them on the path.

These could be the actions of a benevolent mentor trying to prepare a hero for the fight against evil, or they could be the cunning machinations of an evil puppet master trying to take over the world. Take your pick.

GaEv

Reaction score

Going soley by what she said in see the future she did those things because as she put it she had to follow the future blindly. Rather than having an agenda as such she could just be a sort of dutiful follower of fate.

Now that she can see all possible futures rather than just possesing limited fortune telling abilities some of her nature may see some change.

J

Jamoras

Like, now she can blow you up with her mind and time-warp.

Cain

Reaction score

Ok you lot stop the thread necro.

W

WarHawk

Razorback;328557 said:
It occurred to me pretty early on in my first game that Theresa, whatever her motives, had deliberately orchestrated Rose's death. She convinced Rose to buy the music box, knowing it would get Lucien's attention - and when the little Hero falls from the tower, Theresa's there waiting in the street for him/her to land. And her statement that "The Spire is mine," at the end of the quest gave me the willies.

Now after reading this thread, I'm fairly positive that Theresa is the game's true villain. And being such a well-made game, they leave this hanging at the end for you to ponder over.

Some people have been suggesting that her intentions must be pure - and if she's evil, then she's not Theresa but some kind of impostor. To which I can only reply: What game have you been playing? The whole thing revolves around moral choices - the consequences of our actions, corruption and redemption, good people turning bad through the choices they make. In a game where you can choose to be a saintly hero who helps the helpless or a rampaging maniac who slaughters entire villages, the argument 'that "Theresa can't be evil because she's a goodie" kind of loses its bite.

EXACTLY!!!! FABLE 3 needs to come out already so we can see!

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

It's obvious that Theresa did want Rose to buy the music box as in See The Future it is stated that Theresa is the person that gave Murgo the music box

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

luigi910;328558 said:
Theresa did not really convince Rose to buy the music box, Rose said she did not believe in magic and Theresa told her otherwise, Rose wanted to know if magic existed. That doesnt really mean she convinced her to buy it. If Theresa wanted Rose to buy the music box, do you not think Theresa would have given money to the children to make sure they buy it instead of leaving it up to the kids to get the money for themselves, i know this would ruin the gameplay of the early hero's life but if Theresa really wanted to orchestrate Roses death i feel this is more likely to happen.

Well she did really get Rose to buy the music box as it is stated in See The Fututre that Theresa was the one that gave Murgo the music box :ninja:

Also, my bad for spammin ... i tried to edit my first post and accidentally made another one :(

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Joe Cobbold;338710 said:
Well she did really get Rose to buy the music box as it is stated in See The Fututre that Theresa was the one that gave Murgo the music box :ninja:

Also, my bad for spammin ... i tried to edit my first post and accidentally made another one :(
Yeah that, and Theresa can see into the future. All she had to do was peak Rose's curiosity and the rest is history :p

Status
Not open for further replies.