• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

R

-Ravan-

Re: Theresa is kinda evil, no? *SPOILER*

Damn My curriosity, as i have yet to finish either of my two games i now have some ideas as to whats going on. But am strangely confused as your all quite ambiguos as to what ACTUALLY happens.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

^We are discussing theories, whether Teresa is evil or not.
-Ravan- said:
But am strangely confused as your all quite ambiguos as to what ACTUALLY happens.
In other words, you regret it that you've read spoilers?...

L

laharl

i think she new ud pick the love thing, and everything would turn out ok, u did pick love, right?

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

^What do you mean precisely? I didn't choose Love... I have chosen Sacrifice and Wealth.

L

laharl

lol. why would u do that ?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

hawk;248278 said:
achievements? personal choice? who knows...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

DataHero;247977 said:
Scythe is in the void - not Albion anymore, so I would doubt the idea of him being your mentor.
wait i missed something when did he go to the void? Because if you pick love it talks about your sis bieng with him. Also the time spent in the void damaged him and made him from the Archon to what he was in TLC.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky here, but are we absolutely sure of the nature of Theresa's powers? Are we giving them too much weight?

Be warned that all that follows contains massive spoilers.

Just because she is a seer or a tarot reader does not mean that she knows everything that's going to happen. I like the idea that she has you obtain the music box to use to save yourself later (according to Lucien's diaries, he already knew heroes existed in the city), but that raises a weird question to me. Why would she not see Lucien coming during the summoning of the ultimate weapon? Of course, I suppose you could argue that she did see him but also saw you emerging victorious so she left well enough alone but that goes back to her seeing everything. Another issue is why would she need you to find Lucien's diary to know he recruits from the crucible? She also seems surprised to find out that the Hero of Strength, Hannah, is originally a 'pacifist monk.' She also needs Hammer to help locate the Thief, she does not know his whereabouts off hand. She also doesn't seem particularly aware of Garth's cullis gate. Finally, she says herself "He (your dog) knew you would return victorious even before I did."

What I'm getting that with all this is that it's most likely that Theresa cannot and does not see everything. So if you want to know why she points you to the music box there are a lot of options. Perhaps she simply knew that the fourth hero would need the music box and wanted him/her to procure it as soon as possible. Maybe she believed that if you obtained the music box before Lucien found you, you would be able to escape Bowerstone with her unscathed.. how heartless are we going to make her.. Rose is related to her after all.

All that being said though... if Rose had not died.. The Hero of Bower Lake (or whatever name you wish to call him/her) would have had NO reason to fight Lucien. If Love is the canon ending (which I would imagine since it leaves the most to be expanded upon) then perhaps Theresa knew she was not sending Rose to her death.. but to a temporary exile she would later return from. It would be interesting if Theresa was evil.. I'm just not ready to bank on it yet.

Forgive the long post :(

C

Cleaver J

i forgive, but she did seem a little evil in the end with the, "this tower is mine! Leave!" mabey she had a guest coming over, idono.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

OF T: ^^ naw, me and her where having some happy time ^.^

OT : well, her looks and voice have changed ALOT from fable 1...

The New Vocal Cords & Clothes ( The hood looks like jack of blades hood ....hmmm....)
May MAKE you THINK that she's evil but hell, i think she's evil...she has that same creep affect on my like jack of blades ( with his O.G Voice )

ill have to ask her next time im in the spire, you know its pretty hard bumpin skins wit a 500 year old, Blind, Freaky,Creepy...Well u get what i mean.

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

She also might not be evil, she could want the spire as a preventative measure, she can see into the future so she may know that some one else wants to spire.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I'm terribly sorry for the chain quotes, but if it comes to Fable 2 theories, I can't stop. :(

hawk;248278 said:
Why? Personal preference, yes. Besides, I don't need my dog, although I think he's quite adorable.

Zarkes;248286 said:
achievements? personal choice? who knows...
That's correct.

Zarkes;248289 said:
wait i missed something when did he go to the void? Because if you pick love it talks about your sis bieng with him. Also the time spent in the void damaged him and made him from the Archon to what he was in TLC.
He didn't go in the void in Fable 2, but somewhere between Fable TLC and Fable 2, when the villagers burnt the guild of the heroes. If you read lots of books, especially about the guild, scythe, and rose's letter, you know that she met him in the void. Also, if you look at some quotes while loading your game, you can read that all people of Albion wondered where Scythe has gone to, whilst they needed him to the utter most.

FiliusMartis;248347 said:
Maybe I'm just being nitpicky here, but are we absolutely sure of the nature of Theresa's powers? Are we giving them too much weight?
Of course we aren't sure of Theresa's powers; nobody is.

Just because she is a seer or a tarot reader does not mean that she knows everything that's going to happen. I like the idea that she has you obtain the music box to use to save yourself later (according to Lucien's diaries, he already knew heroes existed in the city), but that raises a weird question to me.
She is a blind seeress, and she can look into the future, as she's meant to be. Why? It would be simply logical, but kinda too hard to elaborate.

Why would she not see Lucien coming during the summoning of the ultimate weapon? Of course, I suppose you could argue that she did see him but also saw you emerging victorious so she left well enough alone but that goes back to her seeing everything.
If you followed the main plot swiftly, you know that Lucien merely 'listened' to her. In other words; Lucien was nothing but a puppet to Theresa, as he was meant to build the spire for her. Of course, Lucien wasn't aware of that, as Theresa managed to convince him somehow... as she did to you and rose.

Another issue is why would she need you to find Lucien's diary to know he recruits from the crucible?
Theresa isn't stupid, IMO. If she'd know everything, there wouldn't be a main plot to play onto, would there be?
Besides, she needs you to fight, in order to 'practice' yourself for the incoming battles, although they're quite easy...

She also seems surprised to find out that the Hero of Strength, Hannah, is originally a 'pacifist monk.'
She wasn't suprised when saying that; she was rather ****ed off. Then, she wanted to find a reason, so that Hammer would fight along with you. And the reason is, the murder of the Abbot.

She also needs Hammer to help locate the Thief, she does not know his whereabouts off hand. She also doesn't seem particularly aware of Garth's cullis gate. Finally, she says herself "He (your dog) knew you would return victorious even before I did."
Correct. She wasn't aware of Garth's cullis gate, but that doesn't change the fact she cannot look into the future. Reaver and his village (Bloodstone), was surrounded by Wraithmarsh and Banshees. If you remember correctly, you could state that Theresa had problems contacting you, and possible also problems in order to meditate.

What I'm getting that with all this is that it's most likely that Theresa cannot and does not see everything. So if you want to know why she points you to the music box there are a lot of options. Perhaps she simply knew that the fourth hero would need the music box and wanted him/her to procure it as soon as possible. Maybe she believed that if you obtained the music box before Lucien found you, you would be able to escape Bowerstone with her unscathed.. how heartless are we going to make her.. Rose is related to her after all.
Yes, she knew everything, even at the beginning. She knew you would die, she knew you would need the box, and she knew Lucien would be immortal if you wouldn't own the box.

Forgive the long post :(
No problem! :D

Cleaver J;248350 said:
i forgive, but she did seem a little evil in the end with the, "this tower is mine! Leave!" mabey she had a guest coming over, idono.
Yes, she has something... vague as her background. I wonder what...

Dag204;248373 said:
She also might not be evil, she could want the spire as a preventative measure, she can see into the future so she may know that some one else wants to spire.
See one of my statements above.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^yeah

L

laharl

lol^ but kinda a useless posts(his. long =good)

the point im trying to make is...idk,idc, but the dogs so cute

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

hawk;248560 said:
lol^ but kinda a useless posts(his. long =good)

the point im trying to make is...idk,idc, but the dogs so cute
i kewda made in even more useless onetyping the stuff he stated also i didnt wan't to quote it for obvious reasons. So that was the only way i kewd show i agreed with everything.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score

You realize that before continuing the debate you admitted that nobody is sure of Theresa's powers exactly, correct? Then where are you getting absolute fact that she saw and knew everything? I never once debated that she was a seeress; I questioned exactly how much she was able to see.

DataHero said:
If you followed the main plot swiftly, you know that Lucien merely 'listened' to her. In other words; Lucien was nothing but a puppet to Theresa, as he was meant to build the spire for her. Of course, Lucien wasn't aware of that, as Theresa managed to convince him somehow... as she did to you and rose.
That really doesn't answer my question. If we stipulate that Theresa was using Lucien to get the Spire and could see everything, then we have to wonder why she let the Hero be killed on hero hill that day. How would that benefit her?

She wasn't suprised when saying that; she was rather ****ed off. Then, she wanted to find a reason, so that Hammer would fight along with you. And the reason is, the murder of the Abbot.
Why would she need to find a reason if she already knew what was going to happen? She also said the ritual needed to go forth in order to find the Pilgrim. Actually the ritual had little to do with it; it was, as you stated, the murder of the Abbot.

Correct. She wasn't aware of Garth's cullis gate, but that doesn't change the fact she cannot look into the future.
I never debated that she couldn't look into the future; I said she didn't know everything. This proves she doesn't know every little thing about what's going on.

Reaver and his village (Bloodstone), was surrounded by Wraithmarsh and Banshees.
On three sides only, the other side is a sea coast. Considering she spends most of her time in the guild cave in the middle of Bower Lake I assume her powers can stretch across waters.

Again, I'm not saying that Theresa isn't a seeress and a tarot reader, she clearly is, but I maintain that there is evidence to suggest there may be 'holes' in her knowledge. She claims that she has visions, which also suggests to me that such visions come to her without her seeking them; in Fable Theresa saw her visions, originally, via dreams. Another problem with her being all knowing and evil is the fact that there would be no viable way for a future Hero to destroy her.

It's impossible to know her nature until we know what she wants with the Spire, and they really REALLY better continue that in the next game. Really.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^im thinking we'll never know her true powers because then there is a limit to them. Which is bad for storymaking because then say your hero needs to go to another dimension and all of a sudden Theresa can teleport you. This isnt real just an example of what gewd storywriters do. Like when theresa read luciens dairy and Hammer said she was blind theresa said "i can see other worlds two" just a way to help things make sense. She can see into the future but they cant let her see everything then there wewd be no story

L

laharl

there would be but it would suck

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

FiliusMartis;248712 said:
You realize that before continuing the debate you admitted that nobody is sure of Theresa's powers exactly, correct? Then where are you getting absolute fact that she saw and knew everything? I never once debated that she was a seeress; I questioned exactly how much she was able to see.
That's correct. I'm not stating that any of us is sure of Theresa's powers at all.

That really doesn't answer my question. If we stipulate that Theresa was using Lucien to get the Spire and could see everything, then we have to wonder why she let the Hero be killed on hero hill that day. How would that benefit her?
It would benefit her. If he didn't kill you, he would have been aware of you, being a live, thus, attempting to kill Lucien will fail. He will know of your whereabouts. Don't forget Lucien's much stronger than your character, considering you used the magic box to drain his powers.

Why would she need to find a reason if she already knew what was going to happen? She also said the ritual needed to go forth in order to find the Pilgrim. Actually the ritual had little to do with it; it was, as you stated, the murder of the Abbot.
She needed Lucien to send a henchman to kill the Abbot. If the abbot wouldn't have been killed, Hammer wouldn't have had a reason to fight.

I never debated that she couldn't look into the future; I said she didn't know everything. This proves she doesn't know every little thing about what's going on.
Correct. She doesn't know everything. That would ruin the plot anyways.

On three sides only, the other side is a sea coast. Considering she spends most of her time in the guild cave in the middle of Bower Lake I assume her powers can stretch across waters.
Did you forget the new composition of the Fable 2 map? The Guild Cave is nowhere near Wraithmarsh/Bloodstone at all.

Again, I'm not saying that Theresa isn't a seeress and a tarot reader, she clearly is, but I maintain that there is evidence to suggest there may be 'holes' in her knowledge. She claims that she has visions, which also suggests to me that such visions come to her without her seeking them; in Fable Theresa saw her visions, originally, via dreams. Another problem with her being all knowing and evil is the fact that there would be no viable way for a future Hero to destroy her.
Exactly! This is the precise argument I was looking for, as I have stated, countless times - I'm pretty sure Theresa will be the antagonist. Perhaps a protagonist, but I'd doubt that. I don't think we will fight Theresa in fable 3, but her futuristic minion instead?
Besides, I think Theresa will be the main boss in the last Fable serie. That would be logical. And yes, I'm certain that Theresa still has visions.

L

laharl

HOW DO u get 300 posts if u post like that <_< +rep