• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This is why I hate the ocean.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
It's disappointing to know that we'll never be able to explore places like that since it's impossible to go faster than the speed of light. If only we had a ship that moved the entire universe while the ship stays in one place...
breaking news, light does not travel at a constant rate and we have managed to get particles to travel faster than what we perceived to be the one and only speed of light within a lab.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
breaking news, light does not travel at a constant rate and we have managed to get particles to travel faster than what we perceived to be the one and only speed of light within a lab.
As far as I know, nothing is faster than light. In a vacuum, that is.
In water, scientists managed to get electrons faster than the light in that same water. It's called the Cherenkov effect.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Im no scientist but i can without question say there is definatley life in Europe.
...I mean Europa, of course. Although, Europa is Dutch for Europe... And no, there is no life over here! I should know, 'cause I live here. Waaaiit a minute...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Or islands are like suns, and the fish are like planets, in which casethe fish wouldn't count. I'd like people to elaborate on their analogy.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
My theory since I was little is, because of how much ocean there is, that's where alot of dinasaurs went to go live :)

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
My theory since I was little is, because of how much ocean there is, that's where alot of dinasaurs went to go live :)

well, there's al ot of sky. Why didn't they go fly?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
well, there's al ot of sky. Why didn't they go fly?

Cause there's a lot of Sea-dwelling Dinasaurs. Not to mention, I sort of ment after all hell exploded for them, I'm pretty sure the sky must have been full of ashes, or what not. And they could have, but they probably evolved to differen't types of birds and what not. I mean water creatures stay pretty much the same. Look at Aligators and Crocs. They haven't changed much.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Cause there's a lot of Sea-dwelling Dinasaurs. Not to mention, I sort of ment after all hell exploded for them, I'm pretty sure the sky must have been full of ashes, or what not. And they could have, but they probably evolved to differen't types of birds and what not. I mean water creatures stay pretty much the same. Look at Aligators and Crocs. They haven't changed much.
Actuall,y I was kind of joking, But yeah, 'gators 'n crocs are pretty close the dinosaurs. But apparently, the chicken is the species that has the most genes in common with a T-Rex. Which is also pretty awesome.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Does that mean if you chopped a T-rex's head off he'd run around in a circle for 5 minutes.
YES. That is EXACTLY what I was implying! It also means that, how weird it may sound, a T-Rex can't fly. Imagine that!

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Great, now I'm stuck imagining a T-Rex running around buckawing and pecking the ground all day.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Actuall,y I was kind of joking, But yeah, 'gators 'n crocs are pretty close the dinosaurs.

Actually, they're not really close. Crocodiles and alligators existed back when the dinosaurs were around, only immensely larger. They survived unchanged and dinosaurs became birdies.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Actually, they're not really close. Crocodiles and alligators existed back when the dinosaurs were around, only immensely larger. They survived unchanged and dinosaurs became birdies.
Well, that's what I meant, a'right. ;)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Once again I have to state that exploring planetary bodies is not the same as exploring space.

To draw a parallel with something here on earth: "Space" is the water making up the ocean between "Planets", which would be islands in said ocean.

The goal of exploring space is to find cool stuff, like black holes and neutron stars. Magellen didn't cirumnavigate the Earth to find new oceans, he was looking for new lands.

When you get past gravity and atmosphere, light travels at a constant rate.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
All I am saying is that technically when you talk about space exploration, you don't mean planetary exploration. The water between the islands, not the islands themselves.

That is all.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
All I am saying is that technically when you talk about space exploration, you don't mean planetary exploration. The water between the islands, not the islands themselves.

That is all.
But we already know a lot about water.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The water is analogous with space.