• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where is everyone? *SPOILERS*

Archmenel

Reaction score
How dear of you. You are a saint. I am truly honoured *laughs*.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Just don't thrust vulgarly at Reaver, you don't know what might happen.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Agreed. You can have Reaver.

I want to pursue Theresa. Just something *inhales dramatically* incredibly potent about a wrinkled, leather bag with glowing eye sockets and an article of clothing that has been worn for centuries...and probably never washed.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Mmm, yeah I can see the appeal. I'll take Reaver any day. Right after I become experienced enough to thrust vulgarly at him.

Archmenel

Reaction score
You are just an interesting person. And perhaps a bit insane as well *evil grin*.

All this talk of Reaver has me really wanting to see him return in some DLC, along with many other characters we associated with. I want to meet Sabine again and see if Boulder is capable of anything more than monosyllabic utterances. Actually, no, I would be chuffed to hear him say something simple...like hello, for instance.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll file that under compliments :D

Ugh, me too. I'd love to see Reaver again. Doing... Reaver things. And yeah, Sabine, he was a crazy sort of fellow. I wouldn't mind catching up with him. The only thing that sticks out in my mind about Boulder is in the first cut scene where Sabine is listing his demands to your Hero, your dog is licking Boulder's chest. I couldn't look away; I was confused.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
For a minute there, I thought for the millionth time this thread was derailed. It was rescued thank god.

I think I've had enough Reaverage for a life time. Sabine sounds good. Though with Lionheads track record I doubt it. That guy with the gnome was pure awesomeness. I wouldn't mind a really comical DLC. Though having some returning characters would be pretty cool.

Archmenel

Reaction score
And, according to my ever-growing observations of you, of course that would be what you would observe.

I noticed Boulder quite a bit, every time he was in a scene, in fact. Something interesting about a man who is eight-feet high, only grunts, has an affection for dogs, and shadows a wizened little fireball of a man like Sabine.

I wanted to see him in combat. Well, both of them.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Yes, Brian with his gnomes. That would be terrific.

Only so we don't have to find and gleefully destroy fifty more of the buggers. I had enough.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Ignoring all of the sexual Reaver related things I've brought into your "Fable" playing lives, I would really not be happy if "Fable IV" didn't bring him back. He's my favorite character by far. I think he brings an incredible outrageous, debauched, amoral aspect to the game that, I know I, would definitely miss.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
And, according to my ever-growing observations of you, of course that would be what you would observe.

You can't imagine the immensity of the lol I just had. It really wasn't anything sexual but how could you not notice that. It's so weird.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ignoring all of the sexual Reaver related things I've brought into your "Fable" playing lives, I would really not be happy if "Fable IV" didn't bring him back. He's my favorite character by far. I think he brings an incredible outrageous, debauched, amoral aspect to the game that, I know I, would definitely miss.

It'll depend on what the next game is like. If its a prequel or sequel. If its another sequel he'll popped up somewhere he ALWAYS does.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Ahh, true true. I'd like to see a prequel because I'd love to see Scythe return as well. But sacrificing dear Reaver would hurt. I was so excited to find he was being brought back for III and even more stoked that he had such a big role (all other characters considered).

Archmenel

Reaction score

I do agree. I would like to see him again. Though, for a third appearance; I would expect something new (but not rubbish!). Keep those aspects you listed so well and yet add something to the layers that make up Reaver. I want to know more about the man behind the narcissist. It is my belief that there is more to him than meets the eye, or there could be.

Archmenel

Reaction score
I would like to see him return in DLC.

There shouldn't be anymore leaps into the future for Fable. It is now quite modern enough.

ohvegeta

Reaction score
Oh definitely same here. I would love his backstory. I'm a total sucker for what makes a villain (so to speak) a villain. I don't remember the exact wording of it but his diary pages in his house in II explained a tiny bit of it. I believe it implied that he didn't know the Shadow Court was going to destroy everyone and everything in Oakvale and he felt that loss. His lover was killed there too. And that's when he changed his name to Reaver and, presumably, began to carry on as he does.

I'd like to see more character depth with him in the next game. He could be expanded upon so greatly.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Do you think they'll ever do a Scythe reappearance. Or will it be just like the Sandgoose. Keeping on dropping hints about them until Fable Fans have multiple seizures.

Scythe was just pure awesomeness....a comeback is most wished.