• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who feels lied to by PM?

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score
Re: who feels lied to by PM?

I know what your saying izumo, We were promised these things, We recieved these things. He didnt lie, he just made it seem way more intricate and biologically reactive than it actually is. He said town will be built over time (we picture NPC's brick by brick expanding thier towns) We got a linear reaction based off of an "if then" statement, "If choice one and completed said quest then Remodeled light temple. He gave us what he said he would but what he gave us was not what he led us to beleive it was. LIke the plant a tree and watch it grow thing, we did plant a tree and it tied to the story line and Im sure actually planting trees is possible, they were probobly going to add that. But, you have to consider how that one feature would effect the world around it. What if you planted a tree on the path to old bowerstone? You wouldnt be able to take that road. What if you planted it next to a fence, the tree would have to grow around the fence so on and so forth. Eventually games should go that far, but we have to understand we cant really have that right now. We werent lied to, we were "Tall Taled". But Is it not the coolest game ever?

I

izumo7

i mean it is a great game but as you put it "tall taleing" ****s me off

D

Deathscoil

Steampunk;223800 said:
I know what your saying izumo, We were promised these things, We recieved these things. He didnt lie, he just made it seem way more intricate and biologically reactive than it actually is. He said town will be built over time (we picture NPC's brick by brick expanding thier towns) We got a linear reaction based off of an "if then" statement, "If choice one and completed said quest then Remodeled light temple. He gave us what he said he would but what he gave us was not what he led us to beleive it was. LIke the plant a tree and watch it grow thing, we did plant a tree and it tied to the story line and Im sure actually planting trees is possible, they were probobly going to add that. But, you have to consider how that one feature would effect the world around it. What if you planted a tree on the path to old bowerstone? You wouldnt be able to take that road. What if you planted it next to a fence, the tree would have to grow around the fence so on and so forth. Eventually games should go that far, but we have to understand we cant really have that right now. We werent lied to, we were "Tall Taled". But Is it not the coolest game ever?
If it wasn't what we were led to believe, he shouldn't have said it in the first place. Don't talk something up if you can't see it through.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Well yeah, When my games hits the net Im not gonna be dishonest and sasy something the fans might elaborate on and expect too much from. He shouldnt have, he is legendary for talking too much though. Apparently he did it with fable 1. But Hes a designer, I would be excited too, its what he wants its his baby, he cant be more excited for it, and IM proud of it, but the gap between what we thought it was and what it is, is quite large. But then again what should he have said? "The towns kinda grow, its about what you choose and you dont really get to see it happening, Yeah you can kinda plant a tree, well these npcs do, well, you assume they do" ? No dude, thats stupid he explained it perfectly, we just didnt understand what he was trying to say, if he explained how it all worked he would have ruined the story he would have put us off. But the man is a knight for crying out loud lets show him a little more respect for his art. We bought for 50 bucks what he spent millions on, its damn good. Still could be better. But a fool swears theres nothing left to learn.

I

izumo7

well i look towards the future for 3,4,5 he still has a lot of room for improvement

T

Tymolus

Steampunk;223800 said:
Nicely put :ninja:
I looooove this game :devil:

D

Deathscoil

Steampunk;223853 said:
Well yeah, When my games hits the net Im not gonna be dishonest and sasy something the fans might elaborate on and expect too much from. He shouldnt have, he is legendary for talking too much though. Apparently he did it with fable 1. But Hes a designer, I would be excited too, its what he wants its his baby, he cant be more excited for it, and IM proud of it, but the gap between what we thought it was and what it is, is quite large. But then again what should he have said? "The towns kinda grow, its about what you choose and you dont really get to see it happening, Yeah you can kinda plant a tree, well these npcs do, well, you assume they do" ? No dude, thats stupid he explained it perfectly, we just didnt understand what he was trying to say, if he explained how it all worked he would have ruined the story he would have put us off. But the man is a knight for crying out loud lets show him a little more respect for his art. We bought for 50 bucks what he spent millions on, its damn good. Still could be better. But a fool swears theres nothing left to learn.
I'm not trying to show disrespect, but it's a slap to the face of fans to talk something up and fail to deliver to the extent you made them believe.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Well yeah maybe coil, but we all expect something different, If you would have been a member earlier than the game was released you would understand there were some here who were purposly keeping thier expectations low because we as True gamers know what its like to look forward to a game and not get what you wanted, thats EVERY game dude. But yeah, everyone here knows me and everyone here knows ive put this game through an honest review, Its good and its incomplete all at once, It could have been better but like I said only a fool declares perfection (claiming theres nothing left to learn or change). Peter knows, there is more could have and will do and he will nod his head when/if he reads this. Im sure he wants sea monsters, better multiplayer, more creatures the list goes on and on. But there are very good reasons why there werent. IM in school for game design and we talk about storyboarding and production and there is such a thing as too much, there is such a thing as too little and repeating yourself ntoo, which fable 2 did a lot of. BUt Did you enjoy it? I did, even though I didnt get my Limited edition Silver key and treasure chest lol, I didnt get my Hals armor and wreckager, I didnt get my dragons. But I got my game and Im satisfied and impressed by F2. Dont forget there is more coming, DLC.

I

izumo7

steam you and i have similar ideas i like the way you think

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

Cool, thx for the compliment izumo. Oh yeah, also, I the clothing on the cover isnt in the game, thos cool boots arent in it either, the highwayman boots are close but not.

I

izumo7

off topic but has anyone played rpg maker for ps2 thats the game that made me give up my game makeing dreams but was a great exprience

D

Deathscoil

I'm not trying to declare perfection, I expected what was spoken, and I didn't get what was spoken to the level that they made it out to be, and while you "true gamers" may keep your expectations low, I can't help but get excited if I'm promised all these nifty features, only to be given a half-assed version of the features.

I never said I hated Fable, but they definitely could have done more before shipping, such as polishing. The game is good, but I feel as though they shipped it too soon. They shipped without co-op in the box, granted a patch was released on launch day, but the games release could have waited. The co-op also feels like something they just wanted to get out to make people happy, instead of making co-op what it could have been, great.

Saints Row did it, why couldn't Fable? Kingdom Under Fire did it too. I'm not trying to compare Fable to these games, but what they did just feels like a slap to the face.

"Here, we are going to give you all of these awesome features."
"Sweet."
"HAHA, psyche. Not really, we are going to give you some, but not what we said, so the fanboys can't call us liars, even though you're getting shafted."

I

izumo7

he never said you were the person he was talking about when he said those who think the game is perfect are idoits

D

Deathscoil

Then I misread, but it certainly felt like it.

I

izumo7

no prob but its a forum dont be insulted for your opinion i understand that you want todefend your self

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

No dude I knew it came off that way after I read it, Too bad I cant type tone of voice. What Im saying is you did get what you were told you would get, just not how you expected you would get it. He gave us what he said he would, but we didnt see what he was talking about before we we let down, so we had many months to visualize and imagine what it would be like. We got it, but it wasnt what we thought we would get. Its not like peter changed the game at the last minute to contradict himself. Like I said, he is epic for exsageration.

I

izumo7

Steampunk;223995 said:
No dude I knew it came off that way after I read it, Too bad I cant type tone of voice. What Im saying is you did get what you were told you would get, just not how you expected you would get it. He gave us what he said he would, but we didnt see what he was talking about before we we let down, so we had many months to visualize and imagine what it would be like. We got it, but it wasnt what we thought we would get. Its not like peter changed the game at the last minute to contradict himself. Like I said, he is epic for exsageration.

you seem to have followed the fable 1 hype up but theres a few things that the game does not have that are implied like seasons equal 4 not 2 or 3 and character creation equals that you get an option of how your character looks like skin color, eye color, etc

Dentie

Reaction score

izumo7;223602 said:
the biggest thing that i hate SPOILERS is that the game is less then 10 hours to complete (only story) which PM said would be longer

i have played like 20 hours right now and im at the crucible
you wanna know how?? because im fascinated about how the game is made and everey time i say to myself now i'm going todo a main quest but then i get distracted by sidequests if you go trough the game in 10 hours you do nothing else then main quests:rolleyes:

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

...How many more topics are we going to have of this? Really?

No offense, but yes, it is what was promised. Peter Molyneaux gets really into what he's saying and makes it sound like God on Earth. I'm sorry, but I got what I expected. We tossed ideas around a lot in the forum itself, and I think some of that may have been taken as fact on occasion which doesn't help. Honestly, the Fable games are not, and will never be, for everyone. That's just life. That's why there's not just one RPG out there. Never go into a Fable game expecting it to be difficult and have a lot of armor and weapons to constantly upgrade. That's just not going to happen. Don't go into it expecting it will actually be the greatest thing you've ever seen either. And yes, keep in mind that PM doesn't actually lie to us (he's not evil, just really jumpy), but he does overexaggerate, and sometimes something is removed from the game that he doesn't realized is removed (someone really needs to keep him up to date on those things). They've done a far better job this time, however.

Overall, whatever your perception, I'd say it's nothing compared to the original Fable versus what it was originally supposed to be.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

OMG izumo has a point but so dew the other guys yeah he can stop playing if he doesnt like the game but if someone tells you all this **** and you dont get it the fact is its not the game you paid for so he has a right to be upset