• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who feels lied to by PM?

K

Kutters

Re: who feels lied to by PM?

yeah, i love fable 2. but it's definately not all i expected to be. and no matter how much "it is what you expected, you just got too hyped up" or "don't play if you don't like it" is going to change that fact that i DID do a lot of side quests, and im still about to beat the game after 12 hours of playing it. yes it's very short. and yes, there aren't very many clothes to choose from(that actually look good). there's a lot of stuff to me that just seems like they didn't go for the full idea of what they promised. but it is still a fun game. either way im kinda disappointed with it. but i still think it's very very fun

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Kutters;224183 said:
yeah, i love fable 2. but it's definately not all i expected to be. and no matter how much "it is what you expected, you just got too hyped up" or "don't play if you don't like it" is going to change that fact that i DID do a lot of side quests, and im still about to beat the game after 12 hours of playing it. yes it's very short. and yes, there aren't very many clothes to choose from(that actually look good). there's a lot of stuff to me that just seems like they didn't go for the full idea of what they promised. but it is still a fun game. either way im kinda disappointed with it. but i still think it's very very fun
yeah im in the middle like that 2. A gewd game just im alil dissapionted

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I am wondering how many people feel just a little homesick for TLC. Maybe they should have a Fable game that starts from there. This game is 500 years later, and things have diffinitely changed. It's darker, more mature, and tears at the heart sometimes. Maybe if certain things didn't happen, people would like it more. :unsure: Just a thought.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

well actually i thought the storyline needed more suspense and thrill

Zebinia

Kuahana
Reaction score

Honestly, I've yet to feel love for my dog or family. Which as we all know was hyped to heaven by Peter. The dog isn't very dynamic. After about 30 minutes of gameplay I was already bored of him. I just didn't find it engaging at all. Sure he helped me find treasure but it just wasn't what he made it out to be at all. For all his talk about brining emotion into the game I hardly felt any. In this day and age we shouldn't be emoting out way into love with a few simple emotes. Mass Effects dialog system was brilliant and this games dialog system feels at least a generation out of date.

R

Rolandk73

STOP
Fable II is perfect. I like it just the way it is. Don't mess with my status quo. I like the status quo!

I

izumo7

NO OFFENSE ROLAND BUT ARE YOU****ING BONKERS IT DEFINITELY IS NOT PERFECT (sorry for caps just relized cap locks were on)

R

Rolandk73

izumo7;224561 said:
NO OFFENSE ROLAND BUT ARE YOU****ING BONKERS IT DEFINITELY IS NOT PERFECT (sorry for caps just relized cap locks were on)
I'm just joking around:p:ninja:(ninja)

Caboose

Immortal Warrior
Reaction score

izumo7;224561 said:

WTF??? if you had time to type "sorry for caps just realized caps lock was on"
wouldn't you have been able to go back and change it back to normal Font????

Noob.

I

izumo7

im lazy it seems like more work to type the same words over

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Look, even though I agree that it isn't perfect, that's no reason to get quite that angry. Call down, guys.

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

izumo7;224877 said:
im lazy it seems like more work to type the same words over
Everybody else has to use Grammar and you don't see us complaining..
Anyway the Acorn thing happens in a quest and the same lines are rarely uttered.
I hardly even stick around to listen to people's lines,The only reason you hear them is because you stand next to them for fifteen minutes listening to everything they say.
By the way,Do you know how long it would take to record over 1000 lines from different people and make sure it would take 1 hour to hear them all?!

I

izumo7

ok well hey sandgoose chill out im not saying any thing offensive to you so dont to me and i know how hard it is to record and listen and edit and re-record but thats like me saying on nationaltv im going to raise 1 billion dollars starting with one dollar for a orginization/charity i mean that seems hard to impossible but well when i fail everyone will hate me the point is dont promise what you cant deliver

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

izumo7;225051 said:
ok well hey sandgoose chill out im not saying any thing offensive to you so dont to me and i know how hard it is to record and listen and edit and re-record but thats like me saying on nationaltv im going to raise 1 billion dollars starting with one dollar for a orginization/charity i mean that seems hard to impossible but well when i fail everyone will hate me the point is dont promise what you cant deliver

...What?
Ime not blasting out at you it's just I can't understand you.
At all.

And when did PM "Promise" anything?
He hinted he was going to make these features a possibility...

I

izumo7

it wasnt PM who said the voice comment it was a person in one of the staff interviews and he said exactly this "you would have to play the game for a long time to hear dialouge over but you wont hear it in one play through" so

G

Garth

To the OP -

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008...-grow-in-fable-2-multiple-acorns-unconfirmed/
Multiplayer: Can you clarify the capacity of acorns growing into trees for “Fable 2″?
Molyneux: I can tell you definitively that there is absolutely an acorn and it does absolutely grow into a tree. And it is actually part of the story now. We decided we got into so much trouble over acorns and trees that we are going to make it part of the main thread of the story in “Fable 2″.

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/inside-fable-ii?page=0,2
There’s also no repetition during our time in the town, not a single line, and Molyneux is keen to emphasise that the 120,000 lines of dialogue have been recorded for precisely this reason. Will that bear out after days with the game rather than hours, though? “Honestly? I’m sure there might be some you’ll hear again in your entire play,” says Copley, “but we’ve balanced the stats so heavily, and we’ve so much dialogue that it’s quite unlikely unless you’re hammering the same interaction again and again and again and trying to break it.”

As for the cities growing over time, you have only to play the game to see them change and take shape. Particularly after
Sparrow's years at the Spire.

It's fine if people wish some things were different about the game, but PM was very careful not to promise anything this time around. The few ideas he said were there "for sure" in the game were indeed present.

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

"I hardly even stick around to listen to people's lines,The only reason you hear them is because you stand next to them for fifteen minutes listening to everything they say."

...Stop listening to them for 15 minutes straight,Its a RPG not a voice tape.
And dude,Write in bullet points if you don't know how to use sentences.

L

Lexi00

I don't feel anymore lied to by PM as I do with any hype mongering game designer. As least PM gave us an awesome game.. Just look at Will Wright and his toys 'r 'us life sim.

Its like this.. If Peter had said "I'm going to make a flying car that runs on water" but then only made a car that runs on water.. I might be a little disapointed, but hell my car would be running on water!

I

izumo7

okay when you hear if only we had a ring more then 5 times where i memorize that then its a problem.
im to old for the back and forth of your opinion and this a forum for a game so dont try to insult me because i have a opinion seriously were to old so if you dont like my opinion then try to disprove which has been done and made me change my opinion to how PM hyped the game up. BUT dont just point out a mistake on my sentences does that disprove my opinion well no it doesnt so please people write something valid