• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why hate the USA?

J

Johnnycky94

Why hate the USA?

Im an american and very proud to be one. Thee greatest country in the world. Why does europe have a problem with us? Please explain

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Why hate the USA?

Some just do, just like some Americans hate us. Maybe some of us take offence to being called snaggle toothed, tea drinking, slow connection pussies who need US help in every war...

J

Johnnycky94

Well i have no reason to hate you guys, since youa re the ones helping us out the most.....and im english

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

That's a strange question to ask. I don't know anyone who "hates" America, all countries can't love eachother i guess...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I don`t hate America, I´d really like to go there someday.
Maybe it`s just that the media is constantly saying American people are stupid or that they stick their nose into other peoples business.

J

Johnnycky94

Europe has some questional choice words for us, just bc of Iraq.....and Iraq is a great thing to save those people from tyranny and AL Queda

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Johnnycky94;191922 said:
Well i have no reason to hate you guys, since youa re the ones helping us out the most.....and im english

Im english and i dont hate Americans (obviously) and have some American friends but still some hate on me for being english, just the way it is with some people.

J

Johnnycky94

Media is bias, its hard to find a independent source in todays world. But we just try and help thats all..........The reason why we can is just that...we are powerfull enough to help anyone out

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Sweden>Rest of the world.

asterix-and-the-vikings-8.jpg

On a more serious note - take a look at the world today. The middle-east in particular. Is it really so hard to see why a lot of people dislike the way America is doing things?

J

Johnnycky94

Well i dont think its hate, really except for "Wave the White Flag" France

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Johnnycky94;191926 said:
Europe has some questional choice words for us, just bc of Iraq.....and Iraq is a great thing to save those people from tyranny and AL Queda

For example, Estonia has send their troops to Iraq to help USA, but most disagree to that and say it`s not our problem and we shouldn`t send our men to die (three have died, one through accident, though).

J

Johnnycky94

Im sorry for your losses, but i think its for the best, those people were suffering alott.....they needed help out their

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Xenophobia and hatred of other countries is more deep-rooted than many realise. America, I don't know about. It's relatively young, with respect to its history from pilgrims onwards, but if you look at the seething hatred between those in the British Isles alone, you can see that whilst there is nothing overt to make them feel this way, there is something deep in the history which has passed down from generation to generation, causing conflicts spanning hundreds of years which when you ask a Scotsman/Irishman why he despises the English, he may not necessarily be able to give you an answer (although some will).

Personally? I think a lot of the irritation with America comes from a combination of their apparent relentless patriotism which borders on narcissism at times, and their seemingly bull-in-china-shop approach to world affairs both past and present. Couple this with media (mis)representation and the long-held view of "showing up late for every war then claiming the victory"/ "overpaid, over-sexed and over here" which stems from the 1940's or thereabouts and you have a rather compelling reason to feel annoyance if not something stronger for this brash young country which has very swiftly risen to being the biggest global power we have (until China rail us all...).

Perhaps the British get annoyed in principle because we used to be top dog and now we have the backbone of a jellyfish?

I don't hate America - I've met some real morons from there, but then there are plenty of idiots in any country you go to. What the leader of one nation may decide to do is not representative of the whole nation. Stereotypes usually come about through an element of truth sprinkled liberally with jealousy, pride and a desire to promote oneself over another by tearing down anything they can get a handle on - be it that person's abilities, accent, president or fast-food culture.

Just my opinion is all.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Every country has the same percentage of dumbasses. America, however, has such a huge population compared to an average European country that while their "decent guy-to-dumbass"-ratio remains the same, they have more of them over there.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

:lol: - well, I wouldn't know as the majority I have met have been rather pleasant amongst the usual idiocy of "your country can't look after itself so we have to save your asses every time you make a mistake". Which is swiftly rebutted wth "We gave you your language" Witty stuff, yes? :rolleyes:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Or that when living in a world`s number one superpower, you don`t have to know much about the outside world (because we are the world - duh!). Only that there`s a war in Iraq, because we`re part of it.

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

NO COMMENT

J

Johnnycky94

Just bomb the **** out of iraq. But with leaders who re weak ex. liberals, they wont do anything gutsy

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I still don't really understand the whole Iraq thing - I really don't. I'm not sure whether this war has lost sight of its original purpose...if indeed there was one....

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;191920 said:
Some just do, just like some Americans hate us. Maybe some of us take offence to being called snaggle toothed, tea drinking, slow connection pussies who need US help in every war...

Those American people who say stuff like that are rich white people who had nothing else better to do than hate on people form other places and don't know how good they have it. And they hate on people so far away because they have really small #$%^s and can't hate people to their face.

American's have it great. As for me, I really would love to live in England.
And I would take a greater offence if someone called any of that.

Dark Drakan;191928 said:
Im english and i dont hate Americans (obviously) and have some American friends but still some hate on me for being english, just the way it is with some people.

[ Whiny voice ] Am I your friend? [ /whiny voice]

I hate haters ( pun? ) :ninja: