• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why hate the USA?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Why hate the USA?

took the words right out of my mouth. people tell me that if i dont like this country i should leave, and believe me, i will as soon as i get the money. also, your post reminded me of what we americans love to do, spend money we dont have on things we dont need. so we can max out our credit cards, get fatter than holy hell, and spend the rest of our lives paying off intrest on somthing that cost 12.50. and we didnt like it when we got it home anyway. thats another George Carlin quote. i love that man. shame hes dead.

and like it was said before, the people dont run this country, the big buisnesses do. we dont have a free country anymore, we have owners. they own us. and our education system is going to hell too, cuz the buisness people only want money, they do not want inteligent free thinking citizens capable of creating their own opinions. they want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to oporate the machines, but just dumb enough to passivly ignor now badly they are being ****ed by the upper 1%. thats mor George Carlin stuff by the way. i think way too highly of George Carlin to claim any of his stuff as my own, or to even type his name in lower case. he is my idol. a comedian yes, but such a clever man. and what he says he says to be funny, but there is so much truth to what he says (although he is a bit overly vulgar with his language, but i feel the same way he does about swearing, in that words can not be good or bad. just words.).

S

SilentFilmStar

TJ Griffin;192662 said:
took the words right out of my mouth. people tell me that if i dont like this country i should leave, and believe me, i will as soon as i get the money. also, your post reminded me of what we americans love to do, spend money we dont have on things we dont need. so we can max out our credit cards, get fatter than holy hell, and spend the rest of our lives paying off intrest on somthing that cost 12.50. and we didnt like it when we got it home anyway. thats another George Carlin quote. i love that man. shame hes dead.

and like it was said before, the people dont run this country, the big buisnesses do. we dont have a free country anymore, we have owners. they own us. and our education system is going to hell too, cuz the buisness people only want money, they do not want inteligent free thinking citizens capable of creating their own opinions. they want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to oporate the machines, but just dumb enough to passivly ignor now badly they are being ****ed by the upper 1%. thats mor George Carlin stuff by the way. i think way too highly of George Carlin to claim any of his stuff as my own, or to even type his name in lower case. he is my idol. a comedian yes, but such a clever man. and what he says he says to be funny, but there is so much truth to what he says (although he is a bit overly vulgar with his language, but i feel the same way he does about swearing, in that words can not be good or bad. just words.).

You are an okay guy, I like you. :cool:

Have you seen Wall-e? All the people on that space station is about 300 pounds or more. They are saying that it may not be that far from the truth, that by 2030 thats how most Americans will look.

And yes George Carlin was (and still is) amazing. He said what he thought and he told the truth a lot of the time. Its cool how funny the truth can be. I was shocked when he died, I thought he was going to live forever. He was on the Chris Rock show last night on HBO talking about how he is still alive and everything (it was from 1997 I think) and it made me sad. :'(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

ya. i only recently discovered him, and he died soon after. and it made me sad. i really wish i could have met him. and now im gradgualy buying just about all of his shows on cd and/or dvd.

here is a clasic of his from the cd "class clown". he actually sung it, and quite well.

oh beautiful for smoggy skies, insectisided grain.
for strip-mined mountains majesty, above the asphalt plane.
america, america. man sheds his waste on thee.
and hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.

and thanks, i think your an okay guy too. :cool: nice to see another free thinking individual.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Angel;192525 said:
Perhaps because I have little pride in my own country I fail to fully get the whole allegiance to the flag type stuff...

Hell, over here if someone started pledging anything to the St George Cross they'd probably be done for citing racial hatred or some other retarded charge :lol:

agreed! I work for a council in the U.K and we we're not allowed to celebrate St George's day, try telling an American that they can not celebrate president's day! o_O

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

SilentFilmStar;192659 said:
I personally think this country is going to crap.
We are in the middle of a recession right now AND "helping" Iraq. I think we should stop focusing on other countries and focus on fixing ours. I mean hell America has a debt of $53 trillion, America has been in nation debt since the 50's. Bush says we are in Iraq to help and "stop terr" but he is really just finishing what his dad started. He is only after the oil.

Its hard for Americans to not look stupid with a leader such as Bush. I would personally like to live in England more then America. I can't stand our "government". Today, it seems, that everyone is living just to be in debt. Student loan annual interests are so high it takes 15 years just to pay off your loans. Want to get married and buy a house? You just paid off your student loans and feeling good, now you have to get a loan to buy a house... Most people don't pay off their houses these days. It's mostly getting a loan, buying a house and making payments, then you move and sell your house, put a down payment on a house, pay off some more of your loan and then buy your new house. Its an ongoing process, unless you want a small house that you can pay off in about... 5 years.

This country is all about credit, if your credit is bad you're screwed for life.
England is much the same - no one can afford anything because nearly every person is in huge amounts of debt. Every TV ad break is peppered with loans, debt management services and insolvency opportunities. No one can afford to buy a house so everyone rents and ends up in the red. Uni is out of the question for many and jobs are thin on the ground with the influx of eastern europeans - which leads to racism and an increase in support for the neo-nazi group known as the British National Party.

Thing is, common sense is to fix your own country before trying to fix someone else's - if America or England went to counselling, the counsellor would first ask them to work on themselves before turning to outside issues and that's the best way to do things. But it's messed up - our country spends a lot of money on foreign nationals and ignores the British homeless. Healthcare, housing and food are available more to those who have just arrived rather than those who have paid taxes and been born here. So we end up with massive racial debates when it's not about race - it's about making sure the country is capable and healthy enough to cope with newcomers instead of it crippling our economy and making jobs more scarce than unicorns. It's not racism to want job and financial security in your own country. And I do not believe it is racism to petition the government to put a stopper on the tide of people coming into the nation until they have sorted its own nationals out first - it's common sense.

If we are so-called World Leaders, us and America, we should lead by example - fixing ourselves up so we are in the best position to help others IF THEY WANT IT. But instead we have a "do as I say not as I do" attitude...

Skorm's Boss;192706 said:
agreed! I work for a council in the U.K and we we're not allowed to celebrate St George's day, try telling an American that they can not celebrate president's day! o_O
Yeah...stupid thing is, it's white middle class people who make these insane rules - the Muslims, Sikhs, Eastern Europeans and everyone else in between don't give a crap if we have a flag outside or not - or if we celebrate a particular day. In an attempt to be "multi-cultural" and "multi-faith", we are in effect more segregated than before. Most Muslims here are at least second generation now and so they are as British as I am, but for some reason the idiots at the top feel the need to squash all Britishness for fear of alienating them...

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

the world is destroying it's self, not due to war, or famine, or plague, but because of silly old men (and women) squashing the life out of everyone below them. Why do we allow this? Because that is the way it has always been, and at the end of the day, we are all afraid of change

R

Rhadiel

Im American. i don't think what the US is doing is exactly the best solution. but its practically the only one...Ive heard ppl even on youtube saying that the Americans are the terrorist and were there just for oil. **** them. if u ask me what the terrorist did to us gave us a good reason to be in a bitchy mood. i think its just that all the controversy is making everyone jump, paranoid, and power hungry

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I don't know how deep the whole east vs America thing goes, really...it's more than twin towers and oil, it would seem...

Lionheart

Reaction score

Europe doesn't have a problem its just when you proclaim that your country is the greatest in the world people feel a little that thats an insult to there's but i'm british so we have a very good relationship with america :)

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Lionheart;192777 said:
but i'm british so we have a very good relationship with america :)
Do We?o_O
I like the americans I have met, but America as a country has caused it's fair share of problems over the last few years, but then again so have we! Tony "I'm in love with Bush" Blair didn't do us any favours and Golden Brown isn't any better, but if the tories get in they'll be just the same, lets face it the desire to be a politician should stop them from ever being allowed to be one!;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I think the USA's terrible...:lol: I hate it. and I live here. Though I don't think Maine counts.

Lionheart

Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;192779 said:
Do We?o_O
I like the americans I have met, but America as a country has caused it's fair share of problems over the last few years, but then again so have we! Tony "I'm in love with Bush" Blair didn't do us any favours and Golden Brown isn't any better, but if the tories get in they'll be just the same, lets face it the desire to be a politician should stop them from ever being allowed to be one!;)

I agree that e shouldnt have such a reliance on america but i mean we have a good TRADING relationship with america they supply most o four technolagy and appliances ;)

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Lionheart;192796 said:
I agree that e shouldnt have such a reliance on america but i mean we have a good TRADING relationship with america they supply most o four technolagy and appliances ;)

Thanks Lionheart, for your kind words. They are appreciated. :) I love England, and I love my country, there's a lot to love in any country. I just think people are different everywhere. It's not our fault that only the very wealthy, are ever elected, into office. If we could get a normal middle class person elected, with half a brain, that would help with public relations. Bush, isn't very smart.

J

Johnnycky94

§ephiroxa§;192795 said:
I think the USA's terrible...:lol: I hate it. and I live here. Though I don't think Maine counts.

Its not terrible! are you kidding me.....live in the congo and see if you would think the united states is terrible. ANd tell that to a soldier that america is terrible you will bring them into tears. That just shows you dont care

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I am wondering what it is that breeds such strong patriotic feelings? I've never felt that way about my own country and I'm curious as to why it is some people feel so intense about their homeland?

Genuine question, by the way :)

Lionheart

Reaction score

moonfever;192798 said:
Thanks Lionheart, for your kind words. They are appreciated. :) I love England, and I love my country, there's a lot to love in any country. I just think people are different everywhere. It's not our fault that only the very wealthy, are ever elected, into office. If we could get a normal middle class person elected, with half a brain, that would help with public relations. Bush, isn't very smart.

No worries i like america :p i live in england and well were not THAT patriotic (except in football witch i despise) but i dont think that any countries the best in the world because each country is unique and have there own quirks ^_^

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Johnnycky94;192800 said:
Its not terrible! are you kidding me.....live in the congo and see if you would think the united states is terrible. ANd tell that to a soldier that america is terrible you will bring them into tears. That just shows you dont care

It is terrible. Everyone I've ever met is an a**hole. Most people are mean and closed minded. So yes, in my opinion it's terrible. the PEOPLE not the Place. My friend was a soldier and he dislikes America just as much..so.. I'm not sure what that has to do with anything :unsure:. Everything here just seems so...fake..

J

Johnnycky94

Angel;192801 said:
I am wondering what it is that breeds such strong patriotic feelings? I've never felt that way about my own country and I'm curious as to why it is some people feel so intense about their homeland?

Genuine question, by the way :)

My dad fought in vietnam as a LT. in the aiborne, My Uncle fought in vietnam as infantry, grandnpa fought in korea as a marine, Great uncle dropped on D-day. Other uncle fought in nam too. My parents and family fought for this countryt and are proud of it, so am i to the most part. Military service makes you patriotic or if you know people who are in it.