• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why hate the USA?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Why hate the USA?

Johnnycky94;192805 said:
My dad fought in vietnam as a LT. in the aiborne, My Uncle fought in vietnam as infantry, grandnpa fought in korea as a marine, Great uncle dropped on D-day. Other uncle fought in nam too. My parents and family fought for this countryt and are proud of it, so am i to the most part. Military service makes you patriotic or if you know people who are in it.

I know people in the military and it doesn't change any view or aspect I have on this country. MY cousin, My brother, My friends, Uncles. I hate it here.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I know plenty in the armed forces and I still feel nothing much for this nation...it's not hatred, it's not love...it's just a lack of respect, I suppose. People fought and died for this country 60 years ago and for what? We've just gone steadily downhill ever since...

Back then, maybe there was a good reason to be proud of England. Now, I'm really not so sure...

Lionheart

Reaction score

Johnnycky94;192805 said:
My dad fought in vietnam as a LT. in the aiborne, My Uncle fought in vietnam as infantry, grandnpa fought in korea as a marine, Great uncle dropped on D-day. Other uncle fought in nam too. My parents and family fought for this countryt and are proud of it, so am i to the most part. Military service makes you patriotic or if you know people who are in it.

If it takes war and militray to make you patriotic then thats a little wrong but england uses the milatary the same way so i cant really complain if there keeping me safe :( plus your in-laws are the bravest people for fighting in all those wars :)

Anyone who doesnt like the usa move to england there not enough americans here :w00t:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;192808 said:
People fought and died for this country 60 years ago and for what? We've just gone steadily downhill ever since...

Very True.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;192801 said:
I am wondering what it is that breeds such strong patriotic feelings? I've never felt that way about my own country and I'm curious as to why it is some people feel so intense about their homeland?

Genuine question, by the way :)
It's taught to us from the very beginning of our lives. America is so new that it's not hard to go back to where we started, and how far we've become. We've worked hard all our lives to obtain, the great American dream. Literally to hard. I envy countries, that let you take the whole month of August, as a vacation. That must be nice. Our companies will work us to death. I digress.
Anyway, when an elected official causes such friction, it's not the American people as a whole, that's responsible, but we're forced to back him, out of respect. I find it hard to do that right now, and it's confusing me.:unsure: We have a lot of foreclosures, bankruptcies, at the moment because, of what's going on, and I fear, our children are the ones, that are going to pay, for the elected officials mistakes.
American people, usually are very loyal, as a whole. Christian faith is very strong. God first and foremost, country, and man.:) We can't help it, we just are.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Just sounds so very alien to me :)

But then I suppose it must be the same for the Scots and the Irish - probably the Wlesh too, I imagine. Heritage and national pride are a big deal to them (considering what horrible people we were - and some still are - to them for many many years, I can understand that!).

Maybe it's because we are not taught a pledge of alliegance; maybe it's because we have no real industries of our own anymore; maybe it's because the desire to enforce multi-everything has watered down English heritage to undefinable properties so no one can really pinpoint anything quintessentially British anymore (except maybe Branston's pickle?) - I don't know.

I just know that we've dropped a long way since the days of "all in it together, stiff upper lip, rule Britannia" type stuff...flags come out for the footie and that's it. I find this to be very very sad indeed...

J

Johnnycky94

When the press told us we are in a recession that means, it ahs already passed and anytime soon we will be getting out of it, it always happens no matter what it just a cycle.

I am patriot and i love god and my country and will be proud to serve it next year. And i hope you guys will be proud of me and my fellow comrades. America is great same as everyother country that is in excistence for good.

But how can you hate it? Its still one of thee best countries to live in and gives you all the oppertunity in the world. Dont hate the country bc one man messed up in his second term(Very good first term by the way).

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

A country may give many the best opportunities whilst giving many nothing at all. Those who get the opportunities either are born into the privilege or have to fight tooth and nail to get somewhere. No one is born equal, I'm afraid. The romantic notion is there but the reality is different.

The homeless, the gangs, the addicts, the prostitutes, the poor - they are no longer regarded as having the equal opportunities of the middle classes.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;192818 said:
A country may give many the best opportunities whilst giving many nothing at all. Those who get the opportunities either are born into the privilege or have to fight tooth and nail to get somewhere. No one is born equal, I'm afraid. The romantic notion is there but the reality is different.

The homeless, the gangs, the addicts, the prostitutes, the poor - they are no longer regarded as having the equal opportunities of the middle classes.

Well, if in reality they actually had, would they still be gangbangers or prostitutes in the first place?

EDIT: Damn it, I'm too busy eating pizza at the same time. What I meant to say is that I agree, it's all bollocks.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;192816 said:
Just sounds so very alien to me :)

But then I suppose it must be the same for the Scots and the Irish - probably the Wlesh too, I imagine. Heritage and national pride are a big deal to them (considering what horrible people we were - and some still are - to them for many many years, I can understand that!).

Maybe it's because we are not taught a pledge of alliegance; maybe it's because we have no real industries of our own anymore; maybe it's because the desire to enforce multi-everything has watered down English heritage to undefinable properties so no one can really pinpoint anything quintessentially British anymore (except maybe Branston's pickle?) - I don't know.

I just know that we've dropped a long way since the days of "all in it together, stiff upper lip, rule Britannia" type stuff...flags come out for the footie and that's it. I find this to be very very sad indeed...

We have all dropped a long ways. Bush just vetoed another bill, to stop the foreclosures. We're in for a rocky ride. I keep voting to help those that truly needs it, and he stops it. It gets so frustrating.
America is made up, of all different nationalities. We were British first, you know. I'm a direct link to the Middleton family, in England. To hate England, would be like hating myself.:p

J

Johnnycky94

They can pull out, start a new living, tryt and get hired. Lots of poeple do that adn become millionaires. Ive seen drug addicts that are my friends make hella cash now bc they changed their lifes around and stopped messing with drugs. everyone is equal. Others just have to work harder

J

Johnnycky94

25%Hungarian, german, ditch, irish, scottish, english, scandenavian, french,

Im proud to be hungarian!!!!!

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Doesn't always work that way though - prejudice can prevent someone from making something of themselves. There is a reason why people become homeless/addicts/etc - it's not all by choice and to get out of those situations is not simple.

If you're lucky, you get to go through a state-approved and heavily subsidised programme of reform and rehabilitation which helps you get back on your feet. Most people just aren't lucky enough to get in, seeing as they are over-subscribed at best.

Some would rather stay on the streets than go to a government funded hostel - and I don't blame them.

Hard to get hired without a fixed abode, references, experience, qualifications etc...not many will take a chance on an ex-user/prostitute/homeless...

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Johnnycky94;192826 said:
25%Hungarian, german, ditch, irish, scottish, english, scandenavian, french,

Im proud to be hungarian!!!!!
LOL, that's so funny. I'm half German as well as English, and a touch of Irish.
We're all mutts.;)

J

Johnnycky94

moonfever;192829 said:
LOL, that's so funny. I'm half German as well as English, and a touch of Irish.
We're all mutts.;)

Yes we are! I just dont like the french in me :(....thats why i am scarred to do things lol

Lionheart

Reaction score

Johnnycky94;192834 said:
Yes we are! I just dont like the french in me :(....thats why i am scarred to do things lol

Whats wrong with the french ???? :p

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;192828 said:
Doesn't always work that way though - prejudice can prevent someone from making something of themselves. There is a reason why people become homeless/addicts/etc - it's not all by choice and to get out of those situations is not simple.

If you're lucky, you get to go through a state-approved and heavily subsidised programme of reform and rehabilitation which helps you get back on your feet. Most people just aren't lucky enough to get in, seeing as they are over-subscribed at best.

Some would rather stay on the streets than go to a government funded hostel - and I don't blame them.

Hard to get hired without a fixed abode, references, experience, qualifications etc...not many will take a chance on an ex-user/prostitute/homeless...
So true. Once you're on the streets, without a phone number and an address, nobody wants to hire you. I went through that a few years back, and it was horrible.:( It sounds as if every country, has their share of problems. You can't get much help here either, to get of the streets. I help some every now and then. With my phone number and address, they can get a job. But they really have to want that. And I've met a few. Especially in Texas, it's really hard to get help.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Yes, unfortunately, there are many people who don`t want to get help. No, they want to have better lives, but are blocking themselves and thinking that they are in too deep and have just quit trying.

Edit: Ah, your discussion about how people take loans in England and can`t take them back. It`s same here. People are taking loans to pay back a different one. And SMS loans are very popular... and lethal. The interests (sp? you know, the % you have to pay extra) are so high.

The 1% of rich people are running this country, what matters is money. I guess we want to be too much like Western countries - I mean we are a small country and can`t possibly be similar to USA or England.

J

Johnnycky94

Lionheart;192840 said:
Whats wrong with the french ???? :p

I just dont like them, pulled them out of three wars(Vietnam,wwI,wwII) they bitch way to much for my liking

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

^ So you've met a good cross-section of the country then in order to make that assessment, yes? ;)