• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why hate the USA?

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Why hate the USA?

FableFreak;193917 said:
Seeing as I am the resident "American Patriot" on these forums I have strong feelings on this issue. You need to consider a few things before making judgements about the US.

1. The United States always has good intentions, it is in the details where things go to hell.
2. The United States has never, should never, and will never be the aggressor.
3. We are always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone. Look at the BILLIONS of dollars we have poured into African Aid, especially when you consider that the leaders of many of said countries resent the US.
4. We are always willing to bomb the sh*t out of you, assuming you have wronged us prior to said sh*t bombing.

So with these things considered, maybe we should realize that some people are just ignorant of the facts. But hey, ignorance is bliss. And they will be happy until they realize they don't have their sh1t together, in which case one of two things will occur:

1. The US will intervene, and they will either be happy, or they will say we aren't respecting their sovereignty.
2. We won't help them, in which case we are heartless b@stards who only care about ourselves and our Imperialistic goals.

Edit:

For the record I think England rocks. Without you guys we wouldn't have Monty Python, the English language, or Eel pie.

Me to.

R

Reality Check

FableFreak;193917 said:
Seeing as I am the resident "American Patriot" on these forums I have strong feelings on this issue. You need to consider a few things before making judgements about the US.

1. The United States always has good intentions, it is in the details where things go to hell.
2. The United States has never, should never, and will never be the aggressor.

Either you are currently in fantasy land , your own version of fable2 or you have a very poor history teacher at school.

So with these things considered, maybe we should realize that some people are just ignorant of the facts. But hey, ignorance is bliss. And they will be happy

:rolleyes:

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

^ohhhh, your gonna get it now, have fun. im not sticking my neck in this one btw.

S

Solus

Everyone hates everyone, that's how it is, that's how it will always be. Peace is an unachievable goal.
If only the world leaders could see that, then they could focus on more important things.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Edit:

For the record I think England rocks. Without you guys we wouldn't have Monty Python, the English language, or Eel pie.

Monty Python is good, the language is ok, but lets leave the pie out of it, it's not one of our greatest inventions!:p

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;193886 said:
Funny, we were taught the exact opposite at school. We were told that England is so successful because it is a country with strong historical and cultural roots. That you have your own way of living and don`t follow other countries...
*bursts out laughing* - yeah, we don't follow ANYONE (except whoever has more power and money at the time) :lol:

We used to be a country worth something - why else would people keep trying to conquer us in history? But our government is weak and our people largely apathetic, so there is little to be proud of anymore. Most kids who go into the army now seem to go for two reasons - either they are unruly, prone to troublemaking and borderline prison fodder therefore need the discipline of the army to straighten them out or they have no qualifications or no chance of getting them for whatever reasons and join the army because it's the best career they can go for and is not without its benefits. Provided you don't require a uniform that does the right job, of course. Our Ministry of Defence seems to "misplace" the funds required for decent kit these days :rolleyes:

Our culture is (or should be) strongly rooted in Celtic history - the true Britons were driven into Wales for a long time by invaders therefore what we see as British culture is very much a mixture of Gaelic and Celtic influences - obviously affected by Romans because, let's face it, they railed everyone they could get their hands on - but very much a pagan/Christian nation at its' heart. But now that culture seems to no longer exist and no one can really define England anymore. We have no real industry other than who can get on the most benefits and avoid working...our mines have shut down, our steel works are redundant and even our farmers struggle to make ends meet with the ever-abundance of imported produce from around the world.

All we have to say for ourselves now is we are the most obese nation in Europe, highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe, highest (at last check) abortion rate in Europe, highest asthma rate in Europe, highest unemployment rate in Europe - as Bill Bailey once put it:

"We're just a nation of wheezy, lardy, lazy, shagging b*stards"

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Angel;194003 said:
Our culture is (or should be) strongly rooted in Celtic history - the true Britons were driven into Wales for a long time by invaders therefore what we see as British culture is very much a mixture of Gaelic and Celtic influences - obviously affected by Romans because, let's face it, they railed everyone they could get their hands on - but very much a pagan/Christian nation at its' heart. But now that culture seems to no longer exist "
thought you might like to know but I'm in the middle of becoming a practicing pagan, following the path of the Druid, which emphasises arts and philosophy, and its facinating! (also considered church of the jedi ;);))

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

^ Yeah, "when completing the official census and confronted with the question of religion, most people just put Jedi" (Another Bill Bailey one)

What people fail to understand sometimes is that much of Christianity as British people experience it today is thanks to the mixture of Celtic paganism and Eastern Christianity. The Romans did their bit to try and Westernise it to suit their political ends, but essentially there were Celts who converted to Christianity, jumped on a coracle and sailed all over England, incorporating elements of paganism with this new Eastern religion called Christianity. It was the Romans who cocked it up to the weirdness it can be today - the Celtic Christians were a very free race and took both religions in their stride by remaining true to their cultural roots without flying in the face of their new-found religion.

The English owe far more to the Welsh, Irish and Scottish than I imagine we care to admit...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Hehe, Rome rolled all over you guys... But when they knew to stay the bloody hell away from Scotland. We're crazy mofos... All painted blue and naked...

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

I'm half Scottish by decent, my great great great grandmother was burnt at the stake for being a witch, and I truly believe that every single person in the world has the right to choose what’s best for them-selves. If someone wants to call themselves jedi, and truly believe in the beliefs of the jedi order/church, then by all means be a jedi. I’m attending a jedi wedding October, people may scoff at their beliefs but the couple who are getting married love one another and live their day to day lives in accordance of the jedi churches doctorate. I began studying Paganism about 11 months ago now, and I can be truthful when I say I has been some of the happiest months of my life, not everyone will feel this way and not everyone will need something as big in their lives as religion to feel fulfilled but maybe this is what is missing in life, something to believe in.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I don't care what religion a person is as long as they dont harp on about it too much or try to convert me or whatever.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

Arseface;194019 said:
I don't care what religion a person is as long as they dont harp on about it too much or try to convert me or whatever.
I'm not harping, I'm just saying I found something and it's great, I wouldn't want to convert anyone as I feel being forced into anything is shocking (unless it's beer!):p

F

FableFreak

Reality Check;193937 said:
Either you are currently in fantasy land , your own version of fable2 or you have a very poor history teacher at school.

:rolleyes:

*Gives a massive round of applause*

Congratulations, that was easily one of the greates rebuttals of all time! But wait, I, I don't actually see any sort of facts to back up what you said. All I see is a sentance and an emoticon. Maybe try next time. Also YOU are the one who needs a ****ing history lesson. Let's take a look at the wars the US has fought:

The American Revolution
From 1775 to 1782, the Americans faced off against the largest empire in the world. Led by General Washington they won. This was not a war of aggression, it was a revolution against an opressive government.

The War of 1812
Some call it the Second War of Independence, for when it ended and the US had fought Great Britain to a stalemate, America's independence was assured. Once again, not a war of aggression.

Mexican-American War
The Texans seceded from Mexico, and the United States army came to the aid of its territory.

The Civil War
It was America's bloodiest war as brother fought brother.

The Spanish-American War
America became a world power with its victory over the Spanish in this war. This war began with revolutionaries in Cuba and was given aid by the Americans so Cuba could have independence.

World War I
Millions died in the fields of Europe. And who was the aggressor? Germany.

World War II
Do I have to even explain this?

The Korean War
For two years America fought a full fledged war to keep South Korea free.

Vietnam War
It was the longest war that the United States fought and the only one that the United States lost. However it was to keep Communist forces from overtaking South Vietnam.

Desert Storm
The last war America took part in the 20th century took place when Kuwait was invaded by Iraq. The Iraqis were the ones to start it.

Operation Enduring Freedom
War came to America on September 11th, so we went to Afghanistan to hunt down bin Laden and take down the Taliban regime.

Iraqi Freedom
On March 19th 2003 the United States invaded Iraq to overthrow the government of Saddam Hussein. Granted there are some confusing things about this war, but if you want to call the US the aggressor, fine. 1 out of 12 isn't too bad.

So no my good man, **** you.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

What about My Lai?

F

FableFreak

Angel;194092 said:
What about My Lai?

The My Lai massacre was a tragic thing, but it was not condoned by the US Military. Those who committed the murders are the ones to blame. It isn't like the Generals said "Hey, send 1st Platoon, C Company to go massacre My Lai village."

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Wasn't it part of the Phoenix Program though? (forgive my history - it sucks at the best of times)

F

FableFreak

The two were not related, however the Phoenix Program was intended as a "total war" strategy to undermind the infrastructure of the Viet Cong.