• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why hate the USA?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Why hate the USA?

bush is no more than a puppet. our government was bought and sold a long time ago. the corruption is everywhere, media, schools, politics, religion, everywhere. and soon we are gonna have another big election, and after that im sure the people will elect an intelligent person and our country will improve imidiatly (rolls eyes). our votes dont actually do anything, other than create the illusion that the people run this country. we dont. we have owners, they own us. this country is going to crap, i think even in a fake democracy we should get we want once in a while. sorry im going on one of my rants again. ill shut up now.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

FableFreak;194131 said:
Quick question, why am I paying $4.55 a gallon for gasoline if we invaded a country full of oil?

Haha, wait, I guess the war wasn't about a commodity after all.

because the fact is that the oil companies are making a HUGE profit on gas. and they keep jacking up the price because we are willing to pay for it. you want lower gas prices? stop buying gas for a while. use other form of transportation, and the oil compainies will realize that we wont put up with their bs anymore and lower the damn price.

and i dont think the war is only about oil, but it definetly plays a role.

and just for the record, i dont hate america, that would mean that i care about america. i dont. i dont give a rats ass what this country does, or what happens to it. this country is compleatly full of ****, just like everybody else. oh, and no i do not value human life. the less humans on this earth, the better off everything else is. humans are nothing more than a desease, and need to be wiped out.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

On the whole Iraq issue... I slightly disagree with FF with regards to Americas intentions. As I see it, America went for oil, with ousting Saddam as a positive side effect. Don't get me wrong, the Americans did a good thing, but you cannot say that their intentions were entirely benevolent from the beginning. If they were completely benevolent then they would have ousted Mugabe aswell. Why haven't they? No resources there to make it worth their while.

And on the oil thing... Prices went up initially because of the whole combat thing making it difficult for oil companies to operate, and stayed up because the oil company realised that we'll pay whatever they make us because the world runs on oil.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

i agree with arseface on this one. while oil may not be the soul cause of the war, it does play a role as to why we are there in the first place. and the price of gas keeps going up because the oil companies have realized that they can keep jacking up the price and we will continue to pay. if everyone where to boycot gas long enough to put a dent in the oil companies wallet. then the price of gas will go down, for a little while. its discusting how high the profit margins for the oil companies are. and dont beleive the myth that we are running low on fossil fuels, we are not.

oh beautiful for smoggy skies, and insecticided grain.
for strip mined mountains majasty, above the asphalt plain.
america, america, man sheds his waste on thee.
and hides the pines with billboard signs, from sea to oily sea.

i havent kept up to date on the iraq bs, because i dont really care what happens. because no matter what way you look at it the human race is SOL abs JWF (**** outa luck and jolly well ****ed). we really have about 30 years left to live the way we are, before things start really going to hell. so please, keep burning fuels and putting CO2 in the air. the sooner we are wiped out, the better.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

sorry, too lazy for links right now. but ya thats nifty. not really concerned about inflation and all that crap like i said befor. the worlds going to hell, and i couldnt be happier.

also for the record, i have no interest in arguing politics, good day. like iv said befor, i take care of myself and dont give a **** about anyone else.

F

FableFreak

TJ Griffin;194253 said:
sorry, too lazy for links right now. but ya thats nifty. not really concerned about inflation and all that crap like i said befor. the worlds going to hell, and i couldnt be happier.

I'm trying to make a point here in an argument that I clearly am outnumbered in. The entire article proves the point that there is no way we can benefit from Iraqi oil.

In summary:

We only import 2% of our oil consumption from Iraq. That is 2% at its PEAK. Iraq imports more oil than it exports.

We get more oil from Canada than anywhere else!

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

well, i must confess, i dont stay up to date on all the iraq and oil bs. so i dont know much about whats going on, and i dont much care. but dont get me wrong, i dont hate the USA, i hate everyone and everything equaly. well, not really hate, more like, dont give a ****.

R

Reality Check

So as pointed out you live in a fantasy land and you don't have a basic understanding of your own history.

FableFreak;194087 said:
Mexican-American War
The Texans seceded from Mexico, and the United States army came to the aid of its territory.

The stealing of Mexico.

The Spanish-American War
America became a world power with its victory over the Spanish in this war. This war began with revolutionaries in Cuba and was given aid by the Americans so Cuba could have independence.

The beginning of decades of terror against Cuba.

World War II
Do I have to even explain this?

Atom and fire bombing millions of people, nope no explanation needed.

The Korean War
For two years America fought a full fledged war to keep South Korea free.

America invaded South Korea. Aggression.

Vietnam War
It was the longest war that the United States fought and the only one that the United States lost. However it was to keep Communist forces from overtaking South Vietnam.

The US slaughtered 100,000 South Vietnamese by 1961 and then invaded the country, aggression. North Vietnam was not trying to take over South Vietnam.

Desert Storm
The last war America took part in the 20th century took place when Kuwait was invaded by Iraq. The Iraqis were the ones to start it.

Saddam which you had just spent ten years helping butcher people.

Operation Enduring Freedom
War came to America on September 11th, so we went to Afghanistan to hunt down bin Laden and take down the Taliban regime.

You were the victim of a terrorist attack and then in return you committed a much larger terrorist attack.

Iraqi Freedom
On March 19th 2003 the United States invaded Iraq to overthrow the government of Saddam Hussein. Granted there are some confusing things about this war, but if you want to call the US the aggressor, fine. 1 out of 12 isn't too bad.

This is 12 out of 12

So no my good man, **** you.

So like previously mentioned you have no understanding of your own country and that speaks volumes to the US education system.

FableFreak;194106 said:
I am simply saying that the United States, as a whole, goes into things with good intentions.

Like when Nixon and Kissinger discussed the bombing of dams which would kill 200,000 people and then they did it?

If you re-read my original post you will see I already said this. We never plan to go into something expecting genocide, no one can foresee such things.

Like when Ford visited Suharto in Indonesia two days before Suharto invaded East Timor and during this visit told Suharto to hold off the invasion until after he had left and after assuring his full support and giving millions in weapons to wipe out a third of the East Timor population.

Like I already said, we start out meaning well, but it is the unforeseen and uncalculated consequences which turn things the wrong way.

Your firm grasp of the 20th century turns things the wrong way

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Then I guess the question is why are you paying $4.55 a gallon?

And yeah, America arrived late in WW2 and claimed victory (at least in Europe anyway. You saved our Aussie arses in the Pacific). The USSR won that war. (I comment on this alone because of my lack of knowledge on the other wars, and the fact that my history teacher of two years is obsessed with the subject)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

well, you both are obviously better at debating than me, so im not gonna get involved. but, Reality Check, you seem to know a lot about US history (i never paid attention in history class, our education system sure is a piece of ****, no?), but you dont seem to be from america. where are you from? (just curious, not interested in an argument)

R

Reality Check

Arseface;194275 said:
Then I guess the question is why are you paying $4.55 a gallon?

And yeah, America arrived late in WW2 and claimed victory (at least in Europe anyway. You saved our Aussie arses in the Pacific). The USSR won that war. (I comment on this alone because of my lack of knowledge on the other wars, and the fact that my history teacher of two years is obsessed with the subject)

Its true that the US greatly helped in WW2, eventually, after having sat back enjoying big profits.

Whats rarely mentioned is post-ww2 where they reinstated both Nazis and Nazi collaborators to positions of power.

TJ Griffin;194277 said:
well, you both are obviously better at debating than me, so im not gonna get involved. but, Reality Check, you seem to know a lot about US history (i never paid attention in history class, our education system sure is a piece of ****, no?),

If Fablefreak's understanding of Vietnam is anything to go by, yeah it's definitely not the best around.

but you dont seem to be from america. where are you from? (just curious, not interested in an argument)

Australia/UK

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Personally I'm finding all this history nothing short of fascinating - at school we got told little more than "Henry VIII and his bunch of wives, the boring-as-hell industrial revolution and there were two world wars - very sad, don't get bogged down in details."

J

Johnnycky94

I learned about eh greeks and the romans! That was some good ****! Egyption's were interesting to

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ancient Greece is awesome - I much prefer ancient history to modern...

J

Johnnycky94

Ancient history is the best! Ancient Greece and rome was a fascinating time to study.

F

Father of Skorm

i agree...

also, a small point as to how, comparatively, america isn't neccessarily so bad... the government here in the uk goes on about how theres not enuf money and in order to pay for anything they would have to raise taxes but noone wants that so we'll just go down the drain into hell and beyond... have you seen how much they get paid? and not just officially, the stuff they get away with off the books! every high-ranking official gets a housing allowance for their second and third houses!

also, some of the early posts reminded me of a program i watched on modern chinese culture yesterday. for the most part, the ppl there have no idea that their country is doing things the rest of the world considers 'bad' they are only just findingout that some ppl don't like them and aren't just happy for their economic improvements etc.

also, i agree with the whole issue with corporate corruption of the government (in the west in general not just USA or UK). the best way to have a leader is someone who doesn't really want the job, is sufficiently righteous etc not to take too many bribes, andactually has a vague (or preferably good) idea what they are doing.

in reference to TJs viewpoint, 1stly if you don't care then why go on abput it? you clearly care on some level, but possibly are conflicted within yourself? 2ndly, if we just left the world to itself to get better or worse as it may or may not happen, then that will just lead to a greater level of inter-racial/country distrust and ultimately a level of conflict not seen in hundereds of years. what everyone seem to forget is that we are, on the whole, more peaceful than we have ever really been. going back just a few hundered years nearly every country in europe (or at least the western bit that we actually learn about in school) has some sort of beef with the majority of others, with just a few allies, and the only thing holding back an all out war was the fact that there were neither the resources, nor coud it be feasably acheived, due to the simple fact that alliances were as conflictory as the enmities. going back a couple of thousand years there was inter village conflict to almostthat scale, nevermind intercountry!

B

Bolgard

Oh damn, heady topic. Alright.

Most of the cost of oil has to do with market speculation, which creates bubbles which then implode. It's simple. If people with a lot of money think something is worth a lot, they invest, as do other people, and the price of that commodity becomes artificially inflated, which results in your close to five dollar a gallon gas prices.

The war in Iraq was about many things, mostly based on geopolitical strategy. We've been wanting to get into Iraq for a regime change since the first Gulf War, and this seemed like a perfect excuse to do it, but as usual in American foreign policy, we made a colossal mistake regarding what would happen when we actually occupied the state. We went in under the assumption that we'd replace Saddam with an ally that would pretty much do what we told him to do, and we expected "democracy" to just flourish overnight and just work, like replacing an exhaust on a car.

There are a lot of problems with this, mainly that the Middle East really has no concept of democracy, given their tribal, ethnic, and religious sectarian history. What we have now is a toy democracy with all the other stuff brewing underneath -- hence the reason we're still there five years later. The Middle East is also very suspicious of Western intentions with good reason, because the US has a habit of supporting leaders and dictators with pro-Western interests regardless of whatever else they do. Saddam is a perfect example.

The irony of this whole situation is that we went into Iraq and replaced the only secular leader of a non-Islamic state in the Middle East with a religious fundamentalist Muslim government, which is one of the reasons Iran is thrilled that we invaded.

Basically the reason behind a lot of mistrust of the United States, particularly in that region, is based on its history of foreign policy over the past fifty years or so, especially since the beginning of the Cold War, the Truman Doctrine, etc.