• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WOW WOW!!! FABLE 2 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: WOW WOW!!! FABLE 2 trailer

flamingsquirrel;19991 said:
*wipes drool of keyboard*
whoa, looks awsome, but guns look dumb, every game i've ever play with old fashoined guns like that, have sucked, if they dop include guns, they'd better change the camera view, the only way they could really put them in, and keep the current cam and stuff, would be to replace bows with guns

Im sure they have thought about all the negative and positive things about including them already thousands of times over so hopefully they get it right.

U

Unsung Hunter

guns would be a nice addition. just make sure everything is balanced out. it'll definitely make me feel much more safer when trading around the world of albion:)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Only one thing bothers me about guns: How would you do a charged-up shot with a gun? Not like you could pull the trigger harder like you'd do with a bow string!

F

flamingsquirrel

^^
drop 2 rounds in the barrel?
if they really plan to use old guns, it would truly suck i mean, who wants to shoot once, then whatch there guy pour powder down the barrel, pat it in, drop a lead ball in, pick up the gun, pull of the spent firing cap, put a new one on, and pull back the hammer, just fire abother shot, and repeat the whole thing?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Drop two round and I belive you'll end up blowing the gun, and your hand, to smithereens!

F

flamingsquirrel

not neciarily, with a modern gun, yes, say goodbye to your right hand (now you WILL have to get a grilfriend!) but with an old gun like that, it might work, since with a modern gun, the barrel and the bullet are almost the same size, it's airtight, but with a old gun, it wasn'tairtight, a reason why the gun weren't very acurate or powerfull, since the gas wasn't just pushing on the bullet, there was extra room in the barrel, for more bullets. think of it like a 9mm firing out of a .45, there's more room in the barrel. like a shotgun, exept with bigger pelets (bbs, whatever the little bullets in shotguns are called)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;20030 said:
not neciarily, with a modern gun, yes, say goodbye to your right hand (now you WILL have to get a grilfriend!) but with an old gun like that, it might work, since with a modern gun, the barrel and the bullet are almost the same size, it's airtight, but with a old gun, it wasn'tairtight, a reason why the gun weren't very acurate or powerfull, since the gas wasn't just pushing on the bullet, there was extra room in the barrel, for more bullets. think of it like a 9mm firing out of a .45, there's more room in the barrel. like a shotgun, exept with bigger pelets (bbs, whatever the little bullets in shotguns are called)

I cant imagine running round Fable with a 9mm :p

Shotgun bullets are refered to as 'Shells'

Anyway on a more serious note, its a game and 'Fable' isnt factually correct anyway so i imagine some kind of powerful old style gun will be made with different fire types. In real life it would be impossible but..

1. Its a game
2. Its Fable and about myths so why not (no-one seen Van Helsing the movie lol) look at the weapons he uses in that for the time period.

F

flamingsquirrel

i know shotgun "bullets" are called shells, i'm talking about the little BBs inside them, i know they have a special name (at least, i think i know) but i can't remember them.

and obviously, it wouldent have to be THAT realistic, but the topic was how would you charge it up.

mabey, as you hold the fire button, you'll pour gin powder down the barrel, and when you let go, he'll snap it up, and fire.

van helsing sucked, just like constatine.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

flamingsquirrel;20071 said:
i know shotgun "bullets" are called shells, i'm talking about the little BBs inside them, i know they have a special name (at least, i think i know) but i can't remember them.

and obviously, it wouldent have to be THAT realistic, but the topic was how would you charge it up.

mabey, as you hold the fire button, you'll pour gin powder down the barrel, and when you let go, he'll snap it up, and fire.

van helsing sucked, just like constatine.

They dont really have a special name just shotgun spray.

I wasnt taking about the quality of the movie Van Helsing i was talking about the idea of modern type weapons in past time period has been done before.

J

Joe of Spades

Fable 2 is 500 years after fable so I can see why they would put guns in the game.

F

flamingsquirrel

Dark Drakan;20093 said:
They dont really have a special name just shotgun spray.

I wasnt taking about the quality of the movie Van Helsing i was talking about the idea of modern type weapons in past time period has been done before.

i knew you were talking about modern(ish) weapons in older era's (like wild wild west, you know will smith gave up a part in the matrix for WWW, he thought that WWW would be more popular)

i'm pretty sure that the individual "bullets" have a name, it's probably "pellets"

anyway, back on topic

L

LionHeadTex

Unsung Hunter;20003 said:
guns would be a nice addition. just make sure everything is balanced out. it'll definitely make me feel much more safer when trading around the world of albion:)
I agree

And if someone is invading your estate, you just cock the gun and blow the bandit into two.
So its safe to say,when your 100 years old, it would be halarious being able to say "get off my lawn!":D

F

flamingsquirrel

LionHeadTex;20180 said:
I agree

And if someone is invading your estate, you just cock the gun and blow the bandit into two.
So its safe to say,when your 100 years old, it would be halarious being able to say "get off my lawn!":D

65 remmber, 65 "groff me lawn ya young wippersnapper!"
i hope in fable 2, you can own property, and build a house, and then fortify it, and eventualy end up with a fort. that'd be cool

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Joe of Spades;20108 said:
Fable 2 is 500 years after fable so I can see why they would put guns in the game.

I agree, otherwise you would be thinking 'What the hell did they do for 500years!!?'

F

flamingsquirrel

feared the wrath of JoB and teh hero (if yuz wuz havink of teh ebilness)
srry fo da bat spelng, ima jst feilng liek it

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;20205 said:
I agree, otherwise you would be thinking 'What the hell did they do for 500years!!?'

Bang Lady Gray?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;20331 said:
Bang Lady Gray?

For 500years! What are they Necrophilliacs!?

F

flamingsquirrel

why does everybody on the internet know what that means? it's not exactly a common word, unless, everyone on the internet is a X-Files geek...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Hot water is the magic potion...

F

FableFreak

Well, i guess we can all agree, and i am not saying this lightly, that Fable 2 will kick ass. Like 1,000,000 to the tenth power squared times infiniti ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.