• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your First Crush?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
God didn't create Earth. The all-powerful Flying Spaghetti Monster did. I know, because I have been touched by His noodly appendage.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
God didn't create Earth. The all-powerful Flying Spaghetti Monster did. I know, because I have been touched by His noodly appendage.
I thought it was the Proper Hamburger who did it? You know, the one who backtracked through time?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Do not mock my religion, please. "Proper Hamburger"... That's just stupid.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Do not mock my religion, please. "Proper Hamburger"... That's just stupid.
My regrets, m'lord. Or d'you prefer Cap'n?Or even 'Oh-Ehm-Gee!'?

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
Well tell us about the recent one then!
well, i met him in this class im taking, he's really nice, funny, and we are both really similar. we were talking last night how we both really like each-other but there are some complications at the moment, but we might be dating soon. c:

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I can respect your decision to abstain because of your own or passed down perception of morality and the fear of blemishing it but it is probably not a good idea to bring God into it on here. With the no doubt probably widely contrasting views or thoughts on God by everyone on this forum, from experience it will probably just turn into a ugly debate and if it were necessary warrant its own discussion.
I agree, though the fine folks here are quite well-behaved in such a debate.. still, topic derailing is normal, but I wasn't expecting the first crush to drive down Flying Spaghetti Monster lane.

Lorelai said:
That said, my current crush is Robin Pecknold. :wub: I will be extremely but pleasantly surprised if anyone here knows who he is.

Never heard of him actually.

Lorelai

Reaction score
I agree, though the fine folks here are quite well-behaved in such a debate.. still, topic derailing is normal, but I wasn't expecting the first crush to drive down Flying Spaghetti Monster lane.

Never heard of him actually.

You silly goose!! Robin Pecknold of the Fleet Foxes!! How can you forget?! I only showed you videos and sent songs >_<

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
You silly goose!! Robin Pecknold of the Fleet Foxes!! How can you forget?! I only showed you videos and sent songs >_<

Ohh, so that's who that was... Pecknold, Pecknold... very funny name. I can only imagine a parrot repeating his name like a broken record now.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I am currently trying to pimp on three girls, I'll let y'all know how that goes, I have one already, but she is like a backup girl, she'll always be there for me but she isn't exactly my type.

Also, I have a crush on Spaghetti.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Necromancer is Necromancer, and r5v3n i r5v3n; not anyone else. But one could easily lose oneself in a very disarranged world created by something (someone?) known as God.

I suppose I'm understanding this now, but I'm not sure what you're trying to do by simply giving a reason why things are the way they are, or why you are the way you are.

I wasn't expecting the first crush to drive down Flying Spaghetti Monster lane.

Any topic can and will be related to this magnificent, noodly being. You should know that.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
My first crush <3
Image.ashx

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Oh?

Consider this. A life of abstinence comes with it considerable difficulty as it has its principles and values and other things that are absent in a life without abstinence. People do not voluntarily take the more difficult path unless they feel it will be more rewarding in some way. Regardless of what the reward for him might be, that he seeks a personal gain in a more difficult lifestyle that he could not get by forgoing abstinence, wouldn't it make more sense to assume that he has already asked himself why?

Do people who care nothing for abstinence have a good reason why outside of societal conditioning to do so? Are "because that's stupid" or "that's just not my thing" valid reasons? Would it not be safer to assume that people who don't abide by these principles haven't put in nearly as much thought into such matters as people who do?

Would it not be more logical to think that you have it backwards? Here's what I think, I think you want more people to be like you. If that's what you're going for, say so, but skip the crap. What I really want to know is why you are okay with people like me who are whores but you are seemingly bothered by people like him who aren't. I admire that sort of thing, I praise and encourage it, I envy it even. If I could do it over, that's how I'd do it. And I want to know why you have to give him s*** about it.

I'm not necro, but whatevz.
Just to be clear: I don't care what you people do with your lives, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I acutally encourage you to be different than I am, because if we were the same, that would be boring...

Now then: I didn't really see necro giving him 'crap' about anything. HE just wanted to know why. Which now, so do I. Why is he like that? He talks about morality, but how does he view it, then? Why would premarital sex be bad? But I'm not judginh anyone.
However, JD, you do make a point (I think). Which is why I'll ask everyone else questions as well.
Why is JD a manwhore that wishes he could have done it differently? Why does necro think r5v3n hasn't considered all possibilities before making an answer? Who does D3m190d think he is, trying to clear things up while he is yet another insignificant, totally biased human being? Why can't HobbeBrain jizz? Why is the Earth flat?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Wow...this has gotten blown way out of proportion.

Consider this. A life of abstinence comes with it considerable difficulty as it has its principles and values and other things that are absent in a life without abstinence. People do not voluntarily take the more difficult path unless they feel it will be more rewarding in some way. Regardless of what the reward for him might be, that he seeks a personal gain in a more difficult lifestyle that he could not get by forgoing abstinence, wouldn't it make more sense to assume that he has already asked himself why?

Well, there was no assuming in my dialogue with him. I didn't assume that he had or hadn't thought about why he didn't want to have premarital sex. I was just curious, so I asked. It's as simple as that.

Do people who care nothing for abstinence have a good reason why outside of societal conditioning to do so? Are "because that's stupid" or "that's just not my thing" valid reasons? Would it not be safer to assume that people who don't abide by these principles haven't put in nearly as much thought into such matters as people who do?

Well, the thing is, you don't really need a reason to not abstain. Biology gives us one, so a lack of abstinence really only requires a lack of reasons to abstain. And to me, it's not really about putting more or less thought into the matter. It's just about putting in enough thought to come to your conclusion, so sure, maybe a person who abstains might have put more thought into their decision than someone who doesn't (I guess it would depend on the people used as examples), but that doesn't really mean a whole lot to me.

Would it not be more logical to think that you have it backwards? Here's what I think, I think you want more people to be like you. If that's what you're going for, say so, but skip the crap. What I really want to know is why you are okay with people like me who are whores but you are seemingly bothered by people like him who aren't. I admire that sort of thing, I praise and encourage it, I envy it even. If I could do it over, that's how I'd do it. And I want to know why you have to give him s*** about it.

I'm not bothered by him or his choices, and I wasn't trying to give him sh*t. I realize that it may have come off that way, but that's not how I intended it. I was just curious, so I asked. Then, when he made his next post, it started with "Dunno," indicating to me that there was a bit of uncertainty. Then, the next thing he said, "Influenced by moral-inducing stuff," I interpreted as him being influenced by societal conditioning, so I wanted to try to help him out. Now, if he had said something different, I might have responded differently. For example, if he said something like, "My brother and his girlfriend had an unwanted pregnancy due to premarital sex, and I don't want that to happen to me," then I would have completely left it alone because that would have been an actual reason to abstain.

He didn't ask because he's curious, he didn't ask because he wants him to be more enlightened or to get some perspective, or to better himself in any way. He's asking because it differs from him, it differs from what he wants and accepts, and that is why he selectively chooses people who follow paths he disagrees with to "ask" these things. That's intolerant and wrong.

I really do take quite a bit of issue with this, but I'm trying not to start a flame war, so I'll just keep it simple. I've already said twice in this post that I asked because I was curious. I guess you could say the fact that it differed from my beliefs was part of what made me curious, but I was not just trying to get him to believe what I believe. If you still think otherwise after reading everything I have to say here, then so be it.

To put this in another context that others would be able to understand better, it would be exactly the same as me asking Tyloric why he's gay, but not asking straight people why they're straight, and rationalizing it as "well I would assume straight people know why they're straight" which implies that gay people don't know why they're gay. So, Necro asks an abstinent person why he's abstinent, but does not ask anyone else why they're not, rationalizing it as "well I would assume people who have premarital sex know why they have premarital sex" which implies that people who abstain don't know why they abstain. It's suggestive as well as a s*** thing to do.

I wasn't asking because I wanted him to think about his beliefs though. That part only came after he gave his answer.

The reason this is wrong is because it's intolerance disguised as philosophy. "I just want you to know why you're the way you are if you're going to be that way". It implies that there's something wrong with it, it tells me that Necro thinks that people who lead that lifestyle are ignorant. If he wanted to just say that, like "I see no reason that I find acceptable to abstain from premarital sex and I think people who do are religious zealots" then whatever, but he is veiling it in condescension and taking jackassery to that level between ignorant kid and intolerant bastard. And the worst part is he doesn't even see it because he has been convinced that this kind of behavior is okay because of "societal conditioning".

Well, again, I wasn't trying to imply that there is something wrong with his choice or that people who live that way are ignorant, because there isn't, and they're not (necessarily).

Come on John, help me out. I'm really trying to avoid a fight here.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
He's asking because it differs from him.

I guess you could say the fact that it differed from my beliefs was part of what made me curious, but I was not just trying to get him to believe what I believe.

Whenever I meet someone who agrees with me on certain things, like important political matters, or simple what's good taste in music, I don't ask them why they think that. Not because I think they're 'right' and don't have to be asked that, but because I assume it's largely for the same reasons I am convinced that way. I might hear some new things, but mostly, I think I'd only hear what I already decided myself. That's a reason, for me personally, not to ask the same question to people who share my beliefs. It's largely for the same reasons I hold those beliefs, and I already know why I hold them.

Maybe the same counted for necro. Only asking people whose views are different those questions, because it'd be only partly helpful to ask someone of which you (think you) already know. I dunno.

And that's too bad, JD. If only I had a time reversal machine to give y- OH WAIT.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE LOOK I GOT A NEW TOY CAR

empty%20floor%208x10%20flat.jpg

...:'(

Alright now, I'm curious to know which one of you stole it and which hand you'd rather have amputated.

:cheez:

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
HEY EVERYONE LOOK I GOT A NEW TOY CAR

empty%20floor%208x10%20flat.jpg

...:'(

Alright now, I'm curious to know which one of you stole it and which hand you'd rather have amputated.

:troll:
I was there all the time, so you don't have to ask me. You already know what my view is on this case.

Even though it was actually me. But you don't know that.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Whenever I meet someone who agrees with me on certain things, like important political matters, or simple what's good taste in music, I don't ask them why they think that. Not because I think they're 'right' and don't have to be asked that, but because I assume it's largely for the same reasons I am convinced that way. I might hear some new things, but mostly, I think I'd only hear what I already decided myself. That's a reason, for me personally, not to ask the same question to people who share my beliefs. It's largely for the same reasons I hold those beliefs, and I already know why I hold them.

Maybe the same counted for necro. Only asking people whose views are different those questions, because it'd be only partly helpful to ask someone of which you (think you) already know. I dunno.

Yes, exactly. That's how it is for me too.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Well I've had three major ones, one of which I am still currently experiencing... :blush:

First was the longest one, starting when a new girl came into our class when I was about 6 and lasting at least 6 more years, my friend finally talking me out of her when I was about 12. Thing is she was 6 with the body of an 8 year old. God she really got me going.

Second one was only a few months ago, my friend introduced me to a bunch of people from his school (he goes to a mixed school, I go to an all boys one, I need to get my fix of clunge somehow, don't judge) and there was a girl who fancied me, so I ended up returning the favour and then, well, during a game of Truth or Dare after I kissed her I kissed some other girl who started properly going at it and, well, she basically thought I was a manwhore. We ended on terms though. It's all gewd.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
My first crush ever was a girl named Katie in elementary school, I remember praying to God alot in my backyard that we would get married one day. She was blonde with blue eyes and very athletic and played soccer. She was one of those upper class kids who brought their own neat little lunch boxes to school with perfectly made sandwiches and never noticed me. Infact she always told on me and made sure the cooler kids didn't like me. But in middle school I started hanging out with all the gangster kids got a mohawk and learned how to dress and everyone loved me and she became ugly and never fully developed so HAHA!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Dear People of the Internet,

I'm having girl troubles and I want to use this thread to talk about them.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Arseface.